Sunny Day!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I’m offended because I don’t have ice cream, and I’m sure someone here does.

T

theanointedsinner

brilliant, no one is offended by Janna's commenting, hooray!

T

theanointedsinner

have we now concluded that it's hypothetically possible for multiple people to have something to say that no one will be offended by?

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Yeah, I know what we are seeing in the forum is a cross-section of modern culture. I just wish it would not infect the forum. I know it doesn't HAVE to spill over into a christian group just because it is in the world. I have a whole church full of people who don't get offended like this. I was there just this morning and I'm about to leave to go to the same church again in about an hour and a half.

Back when I joined this Christian forum it felt more like hanging out with church people. These days it feels more like hanging out with people who actively examine every word everybody around them says to see if there can be some offense taken. "Wait, go back and read that last post again. I'm sure there's SOMETHING we overlooked that we can be offended about."
2 Corinthians 11:13-15 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
I’m all for the vision and purpose of this site and fully support the direction of the owner and mods but truly, it is the people who corrupt it, which is no difference to people attending church every Sunday, as there is no perfect church, except Jesus Christ himself.

There’s always going to be people who’ll offend people and people who’ll be offended.

It’s the nature of our human characteristics.

Also, we’re not perfect. I can say something today (perhaps this post) that could offend someone based on the experience or feelings that I had a “bad day” today or that I’m “going through some personal issues at home at the moment” etc. Tomorrow I could post something that might not offend someone which then is probably going to be acceptable by society.

I think, the lesson here for me (and thank you Lynx for creating this thread) is that I’m reminded to be wise about the words that I speak and that it should be words to edify and uplift another brother or sister in Christ - because that saying is true.... WWJD or WWJS?

What we say can actually embed in another persons mind, and stick with them in a negative way, and scriptures tells us in Proverbs 18:21 “21 The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”

I know I may have flipped the purpose of the OP, and what I’m about to say might offend some people lol but............things “can’t go back to how they were in those days”, we have to accept the fact that as society and times change, so do peoples priorities and lifestyles, including moving on from CC or not. But the good thing that does come out of this is the new people that come to CC seeking God and the same fellowship as you all did years ago.

May the peace of Jesus be and remain with CC and it’s members forever.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I’m all for the vision and purpose of this site and fully support the direction of the owner and mods but truly, it is the people who corrupt it, which is no difference to people attending church every Sunday, as there is no perfect church, except Jesus Christ himself.

There’s always going to be people who’ll offend people and people who’ll be offended.

It’s the nature of our human characteristics.

Also, we’re not perfect. I can say something today (perhaps this post) that could offend someone based on the experience or feelings that I had a “bad day” today or that I’m “going through some personal issues at home at the moment” etc. Tomorrow I could post something that might not offend someone which then is probably going to be acceptable by society.

I think, the lesson here for me (and thank you Lynx for creating this thread) is that I’m reminded to be wise about the words that I speak and that it should be words to edify and uplift another brother or sister in Christ - because that saying is true.... WWJD or WWJS?

What we say can actually embed in another persons mind, and stick with them in a negative way, and scriptures tells us in Proverbs 18:21 “21 The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”

I know I may have flipped the purpose of the OP, and what I’m about to say might offend some people lol but............things “can’t go back to how they were in those days”, we have to accept the fact that as society and times change, so do peoples priorities and lifestyles, including moving on from CC or not. But the good thing that does come out of this is the new people that come to CC seeking God and the same fellowship as you all did years ago.

May the peace of Jesus be and remain with CC and it’s members forever.
So... basically what you are saying is, in a world where everybody gets offended about everything, the onus is on us as Christians to be as inoffensive as possible?

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
So... basically what you are saying is, in a world where everybody gets offended about everything, the onus is on us as Christians to be as inoffensive as possible?
No. As Christians? It’s trying to be wise & godly in how we speak. But it’s also about being honest in Christ.

And people are different. What maybe offensive to you, may not be not offensive to me, or vice verca.

Aug 2, 2009
This entire thread in 8 words....

Lynx is offended by people who are offended.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
No, I'm just tired of it. It gets really old, really fast.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Might I suggest that you two place each other on ignore? I honestly have no idea who started your little feud but I can assure you both that the rest of the community is getting really tired of watching you guys snip at each other.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I’m offended because I don’t have ice cream, and I’m sure someone here does.
I don't have ice cream, but I know where to get it. Have you tried the Magnum bars? Not quite as decadent as the commercials claim, but not half bad.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
It's cloudy today, but still no rain.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Might I suggest that you two place each other on ignore? I honestly have no idea who started your little feud but I can assure you both that the rest of the community is getting really tired of watching you guys snip at each other.
Wait, what? I thought zero and I were cool now. The last miscommunication was cleared up a while ago. Did I miss something?

I probably did miss something. I'm not very good on picking up social cues. In the chat room, "Wait, what?" has become my callsign...