Subject: SALVATION

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Good evening my beloved brothers and sisters, I just created an account on this website due to some questions that have intrigued me. The main one at the moment is about salvation.

Here we go, the bible makes it clear that we can only be saved through Jesus Christ. I was recently discussing with a friend and he replied to that questionating: “So will people that have never heard about Jesus go to hell?” - My answer was “no” because God is just then he replied saying “So if some people can be saved without having faith in Jesus, how come Jesus is needed? Wouldnt it be better if everyone was judged by their actions not by their faith in Jesus?” - those were his words and to be frank, I didnt know how to answer properly.

IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME WITH SOME EXPLANATIONS, I’d be very flattered!
welcome to CC sis..

Your questions probably have many answers I will try to give mine

1. Jesus is his english name, One does nto have to know him as jesus to be saved
2. The HS is at work in all the world. There may be some who have not heard the gospel from human mouths, but have heard it through God and have placed their faith in God to save them, I do believe they will be saved
3. For people who have heard the gospel and said no. Whether they heard it from human voices or the voice of God. They are lost forever.

God is a just God. If he finds a person in a remote place who is positive to his calling, He will send someone their way (missionaries have spoken of this often, that when they got to their place. The people were told they were comming) but sometimes there might not be time, or a way before these people die. I do believe these people will be saved. Even though they never heard of Jesus.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I believe this is one of those grey areas that the Bible doesnt directly adress. Much like someone who dies right after they are born, or what happens to handicapped people (mentally)

My answer is always the same: GOD KNOWS BEST and shall not the judge of all the earth do right?

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Good evening my beloved brothers and sisters, I just created an account on this website due to some questions that have intrigued me. The main one at the moment is about salvation.

Here we go, the bible makes it clear that we can only be saved through Jesus Christ. I was recently discussing with a friend and he replied to that questionating: “So will people that have never heard about Jesus go to hell?” - My answer was “no” because God is just then he replied saying “So if some people can be saved without having faith in Jesus, how come Jesus is needed? Wouldnt it be better if everyone was judged by their actions not by their faith in Jesus?” - those were his words and to be frank, I didnt know how to answer properly.

Without "faith?" It is impossible to please God.
And seeings how God views "actions/works?" As nothing more then filthy rags in His eyes? What kind of "judgement" would your friend expect?
Let's see. No faith? Actions=Filthy Rags? :unsure:

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Let us carefully ponder...God's grace and mercy. One that has a mental handicap, the mind
being absent of conventional normal rationality to perceive the concept of God... but still some
have a 'meek and humble' expression of love, that surpasses our understanding...perhaps some
are allowed God's mercy and grace to behold without being a nuisance to 'worldly persons'...
never doubt God's wisdom, for is it not beyond our understanding. Does not 'the meek and downtrodden
shall inherit the earth'...presents a Profound Significance that has purpose in a restless world!
Is it not being witnessed for ALL TO SEE...mankind has fragmented the soul. Is it to be 'perceived'
that it is to be so easy to enter unto God's realm of being granted an eternal happening! Does not
'salvation' ...among other profound requirements, warrant a CLOSE SCRUTINY of our role, of conducting
our life here in the NOW."
'Praise God'

Attachments

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017

Good question – I’d like to know as well. How is a person to be judged by God if that person;
  • has never heard of Christ ?
  • or only heard of Him in passing but has not had anyone witness to him.
These people have not had the choice to 'reject' Christ....

All are born in sin and condemned.
If they do not savingly hear the gospel they will live,die, and go to hell justly for their sins

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
God is good all of the time. He is Love;He is perfect. We are not given to put Him on trieal. That was already done once, 2000 years ago.....

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
I have always had an affinity for the American Indians of old. I think your question would apply to those early inhabitants of the Americas as to the Amazonians. I spent a good deal of time researching beliefs and the religions of those early Indians. I found a book written by an Englishman and his wife that contains many interviews and quotations from many “old” surviving Indians and Chiefs still alive in the 1800’s.

In summation, there were good, bad and ugly Indians, just as there are in any branch of humanity. The most noble ones had a view of the “Great Spirit” that would rival the most devout Christian life.

