Support Israel? Yes or No? And Why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Absolutely, with out the Isaiah 53 teaching it is as of Christ first coming. The jews thought that jesus would rise against their oppressors....rome. that he came to take the seat of david as a warrior.
That is the Messiah that they were taught to look for. That's what the Pharisees taught.
That's why they couldn't understand his death. That's what they were waiting for.
I fully agree, and the religious establishment in the scribes and pharisees rejected the chief cornerstone, out off fear they would be out of a job :giggle:

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Absolutely, with out the Isaiah 53 teaching it is as of Christ first coming. The jews thought that jesus would rise against their oppressors....rome. that he came to take the seat of david as a warrior.
That is the Messiah that they were taught to look for. That's what the Pharisees taught.
That's why they couldn't understand his death. That's what they were waiting for.
Right.

What you have written here ^ reminds me of what Gaebelein writes in his commentary on Zechariah 9 -

[quoting]

"[re: Zech9] The tenth and eleventh verses (Zechariah 9:10-11) show clearly that the prophecy is yet to be fulfilled and can be only fulfilled in the coming of the Son of Man in His glory. One of the reasons why modern Judaism rejects Jesus of Nazareth, and does not believe Him to be the promised Redeemer, is in this prophecy. Rabbi F. De Sola Mendes, of New York, brings in a little book, “A Hebrew’s Reply to the Missionaries,” the following argument: “We reject Jesus of Nazareth as our Messiah on account of His deeds. He says of Himself, ‘Think not that I am come to send peace on the earth; I came not to send peace but a sword,’ etc. But we find that our prophets ascribed to the true Messiah quite different actions. Zechariah says (Zechariah 9:10), He shall speak peace to the nations. Jesus says He came to send the sword on the earth; whereas, Isaiah says of the true Messianic time, ‘They shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation; neither shall they learn war any more.’“

"Of course the Jew is right in expecting the literal fulfillment of this prophecy, and it will be fulfilled when He comes again and the restoration of all things will follow, as spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets.

"When He appears again, in like manner as He went into heaven, that is not for His saints but with His saints, there will be peace for Ephraim and for Jerusalem, and the kingdom is then restored to Israel, that is, to the house of Judah and the house of Israel. The chariot, the horse, and the battle-bow will be cut off. Not alone will He bring peace to the covenant people but to the nations. He will speak peace. “And He shall stand, and shall feed His flock in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of Jehovah His God, and they shall abide; for now shall He be great unto the ends of the earth. And this man shall be our peace” Micah 5:4-15. There will be abundance of peace Psalm 72:7. His dominion will be from sea to sea and to the ends of the earth.

"The prisoners of hope to be released, by the blood of the covenant, from the pit wherein there is no water, is the nation whose captivity is now ended. How strange that people should take a passage like this and interpret it as meaning the restitution of the wicked and the ungodly from the pit. There is nothing taught in the Word like that which some people term a larger hope. The restitution (restoration) of all things is not left to the fanciful interpretation of the human mind, but is clearly defined by the Word itself, as spoken by the prophets. In the vision of the dry bones in Ezekiel 37:1-28, Israel’s complaint is, Our hope is lost. But when He is manifested, who is indeed the Hope of Israel, the prisoners (the captives), will be released and cleansed. “Refrain thy voice from weeping and thine eyes from tears.... there is hope for thy latter end, saith the LORD, and thy children shall come again to their own border” Jeremiah 31:17. The exhortation to return to the stronghold follows. Israel will then sing, “He brought me up out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings” Psalm 40:2. Double will be rendered unto them, as promised, “Speak to the heart of Jerusalem, and cry unto her that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned, that she has received of the LORD’S hand double for all her sins” Isaiah 40:22. “For your shame ye shall have double, and for confusion they shall rejoice in that portion; therefore in their land they shall possess double; everlasting joy shall be unto them” Isaiah 41:7."

--Gaebelein, Commentary on Zechariah 9 - https://biblehub.com/commentaries/gaebelein/zechariah/9.htm

[end quoting; bold and underline mine; coloring at links original]

[...and also in his commentary on Isaiah 11...]

