Succinctly = a life's purpose driven to love renders a greater capacity to love...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
It's lengthy, but from my heart to yours...

Succinctly = a life's purpose driven to love renders a greater capacity to love...

The unabridged version =

Today, I walk humbly and a bit trepidatiously to the facebook mic, lol. I want to address a topic that makes folks uncomfy. Why am I choosing to even address a topic that I am uncomfortable with, that others too often resist? Because, I think this topic needs my examining. I don't want to be wishy washy in my belief, or to only dig into that which tickles my feel good emotions and thoughts without acknowledging and accepting the work that reeps yummy delicious fruits.

I want to abide in Him, to agree with Him, to surrender to Him. 1 John is all about this particular endeavor and what it takes.

This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.1 John 1:5‭-‬10

So we need to acknowledge our tendency to sin, but also realize in Him, who sins not, we have freedom from that sin when we repent fully. How do we know we repent "fully". I think we recognize an increasing desire to change our behavior, our words, our thoughts, our emotions, to avoid quenching or grieving the Holy Spirit. The transforming work that I am speaking of is His, but the responsibility to surrender to His Will is ours.

Abiding in Him not only empowers our resolve to follow Him, but also brings us to a visceral state of yearning to please him. The more we dwell in Him, the more we take on His nature. In Him, we have the powers and the sweetness His yoke brings.

So what does not sinning look like exactly? How can we make this simple, practical and applicable. I believe He is quite clear, walking with integrity and justice is simply walking with humility, with love and mercy. When we believe in the ultimate sacrifice given in Love, there is a transformation in love. Our hearts are effectually softened.

You see this is not a self righteous striving for sinless perfection, nor am I suggesting a hyper grace mentality. His atonement reaches and grabs a hold, healing, providing, and motivating. Pledging our allegiance to the Kingdom of God requires accepting the leadership and righteousness that comes with Him.

If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone also who practices righteousness is born of Him. 1 John 2:29

How do we practice righteousness?

Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 1 John 4:11‭-‬13

He wants from our devotion to Him and His Spirit which is rooted in truth and love. Have you ever noticed that the ten commandments all revolve around loving Him and others, in all ways, that adhering to any and all commandments centers around a sincere Love of one another? I do. A life's purpose driven to love renders a greater capacity to love. When our love falls short, and it will, His love fortifies our love, enabling growth and more enriched love to overflow.

You want a blessed life, a profitable life, an effectual purpose in life? You want to dwell in a place where you can truly make a difference?

I suggest you try the Kingdom of God, where every citizen is filled with love for one another, where everyone has the best interest of their King and others in their hearts and minds, Where everyone reaches for unity in Him.

Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16

Well, I love you and yours and thank you for reading. I know it was long.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
Romans 5:5