Sucide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
Suicide is not an unforgiveable sin. If one is not a believer in Christ and commits suicide then they live an eternity separated from God. If one is a believer in Christ and commits suicide, they go to be with Christ.

Suicide is murder. It is a sin. But all of the sins of the believer have been paid for, including his last one. It is because he is in Christ that he goes to heaven. Not whether or not he commits suicide. He can't repent of it as he is no longer on earth. He is with the Lord. He receives the forgiveness of Christ because all his sins are paid for and is now home with the Lord. No doubt a loss of reward but no loss of salvation.

Selfish is certainly not the word to describe one who commits suicide. Suffering is. The first thought on one's mind when someone close to them takes their life is sorrow for where that person must have been to do that. Regret, wishing you had understood more and been there.

Quantrill

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I believe it’s a very self centered act. I do think it is forgivable but imagine it’s a slap in the face to God who created us. I think it’s a mental illness.
Yes like other sins it is forgivable through the atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ..

Dec 12, 2013
What do you think of suicide?
Geeze.......I stand amazed at some of these answers......first it is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.....second......it is NOT ALWAYS SIN....

Does God promote sin?
Will God grant a request that leads to sin?

Samson asked for his strength back to do two things...

A. Kill himself
B. Avenge himself on the Philistines

God granted his request and he did both by pulling the pillars down which caused their temple to not only crush and kill him, but also killed 7000 Philistine Lords in the process....

Let's not mention all the men who have bailed off on a grenade to save their fellow soldiers or those who took a bullet or...................

What about SAUL falling on his own sword to keep the Philistines from making sport with him......

What about.......................

There is not a person ALIVE that will die without some forgotten unconfessed sin......only those who don't really trust JESUS play this card even though my bible states clearly for the believer WHERE SIN ABOUNDS GRACE ABOUNDS THE MORE!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
my best friend offed himself earlier this year.
i believe he thought he was doing everyone a favor, that by taking this action he was doing the most unselfish thing he could do. he made ((and hid)) careful plans not to leave a mess or any estate to deal with.

we ought all to know quite well by now that how we see something and how another person sees something can be wildly different.

what i believe ultimately drove his decision was an extreme ((and wrong)) interpretation of 'if thine right eye offend thee, pluck it out' in the midst of depression over struggles with sins he was trapped in. his whole body and mind was an offense to him, and try as he may he found he could not overcome his flesh. this is of course a vastly oversimplified recount, but i knew him very well and believe its a fairly accurate representation.

what i mean to point out is that we should not judge. a person who considers or carries through with this action is not thinking in the same way most of you do, tho some of you do comprehend this because you have experienced it yourself.

i have this question: does God judge the madman according to the standard of the sane?

He constrained all under sin that He might show mercy to all, amen :)

Dec 28, 2016
So if it's an illness, one that affects decision making in the mind, how can there be anything but empathy for them?
How? Because there is such a mix of emotions involved after the fact. The people they've hurt for their act is a huge issue, the pain is to some almost unbearable. Unfortunately, I've known a few people who have done this.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
How? Because there is such a mix of emotions involved after the fact. The people they've hurt for their act is a huge issue, the pain is to some almost unbearable. Unfortunately, I've known a few people who have done this.
Most realize the hurt it will cause their loved ones. It shows the darkness of the place where they are at to do it anyway.

Quantrill

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
But gluttony is a sin. Pigging out is a sin. I agree with your post, but if someone dies from not stopping their pigging out, they, in essence, killed the,selves.

I know some ppl who have thyroid problems, too.
Is gluttony a sin or is it just an unwise practice for health reasons and possibly financial ones as well? Paul writes that all things were lawful for him but not all things were profitable. I suppose it takes wisdom and discernment to distinguish between the two. As far as suicide is concerned, is it really the murder of oneself or a desperate attempt to end pain and anguish? Fortunately, God understands the human condition full well and takes into account all matters.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Yes. I believe the pain that results by suicide does not go away with their death, but is transferred onto those that love them. And it IS a sin. But we live in a fallen, broken world. Even the NEW heart of the new creation of the born again, temporarily inhabits our bodies of death.

I do not mean to excuse the action, but to give comfort to those that have that pain transferred to. In most cases, the broken, hurtful, sick mind, has no intent to hurt others, although I certainly recognize that it does.