[quoting]

"[re: Isa11] 1. The King: Who He is and what He will do (Isaiah 11:1-5) 2. The peace and blessing He brings (Isaiah 11:6-10) 3. The gathering of scattered Israel (Isaiah 11:11-16) It is a great vision of the future which this chapter unfolds. The critics deny that the blessed Person mentioned in the opening verses is our Lord Jesus. They think Hezekiah or Josiah is meant. 2Thessalonians 2:8 shows that it is our Lord. Link Isaiah 11:1-5 with Isaiah 9:6-7. Again His coming in humiliation and His coming in exaltation are here interwoven. We behold His reign in righteousness. Isaiah 11:6-10 need not to be spiritualized, as it is so often done. Romans tells us (Romans 8:18-23) that a literal groaning creation, travailing together in pain until now, will be delivered of its groans and curses. The hour of deliverance strikes with the “manifestation of the Sons of God.” However, this manifestation does not take place till the Lord is manifested the second time. In the coming kingdom to be established on earth and ruled over by the King from above, creation will be put back into its original condition.

"Israel’s regathering will be from a worldwide dispersion. It will be “the second time.” It does not and cannot mean the return from Babylon, but the return from their present exile of almost 2,000 years."

--Gaebelein, Commentary on Isaiah 11 - https://biblehub.com/commentaries/gaebelein/isaiah/11.htm

[end quoting; bold, italics and coloring original]

soberxp

May 3, 2018
So you're against any defense of your country. You don't think there should be a military. You think we shouldn't have stopped the Holocaust, we should have let more die. We shouldn't try to free people in communist countries, just let them be brutally murdered. Ok, I've heard your opinion, it's a rare one, but it's not backed up by the Bible. God sent people into battle and not only that, He made them win. But you're certainly entitled to your beliefs.
What the heck.
We don't need you free us, we are free.
How about Freedom America, gun fight everyday.
Freedom of life, randomness of death

K

kaylagrl

What the heck.
We don't need you free us, we are free.
How about Freedom America, gun fight everyday.
Freedom of life, randomness of death
I don't think you understood my post. I'm not quite sure how to explain in a way you'd understand.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
I don't think you understood my post. I'm not quite sure how to explain in a way you'd understand.
Because you're brainwashed by CNN fox news and fake news, you don't know what kind of "justice" you're representing

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
All aspects of the great tribulation seen in Matthew 24 and Luke 21 are future events unfulfilled

Daniel's Abomination of Desolation, The Great Tribulation, And The Second Coming Immediately After The Tribulation, All Future Events Unfulfilled
Daniel's Abomination of Desolation
See, this is what I mean in an improper context. You know there are like two paragraphs in Daniel's prophecy before the abomination and desolation. At least a quarter or half has been completed. The abomination and desolation are at the last of the chapter. Prophecy can speak to both when it was written and times (plural) to come. In which it can have multiple stages.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I disagree. I do think it's relevant. But if you won't answer the question, fine.
Okay explain the relevance. I love questions but we are talking about facts and reality not hypothetical situations. If we are hypothetically speaking then we must pull from scripture what God demands within government otherwise, we are just spitting in the wind.

K

kaylagrl

Because you're brainwashed by CNN fox news and fake news, you don't know what kind of "justice" you're representing

The justice I'm representing is Biblical. I have no idea what you believe. If you're a pacifist, fine, that's your right. But the Bible totally condones defending your family, your home, your country.

Apr 24, 2021
Big Smiles, I guess the words "The Souls" and "The Dead" in Revelation 20:4-6 really meant they were living humans on earth?
Revelation 19:v.19-21

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the Beast, and them that worshipped his image.
These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

P

pottersclay

As I keep saying your christian faith are deeply rooted in Judaism.

