Texas televangelist Kenneth Copeland came under fire this...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 16, 2014
LOVE of money is the problem. Those who love money tend to keep it to themselves, not spreading the gospel with it. Are you afraid of money or other physical blessings and what it can do? You need to study Jesus' parable in
Matthew 25:14-30 (KJV)
14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Learn to be a good steward of whatever God entrusts to you, and quit objecting to what Hw gives to others to administer.

Sep 16, 2014
I note that there are some who so hate the word "faith" they only get as close to it as typing "wof" as a derogatory expletive. Yet, the word of God uses "faith" positively? It even puts the English derivative of the word of God to "the word of faith"!

That's what "WOF" actually refers to, yet haters of God's kind of faith fall for a derisive application. Idiocy! Look up the sources of poverty expressed in the Proverbs. Poverty, lack of ability to meet monetary needs, is a curse.

I simply choose wealth over poverty by way of the Bible ways of living with wealth, which comes from a very basic human mode, WORK, that God blesses the work of a person's hands, and intends to exceed the very needs of one's own family. That is wealth. Most of the world's citizens can't even imagine helping a neighbor with money, or even sharing a meal.

If that concept is taken as evil, then you have a terrible problem with God. If you think God is not seeking to make His children richer than they need to be to survive like so many rigthteous ancient friends of His, then you are a disbeliever of some of His word, subject to the curses of the Law of Moses.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
So, you are on record healing the sick like Jesus did, and ought to be making front pages of newspapers? How many missing legs have you restored? I need to look you up by name, and bring you a friend who cut four fingers off with a Skill saw. He would like to have them back. Can you help? Well, you should be able, since you reject the money-wealth part and relate to miraculous healing instead. Folks ought to be seeking you out by the billions, since all you have to give is miraculous healing and assorted miracles. t seems to me anyone else associated with that activity these days is typically labelled a charlatan, faker, healing by the power of Satan, a deceiver using Photo Shop.

I do know of ministries drilling wells to proved water around the world, using money contributed by Christians who support them. I don't know of any certified ministers feeding Ethiopia with a boy's lunch. But I do know many are fed using money to buy food and medicines.

Put your healing power to the test! Show it and be famous for it, like Jesus was. Meanwhile I must assume your claim to be a scam of some sort. Maybe you think you are Benny Hinn?

Why are you spending more on internet fees than what it would take to feed a starving child you will never meet? Own a nice vehicle. Shame. Live in a house instead of a tent, or a rock for a pillow? If so you have more than Jesus had. Shame.

You refuse wealth so you can live happily in poverty, perhaps homeless by choice so you can appear holy? Choosing the curses of the Law to feel righteous?

I choose the blessings God offers to the righteous, providing what it takes to promote the gospel of Christ around the world. According to your belief I must "bless" you with "may you never be cursed with wealth or even plenty enough to give to those who lack, else Satan tempt you to be of help to anyone" since you reject the idea of having money to give, only blessing with great miracles like the apostles showed.

Which is more likely to provide?
You could not be more wrong and you "think" just like the little wof'er you are. And no, I'm not the one that goes around claiming everyone should be healed and if their not they don't have enough faith or the person has sin in their life.

I'm also not the one who teaches the doctrines of demons like Jesus dying spiritually and being tortured in hell by Satan and his minions until God the Father bellows out "enough" and then Jesus is born again in hell. I'm not the one who prophesied that Jesus never claimed to be God like copeland did in his "Believers Voice of Victory" magazine or that a person will be in their kitchen making brownies and they all of a sudden will be "astro traveled" to another city to tell someone about the gospel.

Or how about the teachings that Jesus wore designer clothes and lived in a mansion and because He had a treasure He had to be rich. No, I'm not that kind of person so I will tell you what I do have? I have something more valuable than wealth which is what John 14:12 states, "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do shall he also do also; AND GREATER WORKS THAT THESE SHALL HE DO, because I go to the Father." What do you think these "greater works" are word-swordsman? :eek: Btw, do you follow this type of behavior?

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Being blessed (whether spiritually or in the natural) often means that you have more than those around you.

I'm not saying Kenneth Copeland is using his blessings correctly. And I'm not saying you or I are always using our blessings correctly.

