Testimony: My Conversion from Sexual Perversion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kayem77

This is an awesome testimony!! Than you for sharing :) God bless you!

T

Tintin

Another brilliant testimony. Thanks for sharing, mate! I struggle greatly with some sins and give into others too easily but your testimony has convicted and encouraged me to keep struggling with it alongside the Holy Spirit. Your brutal honesty is refreshing and God will use it for his glory. I'm not going to judge you for your past (as you said we're all dead in sin before knowing Christ, so no-one has the right, save JC), I'm going to cyber-shake your hand. God Bless you, brother!

K

kip-s

Awesome!! I'll like to share your testimony on my blog. Pleased inbox me to let me know if I can go ahead and do that. And also get to discuss some things with you. Thanks

Q

QuietCaptiveFreed

Thank you so much for sharing this. I have given bits of my story on this site in other threads but in short I was married to a man for over two decades who was (and is) enslaved to sexual addiction. His father and grandfather are well known (within our denomination) as great preachers and spiritual leaders. He grew up "the golden boy" and as far as I know no one has ever questioned he was anything but that. Even when we were dating I would notice something that didn't seem quite right about him but he was so silver tongued I was convinced that it was just me and push it to the side. Anyway, several months ago he was "caught" in sexual sin and seemed repentant but from your testimony I recognize it as simply being embarrassed at being caught. The tragic part is that he was so "cushioned" by well-meaning Christians and church leaders (he was the senior minister of our large church) that he got away with everything. By the time I realized what he was doing it was too late and he had already convinced our community that my failure as a wife is what caused his "one-time" incident. Obviously it was devastating to be betrayed but to then have him sacrifice me in order to save himself was, well, its pretty hard to describe. It sounds a lot like your experience with getting caught in the Navy and fooling people into believing you really weren't struggling. I bring this up because I am now a divorced single mother and my x-husband has had to step down from ministry but people are still treating him as a victim. I would love to have your perspective on this. Even though he has devastated me and our family I'd like to know if you think there is any hope for him? Will he ever get caught? What will it take for him to see his sin for what it is and get help? Is it possible that he loved me but betrayed me because of the strength of his addiction (when he blamed me for his sin)? I guess I'm just trying to make sense of this and wanting to try and understand the mind of a man with these struggles. He acts so innocent I wonder if he is even aware of what he's done. We share custody of our children and for their sake I pray that he will be made whole. Any insight you have would be greatly appreciated. I'd also love to hear any observations your wife has. Thank you so much.

B

Bryancampbell

What a testimony! Praise God!

K

krow

Good reflections there. But keep in mind that will not be every Christian man's story who feels same sex attraction. Especially those of us who never feel it for the opposite sex at all. So we are left to wrestle with either God doing something over time, being celibate, or wondering if we damn ourselves if we have a partner, or even if we just have sex once in awhile. Of course having a close relationship with Christ helps with all those decisions, but it is not something most men let alone Christian men can fathom. I'm just reminding not trying to take anything away from what you said. :)

Dec 25, 2012
Awesome!! I'll like to share your testimony on my blog. Pleased inbox me to let me know if I can go ahead and do that. And also get to discuss some things with you. Thanks
sure feel free

Dec 25, 2012
Good reflections there. But keep in mind that will not be every Christian man's story who feels same sex attraction. Especially those of us who never feel it for the opposite sex at all. So we are left to wrestle with either God doing something over time, being celibate, or wondering if we damn ourselves if we have a partner, or even if we just have sex once in awhile. Of course having a close relationship with Christ helps with all those decisions, but it is not something most men let alone Christian men can fathom. I'm just reminding not trying to take anything away from what you said. :)
to have a partner, or have occasional sex outside of the context of the biblical model for marriage is sin. the implication is not that you are excluded from grace but it is something you must battle against

GregoryC

Feb 5, 2014
The modern gospel teaches us that repentance is merely asking for forgiveness or asking Jesus into your heart. This is not biblical repentance. The Greek word the New Testament translates as repentance is metanoia. It literally means to to change one's perception,or to turn away from our previous way of thinking. It is represented by a transformative change of heart. Ones position towards their previous and present sin should be one of sorrow of regret. If the heart is turned TO God then it is turned FROM sin. In fact the life of a believer is marked by constant repentance, not necessarily perfect response. The biggest different between the Christian and the unrepentant isn't perfection but direction. As I said earlier the heart is turned FROM and TOWARDS Christ in submission and surrender . The doctrine of Repentance as taught in the Bible is a call to persons to make a radical turn from one way of life to another. The repentance (metanoia) called for throughout the Bible is a summons to a personal, absolute and ultimate unconditional surrender to God as Sovereign. We surrender our will to that of the Lord. We should have a growing hatred for the things God hates, and an increasing desire for the behaviors, emotions, and characteristics that God loves. None of this is at all possible without regeneration in Christ. This is the evidence of true repentance and it is a gift that occurs as a result of regeneration.
Thank you for that amazing and inspiring testimony! I found the truths that set you free in the same way. By the grace of God the Holy Spirit has taught me this is the true way of Salvation.

J

ji

I Cannot Withhold My Testimony. It Belongs To the Lord
The Written Testament of the Regeneration of Jose Garcia Martin
---------

I wish you all be blessed by the word of my testimony and let God rest His hand upon you. For you have never gone too far to turn back and there is freedom in Christ. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
Dear,
It doesn't matter if you couldn't become enough in everything if tears still flow out of your eyes to Pray to God seeing the wounded world and injustice happening around the world.Wishing you a run with Godly zeal(more and more) till we all meet in Heaven.We are a special Nation united by the Grace of God,called from different areas of this world irrespective of time to sojourn this world till Our Nation in Heaven is revealed.
God Bless:)