Summary of Bible references on the Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
"It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge." Adolf Hitler

The biggest threat to the Dictators is not guns, it is the gospel of Jesus Christ. If people live according to their conscience you can't buy them, you can't threaten them. The 1% is greatly outnumbered by the 99%. They need us, we don't need them. Do you think anyone missed the Baker, or how about the Israelites that left Egypt, did they miss the Pharaoh, or what about Esther, did she miss Haman? They need the slaves to do the work. They don't need all of them, they don't mind killing a few thousand in a OKC bombing or a NYC attack, or even a global pandemic. The bottom line is that when Israel left Egypt it was a far bigger loss for Egypt than it was for the Israelites.

Other than Israel who has ever had the nerve to stand up to tyrannical rule? Gandhi did, but that was based on the word of God. Martin Luther King Jr. did but that also was based on the word of God. Muhammad Ali did but that was based on a man listening to his conscience despite the cost.

This is what scares tyrants, the gospel, the Spirit, the word of God, people walking according to their conscience. This is why Hitler said that world history boiled down to a battle between Hitler's henchmen and the Jews and that everything else was facade.

“The struggle for world domination will be fought entirely between us, between Germans and Jews. All else is facade and illusion. Behind England stands Israel, and behind France, and behind the United States. Even when we have driven the Jew out of Germany, he remains our world enemy" Adolf Hitler

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The end of the Age

AI is just as big a fulfillment of prophecy as Israel being reformed as a nation

When you put fallen mankind in control of this much power it is a dangerous thing.

When you see these things take place look up for your redemption draweth near

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

3 Escapes in the Gospels

Luke -- pray that you might escape in the pre-tribulation rapture

Mark -- word to those who were left behind and not worthy of escape

John -- Jesus escapes again during Hanukkah

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Another prophecy concerning an attack from Russia

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

This is a shot across the bow. If our satellites are knocked out we won't know if it is intentional or not

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
While the US is still consumed with a debate over Trump v Biden with a full out assault on Biden's poll numbers and legitimacy and a challenge to the election submitted to the Supreme court yesterday, at the same time the US military is massed on the border of Russia with Ukraine. If Russia were massed in Cuba we would be totally alarmed. Russia blows up a satellite on Monday which could easily take out our satellites with the debris or could cause us to be confused if our satellites were taken out if it was an attack or simply due to debris. Today we see Russia massing for an attack. Meanwhile all the prophecies say that the US is the great Babylon and the destruction will come in a single hour from "the North" which could clearly be a reference to Russia firing missiles over the North pole.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony

This is the goal of tribulation, to get us to repent of our sins, turn to the Lord and seek Him.

What sins? Well first and foremost we have been charged to be a witness of the Lord. Have you been witnessing? Have you shared your testimony?

In my own experience I felt compelled to share and yet it seemed to me I had such a meager testimony, almost nothing. Yet I couldn't deny I did have something, it just seemed so small and compared to others of very little value. Yet the story of the steward that the Lord was about to fire hit me hard. I was convicted, I felt I was that steward who was not faithful to the Lord. He had given me something and it was my responsibility to share it with others. So I did. That was in 1979. It was amazing how much the Lord has supplied, multiplied since that time. Rivers of living water flowing out of our innermost being. Hang onto the Lord, hang onto His blood, and even though the accuser of the brethren is attacking us we can fight back by sharing our testimony, by speaking for the Lord.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
2Samuel 19:1-8 -- Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation

Paul writes, "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death" (2 Corinthians 7:10).

1 Joab was told, “The king is weeping and mourning for Absalom.” 2 And for the whole army the victory that day was turned into mourning, because on that day the troops heard it said, “The king is grieving for his son.” 3 The men stole into the city that day as men steal in who are ashamed when they flee from battle. 4 The king covered his face and cried aloud, “O my son Absalom! O Absalom, my son, my son!” 5 Then Joab went into the house to the king and said, “Today you have humiliated all your men, who have just saved your life and the lives of your sons and daughters and the lives of your wives and concubines. 6 You love those who hate you and hate those who love you. You have made it clear today that the commanders and their men mean nothing to you. I see that you would be pleased if Absalom were alive today and all of us were dead. 7 Now go out and encourage your men. I swear by the Lord that if you don’t go out, not a man will be left with you by nightfall. This will be worse for you than all the calamities that have come on you from your youth till now.” 8 So the king got up and took his seat in the gateway. When the men were told, “The king is sitting in the gateway,” they all came before him. Meanwhile, the Israelites had fled to their homes.

