"Super Moon" On February 19th, 2019 Could Have Significance For Geological And Biblical Events And Calls For Coastal Preparedness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I'm hoping the Christian Chat geologists will help clarify the upcoming "supermoon(s)" and their possible effect on geological instability and tectonic pressure points. There is an overdue large ocean fault overdue in what's called the "Shumagin Gap," an area in the Aleutian chain in the northern Pacific ocean, that has not shifted. There is also a similar "hinged" section of the sea-floor as the Japan quake in 2011 that caused the uplifting of the sea-floor that displaced the ocean so dramatically, causing the tragic 9.1 quake in Japan that destroyed the nuclear reactor and caused the loss of some 15,000 lives. What concerns me is the theoretical additional stress of the increased tidal energy from the closer moon, as well as the increased activity of the Pacific Rim which some attribute to the normal periodical rotational slight slowing of the earth.

Most scientists discount the "domino" effect of the Pacific plate where movement in an area such as the Northern Pacific, could effect another area of overdue stress, such as the tectonic offshore undersea faults near British Columbia, Canada and the Pacific Northwest of the USA.
There is a possible precedent for this, but, I haven't conferred with geologists yet, such as the massive 9.6 (9.4-9.6) quake in Chile in 1960, the largest quake ever recorded in history, which was 4 years before the 9.2 quake in Alaska on "Easter Friday." And also the Aleutian Chain 8.7 sea-quake in 1965 followed the 9.2 quake in a succession of breaks over a 5-year period. All of those quakes were massive, maximum intensity tectonic slides of the Pacific plate, that followed a pattern of tectonic shifts westward movement.
This leads me to compare the 1964 9.2 "Easter Friday" quake, followed by the 1965 8.7 quake to the east in the Aleutian chain, to the recent 7.0 quake in Anchorage, which, theoretically could also effect the weakened condition of the "Shumagin Gap" with the same horrifying potential as the Tohoku 9.1 quake that produced the devastating and tragic 40 meter high Tsunami (133 feet).

Also, there are symbolic connections too-- The Easter Friday quake in 1964, was followed by the 8.7 quake in the Aleutian Chain which has symbolic connections to the Bible: An epic biblical quake on a day many remember the crucifixion of Jesus, followed by a quake that "Broke the Chains" (Aleutian Chain) representing the freedom of the Resurrection of Christ the Lord. This followed the largest epic quake ever recorded in "Chile" which has a symbolic connection to the words of Jesus in the last days:

"Because of people breaking the laws and sin being everywhere, the love in the hearts of many people will become cold." (Matthew 24:12; NLT).

There was also a recent quake in Chile-- a 6.7 magnitude quake less than a month ago on January 19, 2019 that followed the one in Anchorage, Alaska on November 30, 2018.
And finally, there is the comparison to oceans and water in the bible. The massive destructive power of ocean waves compared to the healing power of baptism.
All of these signs lead me to believe that a massive earthquake and Tsunami could be an event known by God to warn the world to "prepare the way of the Lord."

1549688420890.jpeg

Feb 6, 2019
Jesus told his apostles the end of the age will be when there is apostasy, wars and rumors of war, famines , pestilence and earthquakes in divers places, sign of the times! Very informative, good work!

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
thank,it's a calling in my life-- many people think an obsession, but i experienced the 1964 quake as a 6-year old, the roaring and shaking of our house in the basement for almost 5 minutes, and it made an impression to say the least. I'm still waiting to check on the geological effect. Please be careful of this warning-- even though I believe it is inspired, careful discernment is always necessary. But, I do have a track record with quakes, having prayed for the warning quake in 2016 that was confirmed by a prophetic dream of a huge button suspended over a volcanic range. The quake occurred within 2 -3 weeks later 6 days after Martin Luther King Day, and a state housing observance that I helped to organize. The quake was also one day before President Obama announced an end to solitary confinement in federal prisons for certain individuals, such as teens and other vulnerable people.

I don't believe these were coincidences, since there was a public outcry over the way the Anchorage pre-trial jail was treating vulnerable inmates, in some cases denying medical care to individuals in a medical crisis. The warning quake also occurred about the time that a young lady, Kellsie Green, was dying due to a lack of medical detox after her father had allowed her to go there tohelp save her life. I believe that God spoke through this earthquake in keeping with the first words of Jesus: "I have come to set free all who are imprisoned upon the earth," meaning all people in a general sense, but also those who are not treated with true divine justice or who do not have their rights honored which is a violation of the 8th and 14th amendments prohibiting "cruel and unusual punishment," for citizens, which tends to be first-time offenders such as Sandra Bland and Kellsie Green,and many others whose only crime may be a medical dependency requiring medical care.