But in agreement with Word_Swordsman, I would suggest that berating those you feel have too much, instead of praying for them, is NOT a godly response.

Love in Jesus,
Kelby
What I am saying is Copeland is damned and preaching a false gospel.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Being blessed (whether spiritually or in the natural) often means that you have more than those around you.

I'm not saying Kenneth Copeland is using his blessings correctly. And I'm not saying you or I are always using our blessings correctly.

But in agreement with Word_Swordsman, I would suggest that berating those you feel have too much, instead of praying for them, is NOT a godly response.

Love in Jesus,
Kelby
This is why I think charismatics/Pentecostals/Word of Faith people lack ZERO credibility.

They simply cannot fathom that guys like Copeland, who are really only the extreme examples, are likely not even Christians, because they've bought into the fantasy world of charismatics/Pentecostals/Word of Faith people.

I have never met a person from this subculture that I find credible. Zero. If I listen to them long enough, I will find out they are simply childish.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
praise God for those that preach the gospel. If I see error.. I love them.. they are not the enemy and I still here them saying "Jesus is lord came in the flesh died on the cross for the worlds sin and was buried. Rose the 3rd day is the only way to the Father". And I still can't find anything that has more weight or power then that!

They still take truck loads of food and stuff to those in needs be it storms fires, earthquakes. And then the millions they spend over seas. I do nothing like that. They belong to a GOD! So though we are family.. I KNOW my Father will not take kindly when I speak negatively about His kids.. or for me to tell a GOD .. who I think is a real Child. All that does is He then judges me by my own words.

See the good 1st. as God does in YOU always. Then remember that GOD? yeah He was going to toss you away for ever.. had to because of sin. Yet this God you didn't even know set you free..took your place. I don't know maybe show the same mercy grace He still shows us? Oh we know we almost DEMAND Him to forgive us when we sin. And we can't do the same for those we don't know never met? How how can the light see darkness in others 1st? If we are NOT of the night/dark? See the good 1st.. pray for when they error..

WHAT if it was you.. is THIS how you would like to be talked about? For the one.. praise GOD glory to Jesus we have no say what so ever whom the Father puts in HIS book huh! Nor will He ever ask us. Other then.. did you love them pray for them forgive them as I have ALWAYS done for you? Yeah.. we just LOVE JESUS huh.. yeah.. were the REAL Christian?

How will they know you are His? This is the love you have one for another?

L

Locoponydirtman

Old news.

CS1

May 23, 2012

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
I like RC great man but he too was on TBN more than once and never once spoke to this issue. while on the show Also he has made alike of money too. So call one a heretic as they deserved to be called amen but But don't cry about now when you choose to advance your ministry instead of addressing the heretical .
Sproul's net worth is $2 million estimated. This is only an estimate and is not dependable.

Copeland, on the other hand, has a net worth of $65 million.

Quite a bit of difference.

By the way, we don't know how much of Sproul's $2 million was inherited, either. And, $2 million might seem astronomical to a lower middle class person like me, but it is much more modest to someone living in New York or Los Angeles.

The real determining factor is whether the person has a solid message, and Sproul definitely contributed a lot to modern Christians in terms of his teaching efforts. He, and Ligonier Ministries, brought a deeper doctrinal understanding of Christianity to the common man.

By the way, Ligonier has been very liberal in giving literature and study bibles to men who are incarcerated. I personally know individuals who received monthly copies of their Tabletalk magazine and a voluminous study bible upon simple request. In fact, most times they were sent a few extra books with their request.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
praise God for those that preach the gospel. If I see error.. I love them.. they are not the enemy and I still here them saying "Jesus is lord came in the flesh died on the cross for the worlds sin and was buried. Rose the 3rd day is the only way to the Father". And I still can't find anything that has more weight or power then that!

They still take truck loads of food and stuff to those in needs be it storms fires, earthquakes. And then the millions they spend over seas. I do nothing like that. They belong to a GOD! So though we are family.. I KNOW my Father will not take kindly when I speak negatively about His kids.. or for me to tell a GOD .. who I think is a real Child. All that does is He then judges me by my own words.

