Surprise!!!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HumbleOne

Active member
Jul 10, 2021
132
70
28
My name is Michael. Been a Christian for for 25+ years. New to this site and I can tell you that I have deeply missed sitting and reading forms. My goal is to inspire others to live a Christ centered life no matter what life situation they're in.

My favorite verse is Zep 3:17, the bible translation that I read the most is NASB.
 
Hello Michael (@HumbleOne), welcome to CChat. I'm glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us, and thank you for telling us a little bit about yourself too :)

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - since you prefer the NASB, did you hear about the Legacy Standard Bible (which is touted to be the most accurate NASB that has ever been produced)? If not, you can check it out here if you'd like to (and you can download an Apple or an Android app and get the NT, Psalms and Proverbs for free right now .. the rest of the LSB will be translated and released by Sept/Oct this year, just FYI). The Lockman Foundation gave permission to a different translation team to produce this version of the NASB (which is quite different from their newest translation, the NASB 2020 .. it's actually closer to the NASB 95).


1 Thessalonians 5​
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body ​
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.​
​
 
My name is Michael. Been a Christian for for 25+ years. New to this site and I can tell you that I have deeply missed sitting and reading forms. My goal is to inspire others to live a Christ centered life no matter what life situation they're in.

My favorite verse is Zep 3:17, the bible translation that I read the most is NASB.
Glad to have you onboard with us Michael. We all were new once so just relax and be yourself. Your goal is a worthy aspiration. Welcome to CC.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deade
My name is Michael. Been a Christian for for 25+ years. New to this site and I can tell you that I have deeply missed sitting and reading forms. My goal is to inspire others to live a Christ centered life no matter what life situation they're in.

My favorite verse is Zep 3:17, the bible translation that I read the most is NASB.
Welcome
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deade
Hello Michael, welcome to Christian Chat.
I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.



hello-2-gif.229352






6a5bcad37bbf9973402890f576a260d1.gif
 
  • Like
Reactions: TabinRivCA
Hello Michael (@HumbleOne), welcome to CChat. I'm glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us, and thank you for telling us a little bit about yourself too :)

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - since you prefer the NASB, did you hear about the Legacy Standard Bible (which is touted to be the most accurate NASB that has ever been produced)? If not, you can check it out here if you'd like to (and you can download an Apple or an Android app and get the NT, Psalms and Proverbs for free right now .. the rest of the LSB will be translated and released by Sept/Oct this year, just FYI). The Lockman Foundation gave permission to a different translation team to produce this version of the NASB (which is quite different from their newest translation, the NASB 2020 .. it's actually closer to the NASB 95).


1 Thessalonians 5​
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body ​
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.​
​
Interesting, will have to look into update on NASB. Learn something new every day.
 
  • Like
Reactions: de-emerald
My name is Michael. Been a Christian for for 25+ years. New to this site and I can tell you that I have deeply missed sitting and reading forms. My goal is to inspire others to live a Christ centered life no matter what life situation they're in.

My favorite verse is Zep 3:17, the bible translation that I read the most is NASB.
Welcome, brother Mike! So glad you came to CC.:):coffee: I am one of those old poops :poop:who clings to the 1611 KJV.:giggle:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deade
My name is Michael. Been a Christian for for 25+ years. New to this site and I can tell you that I have deeply missed sitting and reading forms. My goal is to inspire others to live a Christ centered life no matter what life situation they're in.

My favorite verse is Zep 3:17, the bible translation that I read the most is NASB.

Welcome Michael!! @HumbleOne I've missed chatting and reading forums too. That's part of why I came back to this website too. My main bible is an NLT :) But I cross reference a NIV, ESV and AMP often! NASB sometimes as well. You never know when a particular word will strike just the right cord for the Holy Spirit to sing to your soul. :)
 
welcome welcome welcome humble one. hope to have some humbling times with you soon lol. :)
 
Welcome Michael!! @HumbleOne I've missed chatting and reading forums too. That's part of why I came back to this website too. My main bible is an NLT :) But I cross reference a NIV, ESV and AMP often! NASB sometimes as well. You never know when a particular word will strike just the right cord for the Holy Spirit to sing to your soul. :)

Indeed. I like bibles that are closest to original language that the bible was written in. Though, I like how some versions state verses.