Therefore, based on these consistent and escalating warnings, and other personal warnings, especially regarding a "massive tidal wave," I believe a biblical warning on a Revelation scale is in order, such as the one in Tohoku Japan, that such an event could be imminent.
This is a warning based on my inspired interpretation, and not a direct warning of the prophetic word such as occurred with the November 30, 2018 7.0 quake in Anchorage when a geologist here in Christian chat and myself, predicted that quake through the prophetic word, without even knowing it. Those are the most accurate predictions-- spoken directly by divine word through His servants without us even knowing it.
this one is based on persistent, and increasing perceptions of warnings regarding a massive tidal wave.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
At it again, Herald?

While these geological phenomena are true, my thought is that since we just had a super blood moon eclipse, and NOTHING happened, I doubt it will happen in Feb.

Of course, there are fault lines, earthquakes and bad things do happen because of the earth shifting and moving. But, that doesn't mean Jesus is going to be returning soon.

I am always so sad for you, Herald, that you were in that terrible earthquake in Alaska, which destroyed some coastal towns in BC, like Port Alberni. I've been on the beaches on the west coast of Vancouver Island. There are so many large pieces of timber, way above the high water line. I lived out there only 7 years after the quake, and the devastation of the tsunami after that quake was so shocking.

We need to remember that God is in control and sovereign. That is our hope, both in tragedies, and when things are just going on normally. Trust God, Herald, instead of predicting earthquakes, and saying the next big one is going to wipe us out. God knows the future, we do not. Trust God!

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
At it again, Herald?

While these geological phenomena are true, my thought is that since we just had a super blood moon eclipse, and NOTHING happened, I doubt it will happen in Feb.

Of course, there are fault lines, earthquakes and bad things do happen because of the earth shifting and moving. But, that doesn't mean Jesus is going to be returning soon.

I am always so sad for you, Herald, that you were in that terrible earthquake in Alaska, which destroyed some coastal towns in BC, like Port Alberni. I've been on the beaches on the west coast of Vancouver Island. There are so many large pieces of timber, way above the high water line. I lived out there only 7 years after the quake, and the devastation of the tsunami after that quake was so shocking.

We need to remember that God is in control and sovereign. That is our hope, both in tragedies, and when things are just going on normally. Trust God, Herald, instead of predicting earthquakes, and saying the next big one is going to wipe us out. God knows the future, we do not. Trust God!

Thanks again Angela, your reassurance and feedback is always helpful, and the 64 wave did cause damage in B.C. But, the ones offshore B.C. and to the south, I can't remember the names at the moment are the ones to watch. And thanks for your compassion. An earthquake of that intensity that lasts for 5 minutes is very traumatic for elementary aged children. And since you mention it, that is a good idea-- to inform your children about what earthquakes are and what to do, have quake drills, and then they won't be terrorized when the whole house that they have become used to seeing as a source of stability and a foundation of safety starts to rock like a fishing boat on the high seas.

I was just thinking tonight here having traveled to Anchorage about how the tohuku tsunami in 2011 took the lives of 15,000 people, an act of nature, and the apocalyptic-type devastation there caused by man's weapons.
But, you are right-- Jesus said "I have come to save life, not destroy it," when James and John asked if they could call down fire from heaven to destroy towns as Elijah had done in a confrontation with anti-Jewish idol-worshippers. It's frightening to imagine why Christ even reprimanded them for asking such a thing. The truth is that as the Son of God, He was more than just a steward of Divine power like Elijah and Moses, but has a Divine nature as well as being the Son of Man. People don't understand that He could easily have granted their request, just as the Apostle James said: That even though we have a human nature, in the New Covenant, God's power is far greater-- but directed at the spiritual needs of people, and at times even physical healings occur. But, I've heard pastors describe God's power like high-voltage-- 200,000 volts. We can't use it unless we believe in it without having to touch the wire. Anyone can believe after seeing a lightning bolt, or see someone drop dead like the two people who deceived the Apostle Peter.

That's why we have to actively seek a relationship with the LORd. He has "gone the distance," to reach out to us, as the famous movie line goes. To the furthest extreme. Otherwise, things gravitate towards entropy-- or the path of least resistance, or entitlement.
He came here once teaching the servant-leadership way of life.
We are here to serve Jesus. He has earned our respect and reverence. He is "Top Gun," when it comes to spiritual warfare.
We are not here to be served by God, or to seek divine worship of our own idols and own ways to Heaven.

