temptation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shadowwolg
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Shadowwolg

Guest
Temptation has many names for Many people...mine is sexual addiction...and this week I have fallen into the hole of Mb and beginning back I. Watching porn......it had been a long time since I but for some reason..I have fallen and it has my name.....calling g me...telling me how pleasurable it all will be......yes I have given in.....and yes temptation keeps calling my name.....I am here To publicly , ha, without saying who I am, ...saying God....if you have to break me, do whatever it takes.....but God you will have to hold me together lest I fall an end my life...bc I am tired of having g such a lustful desire to f#@$ myself and knowing that this is not in accordance to your will....I have been in counseling for over 2 1/2 yrs trying to fight my addiction and my depression....I have had moments, sometimes months of obedience yet for some reason I fall back into this sin......by choice....it is no one's else's fault.....yet I know God loves me, he is with me and He wants me to lean on Him....I am trying...what plays through my mind right now, is how, how could He love me, how could He see past my sin.... why must I keep choosing freshly desires over Him....How can he love me...how can He......He just does.....
 
I'm not sure who this is, but I have been through some of these same temptations. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. We all want to do what we don't do, but do what we don't want to! Never forget Christ will forgive you of any sin you will confess to him. In Christ there is no temptation to powerful to overcome. God loves you!
 
I love you too! If you need to talk I can give you my number. I've been there, I've seen this darkness and it's not easy to overcome.
 
Thank You, I need to hear this, sometimes i think i just need to know that someone cares.... i am not good at making fone calls but better at emails so if thats an option... problem is... i know i can get very depressing and i wont want to bring anyone down to my level.... again thank you
 
Addiction recovery isn't about loosing the addiction, but about handling it better. Learning how to get past the temptation. Addicts never fully are free. And every day is a chance to mess up or add another day to be victorious.
 
Guess thats why i get so discouraged...bc i fall.....day by day..be.victorious...sometimes that just seema out of reach