Sunday Worship?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
If the sabbath was made for man, and woman was made for man, then it would follow that you must remember the woman and keep her holy.... Finally! I've discovered a doctrine by which I can gather a cult following! :D

Dec 29, 2023
Jesus did keep the sabbath perfectly but He also kept the other 9 commandments perfectly.

And Jesus NEVER taught or instructed anybody to keep Saturday sabbath and neither did His Apostles

If you think He did, where in the NT do we see a scripture that says "and thou shalt keepeth Saturday sabbath"

Where can we find this in the new testament?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
You said Jesus fulfilled the sabbath which means we no longer need to keep it.

Please show me the bible verses that reveal this.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The Sabbath was one of many things that were shadows of things to come which means they would be fulfilled and replaced with something much greater.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The Sabbath was one of many things that were shadows of things to come which means they would be fulfilled and replaced with something much greater.
Now prove this is the weekly sabbath, the 4th commandment, rather then the yearly sabbaths that were shadow laws?.

The sabbath mentioned in this verse apply to the many yearly sabbaths, the reason this is known is because the law contained in ordinances were the shadow laws..

The weekly sabbath was not a shadow law because it was set in place before sin and sanctified before we needed a saviour.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
The 10 commandments are not the handwriting of ordinances.. they are not against us. But the cerimonial laws are nailed to the cross.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Now prove this is the weekly sabbath, the 4th commandment, rather then the yearly sabbaths that were shadow laws?.

Not specifying any particular Sabbath means the verse is addressing all Sabbaths.

The 10 commandments are not the handwriting of ordinances.
Yes they were.

they are not against us.
All the law of the first covenant was.

But the cerimonial laws are nailed to the cross.
The 4th commandment is ceremonial.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
There are seven yearly sabbaths.

For example...
Lev 23:24-25
24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation. 25 Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

"A sabbath"

Lev 23:27-32
27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD. 28 And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God. .......32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

"A sabbath rest"

Lev 23:39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.

"A sabbath"

There are more if you want to read Lev 23.

The weekly sabbath was not a shadow law.
The yearly sabbaths were shadow laws.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Not specifying any particular Sabbath means the verse is addressing all Sabbaths
That is presumption

Please show me that the handwriting of ordinances are the 10 commandments.

All the law of the first covenant was.
...."Against us"
Why did God ask us to continue to keep a law that is against us.

People will admit that we should not kill or steal, and these are good. The law is good and holy, it is the royal law, the law of liberty, and is spiritual.

Paul explains it in the words below.
Rom 7:7-14
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. 12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Dec 29, 2023
There are seven yearly sabbaths.

None of which are binding upon Christians who are abiding IN Christ

Colossians 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
That is presumption
No, you use assumption to take Sabbath and reduce it to a certain lesser Sabbath with no support other than your belief. Scripture says Sabbath was a shadow of things to come.

Please show me that the handwriting of ordinances are the 10 commandments.
All the law was hand written. Show that it wasn't.

...."Against us"
Why did God ask us to continue to keep a law that is against us.
He didn't ask us to continue it. The bible is clear the law against us was replaced.

People will admit that we should not kill or steal, and these are good. The law is good and holy, it is the royal law, the law of liberty, and is spiritual.
lol, that isn't what the NT says about the old law:

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law- Galatians 3:13

the law entangles with the yoke of bondage- Galatians 5:1

if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law - Galatians 5:18

the strength of sin is the law- 1 Corinthians 15:56

the law worketh wrath- Romans 4:15

we are not under the law- Romans 6:15

ye also are become dead to the law - Romans 7:4

we are delivered from the law- Romans 7:6

we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter- Romans 7:6

Jesus made us free from the law of sin and death- Romans 8:2

Dec 29, 2023

The scribes could have written with their feet when their hands got tired

I saw a guy on TV once that had no arms and he wrote pretty good with his feet!

He played the guitar and piano with his feet too, and painted!

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The bible does not contradict itself.

We are saved from the condemnation of law by the blood of Jesus and when the Spirit lives in us we do not transgress the law so we are not condemned by it.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law..
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Jas 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
Jas 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:

You are teaching that the law is made void.....

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
[/[Deu 4:13 KJV] 13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, [even] ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
The old law and old covenant is dead and rotted but Paul said that. The law established is the law of the new covenant not the old dead law of bondage.

Heb_8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Dec 29, 2023

Ever wonder why the New Testament teaches us about the Law of Christ and not the OT law?

That be is cause Christians are IN Christ so we be not under the OT law but under the Law of Christ

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The old law and old covenant is dead and rotted but Paul said that. The law established is the law of the new covenant not the old dead law of bondage.

Heb_8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
I agree that the old Covenant was replaced by the new.
That is clear. There were many Covenants in the OT.

A Covenant is an agreement between 2 sides, people or groups.

God made an agreement with Abraham.
Gen 12:1-3

The first agreement, Old C, has vanished away.
But that does not mean all of the OT has vanished away.
That does not mean every law has vanished away.

I agree that the Old Covenant has vanished away but that doesn't mean every OT law.

There are laws in the NT that were given at the time of the Old covenant.

Deu 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
Lev 19:18 KJV Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

What is the reason for the 10 commandment law being made void?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What is the reason for the 10 commandment law being made void?
The Sabbath command was never, not once, repeated in the NT. Not even by Jesus when asked, what must I do?

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Ever wonder why the New Testament teaches us about the Law of Christ and not the OT law?

That be is cause Christians are IN Christ so we be not under the OT law but under the Law of Christ
Ever wonder why Jesus was clear that He and The Father are one.

Jesus gave the 10 commandments.

We are in Christ, saved by His Righteousness, but we are clearly told that we should walk as He walked.
Jesus walked in obedience to the Law.
Jesus obeyed the 4th commandment and every other one.

Should we make void the law because of faith in God's grace?

What is the law of Christ?

Love = the 10 commandments.
1Jn 5:2-3
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Jesus said that He was the Lord of the Sabbath and that the sabbath was made for man. Jesus never commanded us to stop keeping it Holy.