Teachings of Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 3, 2019
Paul was Christ's spokesman; if you disregard Paul you are disregarding the Lord Jesus Christ.

Do you offer sacrifices as Jesus commanded? Do you obey the scribes and the Pharisees as He commanded? Do you keep the whole Law as He commanded? Have you already given away all your property? Whose computer are you using?
No, No, and No, because these are Old Testament Laws, they where only for the Jews and this isn’t about what I have done. I am using this phone to preach the gospel, a tool just like Paul when he had a pen and paper to write letters, a way of communicating with ease. If you don’t believe what Jesus says then I simply will quote Paul

Acts 18:6
And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.
are you still saying Paul did this because he 'realized he was sinning by working at making tents to keep himself from being a burden to others' ?

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
No, No, and No, because these are Old Testament Laws, they where only for the Jews and this isn’t about what I have done. I am using this phone to preach the gospel, a tool just like Paul when he had a pen and paper to write letters, a way of communicating with ease. If you don’t believe what Jesus says then I simply will quote Paul

Read again:

Marcelo said: Paul was Christ's spokesman; if you disregard Paul you are disregarding the Lord Jesus Christ.

Do you offer sacrifices as Jesus commanded? Do you obey the scribes and the Pharisees as He commanded? Do you keep the whole Law as He commanded? Have you already given away all your property? Whose computer are you using?
You are right that these are Old Testament Laws, but Jesus did tell His disciples to obey them. Why? Because the law of Moses was still in force.

We are now under the New Covenant and we don't have to obey some of the commandments that Jesus gave when He was on earth.

P

pottersclay

Working for money and serving God is impossible that touched me because I believe life is more about serving God and fulfilling your purposes in life. God will create a way for anything that is being brought to your life.
Jesus said no such thing.......he said serve not work....check it out

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Didymous didn’t Paul and the rest sell everything and still used things that God gave them to preach the word? Like a pen and paper?
Prove right in the Bible, Acts 2:45-47 (selling all and sharing what they had left amongst each other) God can give you tools to use to preach the gospel and give back to you to provide your needs. Matthew 10:10 is a good example of having nothing, then having God provide. Without the tools they used back then they couldn’t of preached it so effectively. Pen, paper, ink, etc.

We must never tempt others to pride and say their prayers loudly in public lest they lose thei rewardd……….

Mar 3, 2019
Jesus said no such thing.......he said serve not work....check it out
How many hours have you JaumeJ put into you career, work? I don’t even have to know you to answer that question, I am betting you have worked more for money than you ever have for God. You have put more hours in to obtain the dollar bill than you have preaching the good news for free, or healing the sick. You most likely spent more money on yourself than you have given to the poor. More on your monthly bills and education and car loans, house payments etc, the list goes around the block. You have served money more than you have served God. Your boss is the real master in your case.

Serve: perform duties or services for (another person or an organization) In this case preformed duties for money. Mammon: Money, Riches.

Matthew 6:25.

P

pottersclay

How many hours have you JaumeJ put into you career, work? I don’t even have to know you to answer that question, I am betting you have worked more for money than you ever have for God. You have put more hours in to obtain the dollar bill than you have preaching the good news for free, or healing the sick. You most likely spent more money on yourself than you have given to the poor. More on your monthly bills and education and car loans, house payments etc, the list goes around the block. You have served money more than you have served God. Your boss is the real master in your case.

Serve: perform duties or services for (another person or an organization) In this case preformed duties for money. Mammon: Money, Riches.

Matthew 6:25.
Where ever I go whoever I meet I take Christ with me. Unlike some I am a full time child of God. The Lord has blessed me with jobs he has also blessed me with a wife and family. He has called me to be the provider of the family. Unlike Abraham the father of faith I am not wealthy but praise God I do get by. I don't esteem money over God never did.
Your idea of work and God is by far the best excuse yet to be a infidel.