Stupid Question -- Groups?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Depleted

Excuse me. Only been here two years, so I'm new. (lol)

I know there are groups. Where do I start one? Where are they hiding? And, since I can't even find them, where do I go to learn how to start one?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
On your profile file page on the left side in the middle there is a box named Chat Groups. Click on Join and there you will find what is available to join. On this same page on the left side near the top there is a box Create Group to give you the option of creating your own.

From my understanding, if you click on a group to join the person that started the group has the option to accept you or not. Hope this helps a little.

M

Miri

Hi Lynn. If you click on your chat profile, then look at the left hand column,
scroll down the column and you will see a heading called "join chat group".

Click on it to see the list of groups which you can join. If you want to create your
own there is a create group button also, this is on the left hand side of the groups list.

Most groups are barely used and most fizzle out after a short while.

If you create one there are options where you can make them open groups so anyone can
join at any time, or closed groups where someone can ask to join, but only the
moderator can let them or invite them to join.

If you create the group you basically become the group moderator. Only you can delete the
group or close it down, or you can transfer the moderator function to another person.
This is why there are so many dead groups which no one uses, as the original creator is
no longer here or the group was never deleted when it died a death!

I created a weight loss group ages ago but it was hardly used, so I deleted it.
Oh the burden of such power. Lol

A

Ariel82

http://christianchat.com/group.php?do=create

If you would like to create one.

You can go to "new post"

Then "new group post" tab up top to check if anyone has posted in your groups recently.

Most groups are either hidden or not active publically.

I suggest having a moderated group and put settings to members only view posts.

Anyway good luck.

D

Depleted

Hi Lynn. If you click on your chat profile, then look at the left hand column,
scroll down the column and you will see a heading called "join chat group".

Click on it to see the list of groups which you can join. If you want to create your
own there is a create group button also, this is on the left hand side of the groups list.

Most groups are barely used and most fizzle out after a short while.

If you create one there are options where you can make them open groups so anyone can
join at any time, or closed groups where someone can ask to join, but only the
moderator can let them or invite them to join.

If you create the group you basically become the group moderator. Only you can delete the
group or close it down, or you can transfer the moderator function to another person.
This is why there are so many dead groups which no one uses, as the original creator is
no longer here or the group was never deleted when it died a death!

I created a weight loss group ages ago but it was hardly used, so I deleted it.
Oh the burden of such power. Lol
Ack! Don't want sole moderation. Not big on the power thing. I also don't want it to be a "my group" thing.

Oh well, got things to do now, so at least I can put this off for a bit.

Thanks everyone for the help.

U

Ugly

Ack! Don't want sole moderation. Not big on the power thing. I also don't want it to be a "my group" thing.

Oh well, got things to do now, so at least I can put this off for a bit.

Thanks everyone for the help.
We'll someone has to keep it moderated. But from what I've seen the groups are rarely active.