Support Israel? Yes or No? And Why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
It may be theologically debated on rather a Christian should support Israel. However, no matter what side you take, Israel will still be prophetically standing for the Revelation events to occur. Israel should be supported politically because they are the only nation in that region that promotes human rights, religious freedom, and a Democratic system of government where the people have the freedom to vote. Their counterintelligence on terrorist organizations is crucial for national security for America and our allies. Due to our aligned beliefs on religious freedom, human rights, and defense from terrorism, many in the middle east consider Israel and America the same. Both infidels and worthy of destruction.

Theologically it is debated because some believe the Old Testament verses like this one below to be obsolete.

Genesis 12:2-3
New International Version
2 “I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.”

This is just my interpretation, but I know for a fact that nowhere else in scripture does it counter this promise. Nowhere is it canceled. The bottom portion of verse 3 was completed in Jesus Christ as all people on the Earth were blessed through Jesus's sacrifice. As for the fulfillment of the Old Testament, this is related to the demands of the Mosaic ceremonial laws, judicial laws, and completion of Old Testament prophecy.

I do not see where the promise of I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse, stops from being true.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
It may be theologically debated on rather a Christian should support Israel. However, no matter what side you take, Israel will still be prophetically standing for the Revelation events to occur. Israel should be supported politically because they are the only nation in that region that promotes human rights, religious freedom, and a Democratic system of government where the people have the freedom to vote. Their counterintelligence on terrorist organizations is crucial for national security for America and our allies. Due to our aligned beliefs on religious freedom, human rights, and defense from terrorism, many in the middle east consider Israel and America the same. Both infidels and worthy of destruction.

Theologically it is debated because some believe the Old Testament verses like this one below to be obsolete.

and I will bless you;
and all peoples on earth

This is just my interpretation, but I know for a fact that nowhere else in scripture does it counter this promise. Nowhere is it canceled. The bottom portion of verse 3 was completed in Jesus Christ as all people on the Earth were blessed through Jesus's sacrifice. As for the fulfillment of the Old Testament, this is related to the demands of the Mosaic ceremonial laws, judicial laws, and completion of Old Testament prophecy.

I do not see where the promise of I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse, stops from being true.
Try Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

I support Israel cause im a nationalist and I believe they should have that one small piece of land, they not asking for too much. Arabs got a ton of countries already. COME ON NOW

L

Live4Him

Support Israel?

Yes or no?

If they're on God's side in any given situation, then "yes".

If they're not on God's side in any given situation, then "no".

God never wants us to support evil...wherever it is found.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Support Israel?

Yes or no?

If they're on God's side in any given situation, then "yes".

If they're not on God's side in any given situation, then "no".

God never wants us to support evil...wherever it is found.
GREAT answer. Hit it nail on the head. CLOSE THE THREAD! Never blindly support anyone no matter what it is. Even if its a "CHRISTIAN NATION" thats doing wrong.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Yes, yes & yes because God loves her and has promised deliverance from the very enemies attacking her now.

She may be brought to the end of her worldly strength very soon as Moses prophesied.
We should be steadfastly keeping the believers there (present & future) in prayer.

CS1

May 23, 2012
to support Israeli or not?

I guess one could ask to we support Good or evil? Do we support the nation that fights terrorism or the ones that support it?

As a Christian, I think there is a very important thing to consider why a Christian should support Israel.

Jesus is coming back to the very place He left. Jesus literally was taken up in Acts 1:9.

Jesus is literally Coming Back to that geographical location. That is more than enough for me to support Isreal.

L

Live4Him

to support Israeli or not?

I guess one could ask to we support Good or evil? Do we support the nation that fights terrorism or the ones that support it?

As a Christian, I think there is a very important thing to consider why a Christian should support Israel.

Jesus is coming back to the very place He left. Jesus literally was taken up in Acts 1:9.

Jesus is literally Coming Back to that geographical location. That is more than enough for me to support Isreal.
...and he's coming back to a geographical location which will have a rebuilt temple in it in which not only animal sacrifices will have been reinstituted (in a blatant denial/rejection of Christ's atonement), but in which the antichrist will also sit prior to Christ's return.

