Supermarkets

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I don't have any rabbits!

As an 85-year-old dad with a daughter who thinks I need to eat them leafy green things, I assert my fatherly privilege. I tell her to feed that stuff to the rabbits. I don't have any rabbits either, so she either eats them herself, or leaves them at the store.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: seoulsearch
I don't know why, but daughters seem to think dads need a better diet. I tell mine that I didn't get to be 30 years older her on a rabbit food.

Don't worry. It doesn't matter what we eat, we still love the attention.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
haha

My big sister did not approve. But she can't do anything about it as she can't feed my dad everyday.

Last night I got Dad to cook the spinach he selected and I also made some kale crisps and he ate those. Along with fries and the fish fingers. He does eat veges but I have to prompt him. He likes unfrozen peas.
 
I snuck in some chopped celery into his noodles.
I have to sneak because if I'm cutting parsley onto soup he'll say 'I don't want that stuff on mine'.

It's probably just raw veges, though. They are fine cooked.

I'm just on this thread because there's been a lot of talk about breaking up the duopoly of supermarkets in nz, but really its just all talk and no action. We have PLENTY of asian supermarkets here if people want to get fresh veges, there's a Fruit World, there's outdoor markets, there are a lot of dairies selling convenience foods, and gas stations.

So not sure if having more individual grocery stores makes much difference. Maybe in the smaller towns, but small towns have always just had the one Four Square or something like that. Also a 'mom and pop' store basically takes over your whole life, you need to open all hours, and your children get roped into helping when they don't want to.