Sucide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Locoponydirtman

Not coming down on either side........but, from talking with some who do believe it can not be forgiven......their reasoning is:

If a person is successful in killing themselves, AND IT IS A SIN, how exactly can they repent and ask for forgiveness?

Now, just thinking about it, they do have a point...........

I would ask what is the difference between a person killing themselves or someone else? The taking of a life is pretty much covered in the 10 Commandments is it not? Oh, that's right, I forgot, some here don't believe the 10 Commandments are in force anymore.....sorry, ignore that part
If someone is run over by a car on accident, and are angry with out a cause and die they can't repent of that either. If a person is shot by an arrow in the face and scream a profane word before they die I'm agony they also die with unrepented sin. If they are in a plane crash and gripped by fear and die they die with unrepented sin.
Does one lose his salvation the moment he sins and regain it the moment he repents? What a fearful prospect. If one dies in a car wreck and was speeding during that accident, unrepented sin ... Doomed.
Likely we will all die with some unrepented sin, are we doomed and condemned? It must be a horrific life utterly afraid that one may slip off into death during his sleep having some unrepented sin I'm his life, even unbeknownst to him. Was that thing I said the absolute unfaltering truth or did I get a factiod wrong? Being a Christian is an utter dread in that case. Unable to move paralized by the idea that oneay sin and then die immediately after and go to eternal hell because one unknown unrepented sin.

Nov 11, 2018
yes. I couldn't agree more with you. Its inspiring to me and your response gives me a better view of things. I don't understand it all - but what you said struck a chord with me. There's not a lot of love out there is there? Seems to vanishing by the day. But I think that's part of God's plan to. Hold on tight. :))

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Not coming down on either side........but, from talking with some who do believe it can not be forgiven......their reasoning is:

If a person is successful in killing themselves, AND IT IS A SIN, how exactly can they repent and ask for forgiveness?

Now, just thinking about it, they do have a point...........

I would ask what is the difference between a person killing themselves or someone else? The taking of a life is pretty much covered in the 10 Commandments is it not? Oh, that's right, I forgot, some here don't believe the 10 Commandments are in force anymore.....sorry, ignore that part
That is the beauty of eternal salvation by grace and Christ's death on the cross, Those that Christ was a sacrifice for their sins, even if they die before repenting of a sin, that sin is already washed clean on the cross.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
What do you think of suicide?
Special circumstances aside, such as severe mental illness to the point one does not understand what they are doing, it is self-murder, and murderers will not enter heaven.

Aug 12, 2013
Special circumstances aside, such as severe mental illness to the point one does not understand what they are doing, it is self-murder, and murderers will not enter heaven.
I don't agree. Salvation is eternal. We may not have killed anyone or been suicidal at the time for saved, but years down the road that may come to our thoughts and actions. Scripture says NOTHING can separate A Christian from God. And that means "nothing."

Where you say murderers will not enter heaven, I'm sure you're talking about that verse that also mentions homosexuals, drunkards, etc. Right? Perhaps you have misunderstood that verse or even Salvation. You don't lose salvation. People have been saved and committed suicide, and I believe it isn't what the Lord wanted, but I don't think he'd just pull the holy spirit right out of them and plop them in hell when he had already died on the cross, took the wrath, paid their debt and became God's adopted child. That's saying just because this person has killed themself, God suddenly abandons them and takes back his offer the person once accepted and God goes back on his word promising them they were sealed, saved, made as a new creature, just because of murder.

Have you forgotten when we are saved, God has forgiven all our sins, past present and future? That person's sin for murdering themselves were already forgiven before it happened if they were saved.

I don't believe anything will separate a Christian from God, if murder did, so would stealing, lying, seeing a naked picture and lusting, any sin would be the same for all sins are equal.

When the Bible says murderers won't inherit the kingdom of heaven, I believe that's saying someone who keeps pursuing to murder and doesn't repent and turn to the Lord. Same with any other sins. Not just someone who did it once and because it ended their life it was a big deal than their other sins. Paul the apostle murdered others, so he was a murderer, yet isn't he in heaven? Why? He stopped pursuing it and turned to God. But that wasn't suicide. But we don't have to repent over and over, though we would, to be saved over and over. A Christian will keep repenting, but I'm saying after your first repentance to the Lord for forgiveness, he forgave every sin, not just that particular one or few you apologized for at that moment. So though that person killing themself doesn't have the chance to come back and repent, if they ever truly repented and gave their life to Christ, then that sin was already forgiven.