Maybe I need to reword something.
I want to mention one more thing.
Sometimes we have a lot of great ideas, and it takes some time to get them all sorted and worded just right.
That's pretty normal.
Maybe I need to reword something.
I want to mention one more thing.
Sometimes we have a lot of great ideas, and it takes some time to get them all sorted and worded just right.
That's pretty normal.
I just have one more question for you guys: Wouldn't this Op been better if I posted all the posts as one & kept it together?
I kinda feel with some of the posts that it may have been too distracting to divide it up the way I did.![]()
Be sincere; be brief; be seated...I just have one more question for you guys: Wouldn't this Op been better if I posted all the posts as one & kept it together?
I kinda feel with some of the posts that it may have been too distracting to divide it up the way I did.![]()
They are indeed your words.And if they were only my words, you'd be right.
Based on pointing out flaws in your "style" or whatever? Okay.What part of "for me personally" didn't you understand?
I can't stop you from thinking whatever it is you think so go ahead, think whatever you want. As for arguing, seems to me you're the one trying pretty hard to start an argument.
Based on pointing out flaws in your "style" or whatever? Okay.
Well to prove you dead wrong, I completely concede this argument to you. You win and I learned my lesson. Have a great day brother.
Proverbs 3:5-6If I post to defend myself, I distract from the message. If I don't post I look guilty of what I am accused of.
If I quit posting for that, the Op goes dead. In the land of decision...
If you truly believe God has called you to a task, then you should expect some pushback. Anyone who will live godly will experience tribulation. Most of the prophets were persecuted or killed. And those that weren't generally had little success. Stick to the task and ignore the noise.If I post to defend myself, I distract from the message. If I don't post I look guilty of what I am accused of.
If I quit posting for that, the Op goes dead. In the land of decision...
If I post to defend myself, I distract from the message. If I don't post I look guilty of what I am accused of.
If I quit posting for that, the Op goes dead. In the land of decision...
With the tiny bit of respect that I can muster, you are being hypocritical. You dismissed C.S. Lewis entirely with no evidence provided.There are those who are suspicious of others whenever any kind of ministry is concerned. I get it, I do it myself.
But... to openly oppose someone without first proving whether they're wrong, or damaging to the body of Christ(false doctrine), that in & of itself gets me suspicious because there's no point proven.
Even on Dragnet(show) the investigator say "just the facts, ma'am, gimme the facts" because they're trying to come to a logical conclusion to charge someone of a crime.
…
because griping & accusing isn't going to cut it.![]()
Wasn't that thread last week?With the tiny bit of respect that I can muster, you are being hypocritical. You dismissed C.S. Lewis entirely with no evidence provided.
What you have said here is true - and, is good "food for thought" - however, it is also true that many times a 'peaceable' thread OP is met with the crowd of naysayers who only want to cause a ruckus...Wisdom that comes from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle...
If you can't share this way, either you or your message may not be exactly what it ought to be.
I agree that there are usually naysayers. But there is a way to bless them regardless of whether you can convince them or not. The choice of language should not be the cause of dissension.What you have said here is true - and, is good "food for thought" - however, it is also true that many times a 'peaceable' thread OP is met with the crowd of naysayers who only want to cause a ruckus...
What you have said here is true - and, is good "food for thought" - however, it is also true that many times a 'peaceable' thread OP is met with the crowd of naysayers who only want to cause a ruckus...
My one desire is that someone reads this & allows the Holy Spirit to minister to their hearts. Please consider carefully what's been written. It may not be you in need, It may be someone in your church that's in need. We are all Jesus' hands extended, & know God can use you as long as you have a good relationship with Him. Pray & ask the Lord if there's anything like this in your church. If it is, don't be the first one to run out of the church, be the first one willing to make a helpful difference for the Glory of God!Listen carefully to what I am about to say....The greatest hypocrisy in the church are those with well-intentioned actions in church that preach, teach, & worship as if they are legitimately spiritual, but are not. Well-intentioned because they want to do the right things, worship the right way, teach/preach the right way, & be spiritual like they should be or used to be. But they are no longer the spiritual person they used to be. They can no longer get Spirit-inspired messages from God. They are no longer anointed by the Holy Spirit to do so. They go to the internet or the bookstore to find sermons & subjects to minister. Instead of the anointing of the Spirit leading them, they parrot their favorite preachers & teachers. I understand there are some who sometimes go thru dry spells & go to a book, or sometimes are lead to do so, but this is not what I'm talking about. It's about those who are with good intentions that are faking it, hoping to get back to where they used to be but never do. Because of this, they bring popular teachings into their church that are not of God. Because they cannot discern, they bring demonic heresies into God's house & feed them to His lambs.
The same people can't truly worship God during praise & worship because they can no longer discern the difference between spiritual praise & excitement. So what do they do? They borrow from the popular worship leaders on the internet, who they don't really know, but because everyone likes them use their songs & music to worship by without knowing that they are the servants of Satan, feeding their flesh.
You might say, How can they do such a thing? They don't search the scriptures to prove the doctrines they teach. They don't "seriously" pray to God about their P&W songs to confirm whether they are of God. "If it feels good, that's good enough", or "A brother / sister I know recommended it, & I know they are spiritually in tune with God".
So tell me, how can leaders know who's holy & who isn't if they can no longer discern the Spirit of God from the spirit of the devil?
We have heard for years that in our flesh we can't minister or worship because our righteousness is as filthy rags. Yet what we hear from the platform is filthiness from fleshly ministers who by Scripture can do no better. The old saying about computers rings out loudly: "Garbage in, garbage out."
Not only is much of the church going thru this, but the amount of spiritual warfare is increasing by leaps & bounds. The "prince of the power of the air" is increasing in the world to an extent that even worldly people know something's up. Knowing such evil abounds in the world, should we not expect it to infiltrate the House of God? It is because of this infiltration the church is going deeper into apostasy.
NOW is the time to confess our spiritual ineffectiveness. NOW is the time to admit our spiritual deafness & blindness. NOW is the time to repent of our sins while we can still recognize them!
Please.... consider your ways. Seek the Lord while He can still be found. Let's sanctify ourselves & seek God's face & not His hands. The LORD is full of grace, abundant in mercy & ready to hear those who will call on His Great Name.
Make no mistake: TIME IS SHORT.
Yup.Wasn't that thread last week?
I don't trust anything CS Lewis has written. Not at all.
You did exactly what you decry. After I questioned you, you provided your rationale, which was thin on evidence and thick on hearsay. You did not provide even a single quotation from Lewis himself, but you dismiss his theology as "questionable" on the basis that he drank alcohol. You didn't even begin to prove that he was wrong about anything, or that his work was 'false doctrine'.But... to openly oppose someone without first proving whether they're wrong, or damaging to the body of Christ(false doctrine), that in & of itself gets me suspicious because there's no point proven.
It's silly to blame him for what others think of him.Didn't I say he shouldn't be lifted so highly on a pedestal for ALL these things?
Interesting choice of words... typical of someone who doesn't own their wrongdoing.How long are you going to hold this over my head?