Oct 23, 2020
The tree is Israel. Please stop your trolling of gross and wayward heresy
Jesus Christ is the Olive Tree, he was God manifest in the flesh of a Jew, he is salvation

The unbelieving Jews was broken off because of unbelief, and the remnant elect Jew will be grafted back into the Olive Tree Jesus Christ

All Persons after the cross of Calvary are grafted into the Jewish Olive Tree Jesus Christ

Yes the gospel was preached in Jerusalem to the Jew first

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Revelation 19:v.19-21

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the Beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.
brimstone
It has the function of exorcism
The justice I'm representing is Biblical. I have no idea what you believe. If you're a pacifist, fine, that's your right. But the Bible totally condones defending your family, your home, your country.
First,we should love each other.
Second, war comes from hate and fear, hate may come from religious belief and ideology
, fear may come from Politics and economy(Just as the United States is now afraid of China's economy)Fear may became hate.

Your theory is based on REV 13:10 10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

If your home is really invaded, you can fight back and he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword, no matter justice or not.
But if you want to be the saints

Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Amen

randyk

Jan 14, 2021
Pacific NW USA
Okay explain the relevance. I love questions but we are talking about facts and reality not hypothetical situations. If we are hypothetically speaking then we must pull from scripture what God demands within government otherwise, we are just spitting in the wind.
I already explained the relevance. Our support of Israel is based on our Christianity as a nation. If you're talking about the US, then you're talking about *how Christian* we are as a nation? If we are idolatrous, and view all religions as equals, then we might want to support the Palestinians against Israel because Islam is a huge majority in the Middle East, and we should support the dominant religion in the region, right?

So I'm asking you if you believe, as a Christian American, that all religions in America should be treated equally? But you seem unable to answer, and instead want to complain this is "off topic." Fine, you don't have to answer. If you'd rather discuss whether this is on or off topic, then you've diverted once again from answering the question.

P

pottersclay

brimstone

Second, war comes from hate and fear, hate may come from religious belief and ideology
, fear may come from Politics and economy(Just as the United States is now afraid of China's economy)Fear may became hate.

Your theory is based on REV 13:10 10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

If your home is really invaded, you can fight back and he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword, no matter justice or not.

Amen
What you have posted here is about conquering other nations and people. It has nothing to do with defending against intruders .
We are asked to turn the other cheek for the gospel sake.

K

kaylagrl

brimstone

Amen

In the Bible there were wars, God sent people into war and gave them the victory. Israel is defending their country and their homes. Biblically they are doing what is right. If you're a pacifist, that's your choice. If you wouldn't defend your family, that's you. But Israel has a right to defend themselves, Biblically.

K

kaylagrl

I already explained the relevance. Our support of Israel is based on our Christianity as a nation. If you're talking about the US, then you're talking about *how Christian* we are as a nation? If we are idolatrous, and view all religions as equals, then we might want to support the Palestinians against Israel because Islam is a huge majority in the Middle East, and we should support the dominant religion in the region, right?
You can take religion out of it. The land belongs to Israel historically. I don't need the Bible to prove the land belongs to the Jewish people. I don't care what the US as a whole believes, there are still a majority of Christians that support Israel, one reason why Trump got into office. And we're talking about Hamas, terrorists, who are hardly religious, only in name.

So I'm asking you if you believe, as a Christian American, that all religions in America should be treated equally?
If they live in peace and understand America was founded on Judeo/Christian values. So no sharia law, as an example.

But you seem unable to answer, and instead want to complain this is "off topic." Fine, you don't have to answer. If you'd rather discuss whether this is on or off topic, then you've diverted once again from answering the question.
Well it has been answered and I still don't see what it has to do with the subject at hand.

Oct 23, 2020
You can take religion out of it. The land belongs to Israel historically. I don't need the Bible to prove the land belongs to the Jewish people. I don't care what the US as a whole believes, there are still a majority of Christians that support Israel, one reason why Trump got into office. And we're talking about Hamas, terrorists, who are hardly religious, only in name.

If they live in peace and understand America was founded on Judeo/Christian values. So no sharia law, as an example.

Well it has been answered and I still don't see what it has to do with the subject at hand.
So when God elected the present incumbent, does that mean he abandoned Israel?