These people are in deep, dark holes. Some are very mentally sick. Others are demonically tortured. True hopelessness is THE worst affliction a human being can have. People CANNOT survive without hope. At least the hope that some day, it is going to get better.

Terribly sad. They need our help in giving the hope of Christ.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I'm playing for the late game, here till the bitter end!

Wont take a step back, i'll be here in this world till I cant breathe, battling away. never back. My life isnt worth 50cents anyway, might as well see this till the end.
I believe that God has ALREADY predestinated the amount of days we have on this earth, and when its time, its time! Lets make the best of it, no matter what situation we have in life.
We are made of fighting stuff, grit!

No matter how dark life may seem, dont take the easy way out! Thats the devil telling you to do that, if you are considering it! You can overcome depression. Fight back at all times. Go lift weights, go take a walk, listen to uplifting music.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I find this a great post... And very interesting…. The 10 Commandments say thou shall not murder…. Is suicide murder?

I am a Torah thumper... FYI....
Sorry to post off-topic, but do you still believe circumcision is obligated on people under the NT? Do you believe that the tzit'tzit are required today?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I come from the mean streets, therefore I know many people and have family members who have offed themselves. Extremely sad situation, and its hard to convince them otherwise, and usually the ones who do it, dont talk about it. The ones that always talk about it, never do it.

I have had thoughts like that too in the past, but I never went through with it, this was before I even knew anything about christianity. What prevented me from going through was fear and most importantly; I felt like I didn't wanna let "THEM" win. Who is "them"? People I thought didn't like me, or despised me, or disrespected me, I always felt like if I go ahead with it, they win and I didn't wanna give them the satisfaction and victory of that. (I know, im a weird cat).

I also believe that its a SIN, but because of the example of SAMSON in the Bible and other examples brother dcon provided I believe its not teh unforgivable sin as SOME SAY (with no biblical basis btw, i dont know WHERE people got that idea from, its weird)

Nov 11, 2018
What do you think of suicide?
I think we're missing something important in this subject. Frequency.
Mobile/Cell phone towers are springing up everywhere and I have grave concerns about their proximity to houses and peoples lives. Not to mention people holding mobile devices to their head for hours each day. Young children included.
As somewhat familiar with this technology and how it was weaponized long ago. I can tell you that millions of people were experimented upon. Physical - emotional and mental illness were created by microwave devices and the consequences tracked in the medical field.
Before we judge others actions. We may ponder what we don't know about the reality around us. And just how merciful God is. I mean - there are only 10 commandments. It's not complicated. Jesus Christ made it even simpler.

Nov 11, 2018
The increasing levels of suicide among young people. I know that over exposure to microwave pulse radiation causes suicidal thoughts and thoughts of self harm in young people. Most young people are bombarded with microwave radiation from wifi at home or school - phone calls they receive and make. This is part of the "silent weapons for quiet wars" from the satanic cabal in this world. Which explains a great deal; but people haven't made the association between the two. YET.
As time goes on - moves on - the armor of faith is the greatest and truly protective "vaccine" anyone can have. Will God condemn a lonely young kid perhaps struggling with being gay to hell - who commits suicide? I don't understand how people can be so sure that would be God's verdict on that soul.
"all flesh was corrupted" - and it's happening again. Radiation in the environment is causing random - permanent damage to human genetics.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The increasing levels of suicide among young people. I know that over exposure to microwave pulse radiation causes suicidal thoughts and thoughts of self harm in young people. Most young people are bombarded with microwave radiation from wifi at home or school - phone calls they receive and make. This is part of the "silent weapons for quiet wars" from the satanic cabal in this world. Which explains a great deal; but people haven't made the association between the two. YET.
As time goes on - moves on - the armor of faith is the greatest and truly protective "vaccine" anyone can have. Will God condemn a lonely young kid perhaps struggling with being gay to hell - who commits suicide? I don't understand how people can be so sure that would be God's verdict on that soul.
"all flesh was corrupted" - and it's happening again. Radiation in the environment is causing random - permanent damage to human genetics.
Do you have an article, or website or video that codifies that wifi, cell, and microwave tech does these things?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
What about those who are terminally ill and decide to stop taking their meds intentionally? If they took them, they could live longer, but chose not to take them. They, in essence, took their own lives.
You make a valid point, in essence most people take their own lives as a result of choices made through many years which may shorten their life, even if only for a day. Smoking is a good example, as it kills you by small degrees each day that accumulate and the probability that you will have a shorten life is likely with the serious health issues that may result. It is a form of ethical suicide. Overeating is another example that can lead to serious health issues that may shorten your life. Driving too fast is another example of possible bad unintended consequences that results from a choice that was made. Some people suffer from depression and anxiety which can also shorten one's life as day to day living can become intolerable and the body starts shutting down.