Not sure how the quake chat turned into this--

The warning about the effects of the gravitational changes in the moon are just another warning I've heard and wanted to pass along to call attention to the already over-stressed major dangerous faults along the Pacific Rim.
Besides an urgency I keep sensing in the Spirit--But not specific warnings that I can remember.
But, the last time I sensed an urgency about a tsunami warning, I believe one occurred in the Pacific.
And the written warning here in Christian chat by the geologist and myself--
We didn't predict a quake. One just happened at a magnitude 7--
7 days later...
Do the math.
My job is the warning of God's judgment. And I've actually heard the word "imminent," before more than once that I believe was the Lord's voice.
Yours is the reassurance of His Mercy.

Here is another story of reassurance. The other day I had a bad day of spiritual warfare-- just felt so weak inside I could barely even think or start my day and felt overwhelmed and defeated and even forsaken by God.
I prayed for help and immediately I saw an image in my mind of a two edged sword in a sheath, similar to one I own.
Then i heard the name: "Gabrielle." I immediately thought of Brook Gabrielle Frasure and her song:
"Who You Say I AM" and started singing it: (Jesus calls her "Gabrielle" not Brooke, or did then).
"I am chosen, not forsaken, I am Who YOU say I am."
And my strength returned.
This is the power of the truth!
Teamwork.

L

Locoponydirtman

The sky is falling again??? o_O

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Thanks so much for the info, I will have my telescope ready, so beautiful God's creation.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
The sky is falling again??? o_O
That's a very frightening thing to say in a prophetic discussion like this. It's in revelation, for one. And an asteroid shaped like a football large enough to destroy the earth "passed-over" or "passed by" during the 2018 Superbowl football game. But, the Apostle Peter calls us in his first letter to be sober-minded and vigilant and so do all the Apostles. I'm just as guilty of making light of fearful things. It can be a natural way to deal with fear. But there are better ways. And now would be a good time for it.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains.
(Matthew 24:6-8)

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
***This image is copyrighted to the Alaska Earthquake Center and used here only for demo purposes--
vonhuene-2-large.jpg

L

Locoponydirtman

That's a very frightening thing to say in a prophetic discussion like this. It's in revelation, for one. And an asteroid shaped like a football large enough to destroy the earth "passed-over" or "passed by" during the 2018 Superbowl football game. But, the Apostle Peter calls us in his first letter to be sober-minded and vigilant and so do all the Apostles. I'm just as guilty of making light of fearful things. It can be a natural way to deal with fear. But there are better ways. And now would be a good time for it.
What can I or anyone else do about it?
So what's the point?
When the Lord decides it's the so it will be. Are you going to stop it? I have heard so many dooms day predictions that I have learned that all who make such predictions are always wrong. It's almost laughable if it weren't so sad. Blood moon, super moon, wolf moon blah blah blah. When will Christ come back? We will know when he appears. There is 0 point in fretting and fear for some apocalyptic end. Even though it is coming.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Most Christians are on guard about spiritual readiness, but, when there is a lot of resistance directed at Christians, as in the last times-- I didn't say "last days," I said, "last times" and the Apostle Peter said that one day is as a thousand to the LOrd. Jesus just said to be able to read the signs of the times. This post wasn't an apocalyptic post, just a warning that those faults are overdue, and they are a major threat. It's good stewardship to be ready so that we don't fall into complacency. You are talking to the worst offender, so don't feel bad. It's a problem that permeates all of Christianity, from formal churches to churches that some people might label as too informal, and radio is an issue too. The announcers feel that it is their job to keep the chatter going, so they tend to get into "empty laughter," of the world. I believe that's what Jesus warned about: "woe to those who laugh (carelessly) now, for you shall mourn." I said I was the worst offender-- due to many reasons, many years of PTSD, depression, suffering, medications, etc... the waters don't run as deep as they once did, and the LORd warned that that would be a sign of end times anyway-- "the love of many will grow cold."

So, the answer is, to enjoy life, but not turn our sacred beliefs into worldly nonsense. Many non-Christians will be turning to us when the forces of evil continue to advance, and what will they find? If it were not for divine intervention, they might find a church divided. No one knows quite how events will unfold, and a good teacher keeps people guessing to keep us on our toes. Humor does have a place in reaching out to non-believers. But, it should be carefully done by Christians, and it should be done by those who have a gift and anointing to do so in order to be careful not to mock God.

