Thanking Him Is Important - Why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

philip413

Aug 11, 2018
I thought I could share a little thought on gratitude. It's always good to look up to God even in your hard times and tell him a simply Thank You. When you mean it, he listens and smiles at you. Obviously, he doesn't appear right in front of you and show that he is smiling. It's just a feel! I hope you get the context of it. Most of us have tons of expectations like, I want this and that under assumptions of happiness. But, we fail consciously or unconsciously to see what we are blessed with. For an instance, having a glass of water to drink tells us that we are blessed vs the people who don't have it. We've got to nurture ourselves to expand our view, feel and thank him now and then. When you are in trouble times, think of Jesus - the Son of God, the King who could have saved himself. But he didn't do it, he went through all sufferings and was crucified in agony. Well, I am not going in more detail as you should know about Jesus already! The point is simple, feel free to look up and Thank Him!

Good Reference would be JOB from the BIBLE.

Feel free to leave your comments.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Oh yes, philip... your example of a glass of water is so much... to me. It is said that when we get thirsty we're already dehydrated! So when i have the chance to drink before i get thirsty, i know that is something to be thankful for. I know a lot of people who do not drink enough, too busy or lazy perhaps.. then sadly wonder when they get sick.. i just remind some of them when i can haha.

I'm thankful for the time God is giving me today too-- to work on some things. I pray i show how grateful i am by using my time wisely too=), coz i could be distracted by many bits of things wc arent essential, but which get my attention!

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
Psalm 50:23 New International Version (NIV)

23 Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me, and to the blameless I will show my salvation.”

Now you know why it is important.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for the reminder, Philip. I love to begin my day with a heart fill of gratitude and thanks giving. One of my favorite verses is
Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

Nov 22, 2018
Oh yes, philip... your example of a glass of water is so much... to me. It is said that when we get thirsty we're already dehydrated! So when i have the chance to drink before i get thirsty, i know that is something to be thankful for. I know a lot of people who do not drink enough, too busy or lazy perhaps.. then sadly wonder when they get sick.. i just remind some of them when i can haha.

I'm thankful for the time God is giving me today too-- to work on some things. I pray i show how grateful i am by using my time wisely too=), coz i could be distracted by many bits of things wc arent essential, but which get my attention!
Thank you mar that's a strong scripture. I shared the same scripture yesterday on one of the christian watsup group i created and it did wonders it touched people and someone just gave a strong testimony and everyone was touch by it. We have to continue to share the word of God you don't know whose life it might change