See the good 1st. as God does in YOU always. Then remember that GOD? yeah He was going to toss you away for ever.. had to because of sin. Yet this God you didn't even know set you free..took your place. I don't know maybe show the same mercy grace He still shows us? Oh we know we almost DEMAND Him to forgive us when we sin. And we can't do the same for those we don't know never met? How how can the light see darkness in others 1st? If we are NOT of the night/dark? See the good 1st.. pray for when they error..

WHAT if it was you.. is THIS how you would like to be talked about? For the one.. praise GOD glory to Jesus we have no say what so ever whom the Father puts in HIS book huh! Nor will He ever ask us. Other then.. did you love them pray for them forgive them as I have ALWAYS done for you? Yeah.. we just LOVE JESUS huh.. yeah.. were the REAL Christian?

How will they know you are His? This is the love you have one for another?
Even real Christians can be quite ignorant, but it is not love to simply ignore the problems with their theology. However, you are right in that more mature believers should pray for them, that they would be taken out of their deception.

J

jaybird88

God called poverty a curse, and plenty a blessing. Oppose Him if you will, then suffer. Judge the blessed and be cursed.
Be ye possibly comforted living under a bridge in a cardboard box, calling that blessedness if you will. God will not bless that, but will tolerate it.

The poor always curse the prosperous. They curse those who work hard and do well, resenting their comforts. Apparently you damners of prosperity need to experience abject poverty to appreciate the blessings of God. That's very easy to come by in the abscence of God's blessing. Reject it all you wish. God will allow.

Our county has over 1300 unfilled jobs on a continual basis, spiking to over 1800 last year People apply, but if it involves hard work, they don't return. Many hold out for welfare benefits which are tightening. The prosperous citizens create the jobs, while the lazy seem to expect the rich to do all the work.

Are any of you among those poor resenting opportunities to advance in life?
looks like someone fell for the prosperity gospel hook line and sinker.

The poor always curse the prosperous. They curse those who work hard and do well, resenting their comforts. Apparently you damners of prosperity need to experience abject poverty to appreciate the blessings of God. That's very easy to come by in the abscence of God's blessing. Reject it all you wish. God will allow.
first of all people like copeland have never done an honest days work in their life. they feed off those that do honest work, like vultures. being a hard worker does not make you a good Christian. Jeff Skilling of Enron worked 16 hour days 6 days a week and look at all the lives he destroyed.

God called poverty a curse, and plenty a blessing.
if you really believe this then Jesus, the 12, st Paul, etc can not be your example because they all lived lives of poverty depending on the charity of others to support them, that was their example and that was the command of Jesus.
blessings of plenty, according to copeland and the other prosperity preachers, is about money, lots and lots of money. makes me think of creflo dollar tiptoe dancing on the money in front of his congregation screaming MONEY!!! the whole time, yeah he really did that.
and if lots of money really were a sign of the Lords blessing then the people of walstreet should be the most godly people in the US, when in fact we know these are the most un godly people on the planet, hard workers, but their lives are full of drug addiction, prostitution, lying, and wicked schemes. every action the commit makes the world a worse place.

Apr 5, 2020
I am far from being a television admirer nor a fan of televangelists. But after reading this thread, I had no idea how judgemental some here are. I guess I have never met perfect people before. It's just a shock to think followers of Christ are this hateful.

Apr 2, 2020
I am far from being a television admirer nor a fan of televangelists. But after reading this thread, I had no idea how judgemental some here are. I guess I have never met perfect people before. It's just a shock to think followers of Christ are this hateful.
If the vitriol is simply directed at Copeland, it seems to me it may be labeled as righteous indignation. Men like him are wicked devourers of widows houses.

Apr 5, 2020
If the vitriol is simply directed at Copeland, it seems to me it may be labeled as righteous indignation. Men like him are wicked devourers of widows houses.

You will never hear me disagreeing with everything you just said. I have no doubts many, besides Copeland, can be added to your viewpoint. I rather pray for the man. He does quite a bit to tear his own self down without my help. I don't agree with his doctrine nor his idealism. But even as I am being judged by God, and my Discernment warns me of him, I still believe in his beginning he was once anointed. And God is clear to not touch His anointed.

J

jaybird88

where i come from we just call em scumbags.