Nov 11, 2018
Do you have an article, or website or video that codifies that wifi, cell, and microwave tech does these things?
Oh...there are hundreds of sources freely available now. But what studies do you want to believe - the ones published by government and industry bias - or those by people and groups who actually worked in the "industry" or are fully independent? Or those who are now sick and and dying as a result of microwave radiation sources.
Dr. Barry Trower worked for the "ministry of defence" in the uk and is a published author. His book: "the cooking of humanity" is a must read. He is also a legal witness in the growing number of litigation cases regarding the microwave towers (cell phone/mobile phone 5G/4g).
Dr. Lennart Hardell & Uk government advisor sir William Stewart (uk national radiological protection board) recanted his former 2004 findings that the microwave pulse towers (cell phone towers or wifi transmitters); were safe. Although at the time; Stewart acknowledged in 2004 that NO long term epidemiological studies were available to guarantee safety - in 2006 - he changed his mind completely. In 2005 the UK government adviser on the subject stated:
"If there are risks - and we think that maybe there are - then the people who are going to be most affected are children, and the younger the children, the greater the danger."
I have dozens and dozens of confirmed findings by people of integrity and independence. But you can also find industry reports that lie about the safety of this technology. It is now the most profitable industry on the planet - so go figure !
I also can confirm the dramatic increase in glioblastoma multiforme in western nations - but I have reports that state the true figures are MUCH higher. And younger and younger people are now presenting to neurologists with this type of brain cancer that is specifically related to microwave radiation.
Pruit Igoe (in the US); was built specifically to experiment on innocent people for decades in frequency and telematics (the science of frequency effects on human health and behavior). 33 building units - each 11 storeys high. Located in St Louis - Misouri.
As a christian. I know the importance of truth and knowledge. As Jesus Christ said: "the truth shall set you free." I don't deal in ambiguous data and nor would i needlessly concern or worry parents and others. We have to face this. And that takes courage. For the sake of others - we can't just turn away because this subject raises so many questions.
It is my duty and calling and of others - to bring this subject into the light. As Jesus Christ brought the truth and light into this world and not darkness/secrecy and deliberate lies and deception. It's no exaggeration to state that smoking is going to be a drop in the ocean compared to the full implications of microwave radiation upon the human child. And I now believe - deliberately and designed to do so by satan and the fallen and their human helpers in this sad world. So - we all have important choices to make now.
I should add - talking to ordinary people about this subject - I have been amazed at what they have told me and my work is growing in this endeavor of truth.

Nov 11, 2018
Geeze.......I stand amazed at some of these answers......first it is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.....second......it is NOT ALWAYS SIN....

Does God promote sin?
Will God grant a request that leads to sin?

Samson asked for his strength back to do two things...

A. Kill himself
B. Avenge himself on the Philistines

God granted his request and he did both by pulling the pillars down which caused their temple to not only crush and kill him, but also killed 7000 Philistine Lords in the process....

Let's not mention all the men who have bailed off on a grenade to save their fellow soldiers or those who took a bullet or...................

What about SAUL falling on his own sword to keep the Philistines from making sport with him......

What about.......................

There is not a person ALIVE that will die without some forgotten unconfessed sin......only those who don't really trust JESUS play this card even though my bible states clearly for the believer WHERE SIN ABOUNDS GRACE ABOUNDS THE MORE!
Wow. Your answer is both moving and rings true. And thank you for your faith and its obvious force in your life.

Nov 11, 2018
As someone who has walked this path in my own life. I can tell you that I was so ill - that I truly believed those around me would be better without me. It wasn't self pity or emotional indulgence - I really believed that to be the case. I know from others - that this is a common thread.
If we fall prey to this world. There's only one that can judge us. People sure as heck can't and nor should they speak on matters they have no direct experience of. You can only do damage and cause further pain when you haven't walked that road and simply make presumptions/assumptions. In my opinion.

Dec 12, 2013
Wow. Your answer is both moving and rings true. And thank you for your faith and its obvious force in your life.
AMEN....and thanks migo........love the truth that sets me free from the rigmarole religious handcuffs of men.....