The only way we can understand this story is if we lived it. Let’s suppose that this story of King David returning to Jerusalem after an insurrection is our experience. Jesus Christ returns as the conquering King, only problem is that many of the believers, many even of his own family had betrayed Him. To those believers the Lord’s coming is as a thief in the night. It is easy for us to see how that for those who stuck with Him even when He was disgraced and fled Jerusalem would be rejoicing. But, when the Lord returns at the time of the first rapture there will be many believers who are not taken. It will be shameful, it will be something that brings sorrow. If it is a godly sorrow those who are left will repent and prepare to meet the Lord. If, on the other hand it is a worldly sorrow like that of Absalom fleeing from David’s army, then it will lead to death.

Jesus is the greater David. King David is a type of Jesus in His earthly ministry but not in His heavenly ministry. Not everything we did was a shadow of Jesus Christ. This story is a great example. Jesus will be truly sorrowful over the "believers" who betrayed Him and were part of the apostasy. When the Lord returns there will be those who denied His name and did not keep His word. Otherwise it would be pointless to commend those believers who didn't deny His name and did keep His word. This story shows us there will be three types of "believers" at the Lord's return. Those that were faithful to Him, those that were not faithful and went whichever way the wind blowed, and the traitors. The traitors will be routed, defeated, tried, imprisoned, or in some other way dealt with. The jellyfish believers will be ashamed, flee to their homes, and be humiliated, and the faithful ones will be there with the Lord in the gates of Jerusalem. King David here is a shadow of Christianity, there will be a lot of shame, a lot of humiliation, but very quickly they will need to snap out of it and realize that those who were raptured were over the target and become imitators of them as you have them for an example.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Cure for Depression

Tonight I heard a testimony of a sister who says she has been suicidal for many years and has a problem popping pills. She said that she finally came to the realization she needed to forgive others because the unforgiveness was killing her.

In my own experience I at first felt like I had no idea what she is going through but then I remembered back over 40 years ago and I also went through depression, not that serious, but I definitely would have bouts of great depression. I never took pills and I never struggled with unforgiveness, so I would say I had a less severe case of depression. But I think it is because I got the remedy while I was still young. My remedy was very simple. Anyone can try this cure for depression:

I would begin reading the book of Galatians. I would keep reading until it seemed the depression had passed. Sometimes I would get all the way through Ephesians (12 chapters), sometimes if it was really serious I'd get to Colossians, about 20 chapters. But never once did I have to go past Colossians.

I have seen that many people have become depressed, or in a panic, or incredibly sorrowful over the current events this last two years. My response has been completely different, I have used this time to dive into the Bible, spending much more time than usual in the Bible. I have been reading the Bible, listening to messages on Youtube, and in many ways meditating on the word of God. As a result I feel like I am riding on top of the wave rather than being pulled down under by the waves.

One other thing I have learned over the last 40 years. Reading the Bible is like working out at the gym. If you are out of shape 15 minutes might be a lot. As you get more fit you can spend an hour in the word. After that you can spend several hours. It takes time to work up to the point where you can spend 4 hours or more in the word each day.

I have also learned that everyone, regardless of how busy they are can spend two hours a day in the word. My commute to work was 45 minutes, so listening to the Bible on a CD can give you 90 minutes in the word while you commute. You can read a chapter in 5 minutes so even a 5 minute break during work can be redeemed. There are pocket NT's, so it is simple to pull out a NT for a five minute break to read a chapter. When I was in college I would take a five minute break each hour to do that.

If you get home from work and you have already spent 100 minutes in the word, you only need another 20 minutes to get to 2 hours. This is how I dealt with depression. To me depression is like having four flat tires on your car that have slow leaks. You fill them up but the next day they are flat again. But 40 years later hearing about depression will seem totally foreign to you until you slowly recall many years ago...