One story from the book tells of a missionary who stopped an old Indian driving his buckboard and horses through a small town on a Sunday. “He stopped the Indian and rebuked him for driving his team and wagon on a Sunday. The Indian looked puzzled, as he was merely minding his own business and caring for his family. The missionary reiterated that this was the Lord’s Day. At last a light dawned on the Indian. He glanced up with a gleam in his eye and said, “Oh, I see. Your God comes only one day a week; my God is with me every day and all the time.”

There were tribes whose lives and beliefs would shame mainstream Christians, and likewise there were tribes that were in league with Satan, all without a Bible.

“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.
God is perfect and just, simply trust in that.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018

Good question – I’d like to know as well. How is a person to be judged by God if that person;
  • has never heard of Christ ?
  • or only heard of Him in passing but has not had anyone witness to him.
These people have not had the choice to 'reject' Christ....

I think God, because he sees everything thats going on with His creation and knows peoples hearts and answers prayer and sends people to witness about Him will find a way to reach everyone before they person dies, after all Jesus is interceding for us 24/7 from Heaven. You dont know how God will reach out to someone because we cant say someones never heard of Christ on all the days they've lived on earth surely.

Someone else has posted on NDE and sometimes those experiences, even dreams are ways God can reach people who up to then hadnt heard. The thing is satan does blind peoples eyes and ears to the gospel so that people dont have a choice and thats darkness christians pray to overcome by shining that light.

Besides anyone whos ever seen a sunset or the glories of nature or looked up at the stars will see Christ written in them. The heavens declare His glory.

Mar 28, 2016

Truth is according to the law of God people that have never heard about Jesus do go to or experience hell? (Hell must be defined).
People cannot be saved without having the faith of Christ, the faith we have in Christ.

If anyone was judged by thier actions they would find they fall short of the glory of God .That glory came when Christ said it is finished the promised glory, their graves were opened and they entered the new heavenly city prepared as the bride of Christ.

A person who never hears or see the law of God will perish without the book of the law ( prophecy) As many that sin in that law shall be judged by it.

Romans 2:12For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

The law reveals the giver of mercy .Those who do not hear it do not hear the God of mercy.

May 1, 2019

Greetings Sarah,

May I please ask you to give me your understanding of Luke 19:1-10?

May 8, 2019
I cry for those who are lost and walking down the path of destruction. I can’t even imagine how our heavenly Father feels when He sees His own children that He’s created with His own hands rejecting Him and disobeying Him. It’s heart breaking. I continue to pray for the lost. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽😢 ..I thank you Yeshua Jesus for being my lord and savior. Thank you for saving me and all of your other sheep who follow you and hear your voice. Bless those who are lost and confused Father and touch their hearts. Please Father forgive them and bring peace and hope into their lives and let them know how much you love them. Fill them with your love and Holy Spirit, Father. Guide them and direct them in all of their paths and save them, being their shield and protecting them from the enemy. In Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen 🙏🏽

May 1, 2019
I cry for those who are lost and walking down the path of destruction. I can’t even imagine how our heavenly Father feels when He sees His own children that He’s created with His own hands rejecting Him and disobeying Him. It’s heart breaking. I continue to pray for the lost. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽😢 ..I thank you Yeshua Jesus for being my lord and savior. Thank you for saving me and all of your other sheep who follow you and hear your voice. Bless those who are lost and confused Father and touch their hearts. Please Father forgive them and bring peace and hope into their lives and let them know how much you love them. Fill them with your love and Holy Spirit, Father. Guide them and direct them in all of their paths and save them, being their shield and protecting them from the enemy. In Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen 🙏🏽
Lovely prayer.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

Doesn't answer the question. What if someone asks me on the way to the airport before i get there about those poor amazonians.

2 Peter 3:9) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Gods longsuffering towards the world is to assure that ALL have been made known of Him, and of Jesus the Christ. There are few, very few places in the world today where Gods Word has not been preached/shared.

The people of the Amazon have heard the Word of God. Do a "search" on it and you may be surprised to see just how many people have gone there to witness to the peoples there.

Even in the most oppressive of Countries, the Word of God is being preached/taught. China is one place where the Church is growing quite well.

Folks can come up with a scenario to try and trip up the Word of God, but they do so at their own peril. Gods Word is quite Clear. As others have said here:

There is only ONE WAY to Heaven/Eternal Life, and that is through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Any trying to enter in another way will fail, and fall into everlasting darkness.