If you want to support that, then have at it.

Personally, I'll avoid it like the plague and call all men, women, and children everywhere, regardless of their national heritage, to repent and believe in Christ.

B

Blackpowderduelist

and I will bless you;
and all peoples on earth

Man you open up some good questions. As far as the blessing curse thing goes, not all of Israel is Israel, only those who believe.
However we do support liberty, and humanitarianism.

CS1

May 23, 2012
...and he's coming back to a geographical location which will have a rebuilt temple in it in which not only animal sacrifices will have been reinstituted (in a blatant denial/rejection of Christ's atonement), but in which the antichrist will also sit prior to Christ's return.

If you want to support that, then have at it.

Personally, I'll avoid it like the plague and call all men, women, and children everywhere, regardless of their national heritage, to repent and believe in Christ.
LOl please keep in context my words I never said I support the rebuilding of the temple so slow down trigger.

Do you support the United States? They murdered 61 million babies in the womb since roe vs wade. You support gay marriage and the LGBTQ agenda which has locked up with the teacher u ion to reprogram our children?

Or do you pray that God will save America and cause them to repent and return back to God? Should Isreal be any different?

Jesus is coming Back and Israel is important biblically and praying for them is not an endorsement of the temple being built.

L

Live4Him

LOl please keep in context my words I never said I support the rebuilding of the temple so slow down trigger.

Do you support the United States? They murdered 61 million babies in the womb since roe vs wade. You support gay marriage and the LGBTQ agenda which has locked up with the teacher u ion to reprogram our children?

Or do you pray that God will save America and cause them to repent and return back to God? Should Isreal be any different?

Jesus is coming Back and Israel is important biblically and praying for them is not an endorsement of the temple being built.
I said "IF you want to support that".

Do I support the United States?

Normally, "NO!"

This is an exceedingly wicked nation, BUT there are some good people in it. I support the good, and oppose the evil, which ought to be a general rule of thumb for Christians.

I definitely pray for America's repentance, and for everyone's repentance, because God commands all men everywhere to repent (Acts 17:30).

All men.

Everywhere.

God is no respecter of persons, and neither should we be.

It's really that simple.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I said "IF you want to support that".

Do I support the United States?

Normally, "NO!"

This is an exceedingly wicked nation, BUT there are some good people in it. I support the good, and oppose the evil, which ought to be a general rule of thumb for Christians.

I definitely pray for America's repentance, and for everyone's repentance, because God commands all men everywhere to repent (Acts 17:30).

All men.

Everywhere.

God is no respecter of persons, and neither should we be.

It's really that simple.
Ok,

please don't assume one's support is an endorsement of sin. I support the POTUS yet I do not endorse Joe Biden. Office over person

People over national leaders. I too believe praying for the peace of Isreal is in the word of God :).

L

Live4Him

Ok,

please don't assume one's support is an endorsement of sin. I support the POTUS yet I do not endorse Joe Biden. Office over person

People over national leaders. I too believe praying for the peace of Isreal is in the word of God :).
We should definitely be praying for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6-7), but Jerusalem will never know true peace until Jesus Christ, "the Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6), takes his rightful place upon the throne of David at his second coming.

Prior to that, there will be a false "peace", and the antichrist will literally sit within a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem.

Biblically speaking, there are two very distinct Jerusalems, even as Paul taught:

Galatians chapter 4

[21] Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
[22] For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
[23] But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
[24] Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
[25] For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
[26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
[27] For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
[28] Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
[29] But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
[30] Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
[31] So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Abraham had two sons, and they allegorically represent the two very distinct Jerusalems.

Ishmael was born of the bondwoman Hagar, and they represent "Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children" (vs. 25). Their bondages is directly related to "Mount Sinai" (vs. 25) where Moses received the law. In other words, they're representative of the Jews in Jerusalem which seek righteousness by the law and apart from Christ. Their end? They will be "cast out" and they "shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman" (vs. 30).

Isaac was born of the freewoman Sarah, and they represent "Jerusalem which is above" which "is free" and "which is the mother of us all" (vs. 26), with the "us all" being believing Jews or Gentiles.