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Alternate explanation for the vaccine mandates.

He points out that prior to astronomers all over the world seeing this approaching star the governments will have to declare martial law.

Instead of assuming the politicians who are imposing these mandates have lost their mind you should consider the possibility that they haven't lost their mind and are in fact acting quite rationally. He also theorizes that in order to declare martial law nationally you would need a big 911 event, or domestic terrorism event or another pandemic outbreak (small pox or ebola). He published this prior to the pandemic.

O

Oblio

How about weaponized Ebola...that would give them the control they lust after! Or perhaps a limited nuclear engagement! After the fear that would cause, it would be like controlling kittens. Basically, whatever they wanted...as long as they're allowed to, that is.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
How about weaponized Ebola...that would give them the control they lust after! Or perhaps a limited nuclear engagement! After the fear that would cause, it would be like controlling kittens. Basically, whatever they wanted...as long as they're allowed to, that is.
The bottom line is they will declare martial law. Right now the Holy Spirit working through God's people is restraining the lawless one. But when the rapture comes the Holy Spirit will step aside and harpazo those who are working together with the Holy Spirit. At that point the lawlessness will be unrestrained.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
In light of Biden's rule to require vaccine passports to cross State lines it is important to bring this back up.

O

Oblio

The bottom line is they will declare martial law. Right now the Holy Spirit working through God's people is restraining the lawless one. But when the rapture comes the Holy Spirit will step aside and harpazo those who are working together with the Holy Spirit. At that point the lawlessness will be unrestrained.
I won't be looking back!

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I won't be looking back!
There are some prophecies that describe the raptured saints saying that the Lord teaches us to war, and then of course when He does return He comes with myriads of believers.

The battle to bring in the kingdom of heavens to the earth does not end with the rapture, that is more like the beginning of the end.

O

Oblio

I believe this return is talked about in Jude 14, 15 and 1 Enoch 1:9 (R.H. Charles version).

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I am very thankful for the opportunity to post everything on this blog as a warning. I know that we have all been charged to witnesses of the Lord and to warn those on the earth of the coming wrath of God and I know that each of us must respond to this charge in whatever way we can. Each one according to his ability.

When I started I think I had 10 views in the first day and I thought, imagine if 5% of the world are Christians and each of us speak to ten others. That would have a big impact. After a week it was 100 views and it made me feel even better but I also realized that we speak in a corporate ministry. For example, when our pastor speaks there may be ten others in the worship ministry and yet still ten others helping with the video, the sound, and everything else involved. God is faithful to remember our service. So then I thought it is more realistic to think 0.2% of the world's population represents those Christians speaking since it is a corporate speaking and one youtube video could be the product of 25 or more saints. So then when I got to 500 views I got very excited because if the average for this 0.2% is 500 then we literally are sharing the gospel to the whole world.

But then I thought that is unrealistic, probably 90% of those listening are the seeking believers. So then when I got to 5,000 views I got encouraged because again, the word is going out to the whole world.

My point is I would encourage every believer to fill the internet with your testimony, a verse you enjoyed, and to also reshare things you enjoyed. To me resharing a video is like handing out a gospel tract.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The Feast of Dedication = Hanukkah

The only place this is celebrated in the Bible is in the New Testament. The Messiah celebrates Hanukkah. Also it is very predictive of the end days, the tribulation and the Antichrist.

It speaks about something that Daniel prophesied of -- He desecrates the temple and causes the sacrifices to cease.

3 1/2 years is the Daniel prophecy, Hanukkah number, and ties in with Revelation where the woman flees into the desert for 3 1/2 years.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Antiochus declares that all nations must follow this one world religion -- so He stands up to declare one world religion.

One people who just don't fit in just like today evangelical Christians don't fit in. So Antiochus decides he will just wipe out this one people. Destroy the faith of Israel, sets up an image in the Temple and slaughters a pig in the temple. The holy temple becomes a pagan temple.

Then we are going to persecute anyone who believes in the Bible will be killed. Force people to worship the Greek God.

He heads for the hills, given the name Maccabees. They resist. They fast and pray, they are outnumbered but say with God it doesn't matter.

They rededicate the temple, light the lights, and Messiah comes.