As Christians, one local pastor said recently, just like James-- we have a human nature like Elijah, but God's power can work through us even more so than back then, since Jesus became a human-being, and passed on that divine authority stewardship to Christians. We will answer for how we use it. He said, "great power carries with it great responsibility."

My warning is practical-- if you live by the ocean, take precautions-- practice escape drills, have a warning system; it's all responsible stewardship. But, it's also spiritual. As Christians, most of us believe we are in the last days. But, that doesn't mean to give up responsible stewardship. The opposite is true.
A sense of humor is a wonderful gift!
I couldn't have made it without my favorite newspaper comics, and have laughed for hours over good ones.
But, since I have been too light-hearted and careless, I need to work hard to compensate and be more serious, especially in an official capacity like online Christian writing like this about a serious subject.

Chat rooms are more for fellowship, but we often cross the line there too.
Every day is a good time to get serious about the Gospel--
It's not called "The Good News!!" for nothing.
The world is perishing and suffering--
While Christians party?
it's good to celebrate good Christian events and victories and moments in life.
But, the ways of the world have turned entertainment into an idol.
And idols can not stand at the gates of Heaven.

Just ask the military-- they can teach us how to be more serious:
"The enemy is initiating offensive maneuvers."
This has always been true--
All the Apostles taught this,
And Jesus Himself.
"Be ready." he said.
And I'm not yet.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
This is a good site about the whole tectonic subject--
https://serc.carleton.edu/eet/platemotion/case_study.html

Since I've been visiting my home town, there have been two quakes-- 2 yesterday (February 18th) just small ones, 4.4 and 3.9 I think, but enough to get your attention. I took them as symbolic. The first occurred at about 8:00 AM when the court house would normally open and I was filing a case related to someone's freedom from long-standing oppression. The second one occurred while I was trying to check into the "Eagle Hotel:" No one was there.
Yesterday morning, February 18th (President's Day) I had a dream about my mother whose birthday is on February 12th--
President Lincoln's birthday.
In the dream, I was trying to wake her up as an Apocalyptic earthquake was occurring.
Later that afternoon I visited my parent's grave and my car got stuck in the snow.
I was able to dig it out.
YOu can't get stuck in the graveyard if you know JESUS.
I was also reading in the hotel and heard the words: "perilous times."
I believe it is one of my missions in life to warn of "perilous times" ahead.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Apparently God was rooting for the Eagles who defeated the Patriots in the 2018 Super Bowl or the football asteroid would have struck the stadium in Minneapolis where the game was held.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Just ask the military-- they can teach us how to be more serious:
"The enemy is initiating offensive maneuvers."
Being a member of the US armed forces was a life-changing experience for me. I am sure that other members can attest to that as well.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Apparently God was rooting for the Eagles who defeated the Patriots in the 2018 Super Bowl or the football asteroid would have struck the stadium in Minneapolis where the game was held.
Well, not sure if the Lord would take sides, but, that asteroid, even though it is not a threat to the earth, if one that size were to hit, it would take out Texas-- not just a stadium. It was 1.2 kilometers wide, and passed at 2.6 million miles. But, as people often remind us in here, the earth is in good hands, and it's not a "hail-Mary" pass-- But, I think the asteroid itself is about the size of a stadium?

Being a member of the US armed forces was a life-changing experience for me. I am sure that other members can attest to that as well.
I probably should have joined-- I went to war in my head anyway...

One of my brothers and I got to see the Supermoon rising in the east above the mountains this evening as I dropped him off with clear skies here this evening. It was pretty spectacular with a rim of blowing snow or clouds around the main peak to the east lit up by the moon. And here is a picture of New York-- (copyright of Fox News listed as a photo by Gary Hershon, used here only for non-commercial public interest/demo purposes);

HershornSuperSnowMoonFeb19.jpg

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Looks like we survived it.
The warning is still in effect-- Even if you see it from just a scientific view. The faults are ready to slip. I was thinking about it today, and had an image in my mind of the Aleutian chain islands, which is where one of the warnings is near the Shumagin Gap. then I reached through some papers and found the song, "ChainBreaker," by Zach Williams. These may seem like minor signs, but this could be a warning from God to stay alert in a heightened state of readiness.
The 8.7 sea quake in 1965 occurred in the Aleutian Chains on Feb. 4th, which happens to be my birthday.
For overdue faults--
and an overdue Lord.