With such being the case, we need to be praying for the non-believing Jews to become a part of "Jerusalem which is above" through faith in Christ. Just blindly supporting them, without calling them to repentance, is not going to do them any good. I'm NOT accusing you of doing the same, but I am making a general point.

CS1

May 23, 2012
We should definitely be praying for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6-7), but Jerusalem will never know true peace until Jesus Christ, "the Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6), takes his rightful place upon the throne of David at his second coming.

Prior to that, there will be a false "peace", and the antichrist will literally sit within a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem.

Biblically speaking, there are two very distinct Jerusalems, even as Paul taught:

Galatians chapter 4

[21] Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
[22] For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
[23] But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
[24] Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
[25] For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
[26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
[27] For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
[28] Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
[29] But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
[30] Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
[31] So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Abraham had two sons, and they allegorically represent the two very distinct Jerusalems.

Ishmael was born of the bondwoman Hagar, and they represent "Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children" (vs. 25). Their bondages is directly related to "Mount Sinai" (vs. 25) where Moses received the law. In other words, they're representative of the Jews in Jerusalem which seek righteousness by the law and apart from Christ. Their end? They will be "cast out" and they "shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman" (vs. 30).

Isaac was born of the freewoman Sarah, and they represent "Jerusalem which is above" which "is free" and "which is the mother of us all" (vs. 26), with the "us all" being believing Jews or Gentiles.

With such being the case, we need to be praying for the non-believing Jews to become a part of "Jerusalem which is above" through faith in Christ. Just blindly supporting them, without calling them to repentance, is not going to do them any good. I'm NOT accusing you of doing the same, but I am making a general point.
I agree that is biblical amen.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I feel some are off track. I'll make it a simple question. Is verse 3 still relevant to today?

and I will bless you;
and all peoples on earth

CS1

May 23, 2012
I feel some are off track. I'll make it a simple question. Is verse 3 still relevant to today?

and I will bless you;
and all peoples on earth
as far as the nation of Israel and the people they are still very much part of the end times in the Bible and are relevant today as the nation as far as the bible is concerned. Romans 11 says

17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree,
18 do not be arrogant toward the branches(Israel). If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.

19 Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”

20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith.

So do not become proud, but fear.

21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you.

22 Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness.(Israel) Otherwise, you too will be cut off.

23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again(Israel)

. 24 For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Man you open up some good questions. As far as the blessing curse thing goes, not all of Israel is Israel, only those who believe.
However we do support liberty, and humanitarianism.
Even in exile and rebellion due to God's promise to Abraham, Israel never becomes only a few of those who are obedient. Daniel was exiled with the Israelites but yet still caught in the judgement of Israel. God still spoke to them to repent and showed his desire for them to return.

L

Live4Him

and I will bless you;
and all peoples on earth
No offense, but I honestly believe that you're misunderstanding what verse 3 is really all about.

For example, Paul wrote:

Galatians chapter 3

[6] Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
[7] Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
[8] And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
[9] So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

God "preached before THE GOSPEL unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed" (vs. 8), which is a direct reference to passages of scripture like Genesis 12:3, 18:18, and 22:18.

"THE GOSPEL", in context, is directly in relation to "they which are/be of faith" (vss. 7, 9), and these are those who "are blessed with faithful Abraham" (vs. 9).

Those who are without faith?

Well, they're lost.

Plain and simple.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Even in exile and rebellion due to God's promise to Abraham, Israel never becomes only a few of those who are obedient. Daniel was exiled with the Israelites but yet still caught in the judgement of Israel. God still spoke to them to repent and showed his desire for them to return.
And in 1948 God brought them back as he promised HE would. Yet they are still just as ungodly as they were before.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
as far as the nation of Israel and the people they are still very much part of the end times in the Bible and are relevant today as the nation as far as the bible is concerned. Romans 11 says

17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree,
18 do not be arrogant toward the branches(Israel). If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.

19 Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”

20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith.

So do not become proud, but fear.

21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you.

22 Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness.(Israel) Otherwise, you too will be cut off.

23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again(Israel)

. 24 For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.
Perfect!