Sucide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Wendy's has a sale on fries this week, any size for $1. Of course, I am trending towards a supersize. Maybe I'll score a frosty too. Those go on sale all of the time. For the record I am down with Whoppers from Burger King too. Their fries are lame though.

What made you decide what is the difference of taking early of ones life?

Just curious….

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Habitual speeding is a sin.............not obeying the Laws of Caesar for the Glory of God.......and people die from it......so, in essence, they killed themselves........

These comparisons are "relative" at best, and really do not advance the serious discussion concerning suicide in my opinion.

just saying

Oct 25, 2018
There are a few things in life that I have given much consideration to, and came to the conclusion that the Yea or Nay of them is best left up to God.

This is one of those things,
I agree with this my friend. Well stated.

Oct 25, 2018
Habitual speeding is a sin.............not obeying the Laws of Caesar for the Glory of God.......and people die from it......so, in essence, they killed themselves........

These comparisons are "relative" at best, and really do not advance the serious discussion concerning suicide in my opinion.

just saying
All I am is saying there are numerous ways people take their own lives without using a gun, rope, razor, meds, car in garage, etc.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I know, but when trying to compare it to suicide, THE KEY IDENTIFIER must be "INTENT."

It makes a huge difference, and I believe God weighs and measures our intent.......our hearts intent......

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Really everyone here has made valid points. I would like to post on what the contemplator is thinking and may be feeling.

Unless you have been in that deep, dark, seemingly inescapable pit, there is no way for a sane, rational person to understand.

I also believe you cannot get out of that pit on your own, without the Lord.

My heart aches for those in that pit of despair, hopelessness, pain, and extreme apathy.

We just need to pray for them and love them. However I have known several, where they were showered with love and prayed for, yet the sickness in their mind, combined with the enemy, took them.

If the op is at all considering it, I'd ask you to please not. The Lord CAN get you out of that hole. Just hang on. Be blessed.

rlm68

Jul 23, 2018
I have wondered, when someone finds them self in the midst of sanity and confusion that ultimately leads to a decision of suicide.
If should a moment of rationalism and reason take place and they quickly seek God's forgiveness, would God grant that?
My faith in God tells me, yes.
But it is such a slippery slope, it also makes me believe it is wishful thinking, on my behalf.

I feel fortunate to have not actually ever considered doing such a thing as suicide. But nonetheless, I have friends who deal with depression, and they claim to entertain it all of the time. It must be a horrible existence to continually think about ending your own life :(

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I would like to have heard more from the OP myself.........

Oct 25, 2018
I know, but when trying to compare it to suicide, THE KEY IDENTIFIER must be "INTENT."

It makes a huge difference, and I believe God weighs and measures our intent.......our hearts intent......
My former pastor went through cancer a few times. He had it the last time and his feet turned blue when he started chemo. He stopped taking it and decided to let it run its course. How is that different than taking a gun? A handful of pills? Hanging one’s self?

He took it upon himself to stop living. He was ready to go and I believe he was ready to go and is now resting with the Lord.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
My former pastor went through cancer a few times. He had it the last time and his feet turned blue when he started chemo. He stopped taking it and decided to let it run its course. How is that different than taking a gun? A handful of pills? Hanging one’s self?

He took it upon himself to stop living. He was ready to go and I believe he was ready to go and is now resting with the Lord.
there is a big difference...........in the Pastors case, and I'm sure folks were praying, God COULD have healed him.

with suicide, the person takes any action by God out of the picture........

Do Not Resuscitate Order/Option in Health Care is not the same as suicide............it is placing ones life in Gods hands completely! Not taking it out of Gods hands completely........

BIG DIFFERENCE

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
A bigger quandary for me is deciding on burial or cremation. I have discussed it here on CC several times, and still can not decide which of the two is best.......Biblicaly speaking

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Broken people are willing to kill themselves. not selfish people.
been there before. its not a place where u go just because.
I am ashamed that I am in a body where people think suicide is out of a selfish heart. No wonder people reject Christianity more and more.That is utterly disgusting and inhumane. I highly doubt Jesus would answer like that

People who think about suicide need love and someone that is there for them. They think no one and nothing in the world cares for them or will take just a moment to hear them. Its a heart and soul screaming for help and noone wants to hear them.

I can just pray that people find a reason to live like I have

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Personally, I think only He knows our hearts. Of course suicide is a sin, because it is outside His will, right? I reckon there are so many extenuating circumstances, though, that might lead one down such a path. Let's say one is a rooted in saint, fully confessed and completely trusting in the blood of Christ and in Christ now living, but he or she has a intense tribulation like Job faced but he or she loses his or her way all the way to self inflicted death. Would that be a damnable offense? Maybe, but I don't think so. I just have no way of knowing. Or what If someone is mentally ill and or broken, are they as culpable as the one who just takes their life recklessly for what seems like no reason? To the one who did such a thing would, in their minds, of course have their reasons. Again, so hard to say or to know. I do know my Lord is merciful. I think He takes their hearts into consideration.

So is it a sin, yes
An unpardonable one, that is a call I can not make. I think, like with the rest of us saints who sin, He knows who are truly His. I don't know, though. I am speculating which is something I think we here are all doing.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Do some say it is murder? Or do they just say is wrong/sin?
Suicide is both self-murder and a sin. It is extremely tragic that so many are resorting to suicide. There is also a strong probability that demons instigate suicide, just as they instigate other heinous crimes. And then we have murders (quite recently) being made to look like suicide.

K

Karraster

What do you think of suicide?
Hi there, wish you would chime in, let us know more about your question. We are all in a war whether we know it or not, and the battlefield is our minds. Comrades are comforting. We need to learn how to lock our shields together, this is Biblical I can show you.

Have you read about the Shunammite woman? (2 Kings 4:8-37) That woman was called great, she was able to say "it is well", when in fact her beloved son had just died. It was her great faith, her belief in Almighty and the man of God (Elisha), that she could align her thoughts and words with the promise from God by the mouth of Elisha. Essentially she was side by side with Elisha, doing battle against the adversary.

Is it well with you friend?

Oct 26, 2018
I believe it’s a very self centered act. I do think it is forgivable but imagine it’s a slap in the face to God who created us. I think it’s a mental illness.

Oct 26, 2018
I think also that for some it’s a reaction to a immediate situation and others it’s a reaction to a on going situation. On the latter in the Bible it talks about the possibility of the sins of our fathers and how that carries on to future generations coupled with the hardening of hearts. I believe in free will, but both of these situations have been said in the Bible and find it very confusing. Feel like the deck can be stacked against some people and in turn not have the options.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I believe it’s a very self centered act. I do think it is forgivable but imagine it’s a slap in the face to God who created us. I think it’s a mental illness.
This is a confusing post.

On the one hand you say it is selfish, and certainly in a fraction of cases that may be true. Like the guy who shoots a bunch of people then kills himself.

Then on the other hand you say it is an illness, which I believe is true for the vast number of people who do it or attempt it.

So if it's an illness, one that affects decision making in the mind, how can there be anything but empathy for them?