that awkward moment when...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
I work at a bank in the drive-through part. We have dog biscuits that we send out in the tubes because people bring their dogs in their cars. So...

That awkward moment where you send out a dog biscuit to a car because it looked like they had a poodle in the passenger seat but really it was their grandma.

To be fair, the hair was curly and white like a poodle and I couldn't see them very well...until after they drove off and I realized it was a person. Whoops.
LOL that's one of the funniest stories I ever heard. :D

W

Wood-Note

The awkward moment when you see someone that looks someone you know and you waved at them and called their name and it's not them. 0.0
That awkward moment when you are the one being waved at and called.

A

arwen83

That awkward moment when you call the wrong number and realize that the guy has the same name as the guy you were intending on calling. But when you ask for that person, you are talking to his wife/girlfriend. You realize that you have the wrong number and try to hang up, but she is trying to grill you. You hang up, then she calls back 4 times before you pick up and try to explain to her that you don't know her husband/boyfriend and hang up. Then the boyfriend/husband calls you and apologizes and confirms with you that you don't know each other

That awkward moment when you realize that you are an unintentional home-wrecker

True story.

Z

zaoman32

That awkward moment when you call the wrong number and realize that the guy has the same name as the guy you were intending on calling. But when you ask for that person, you are talking to his wife/girlfriend. You realize that you have the wrong number and try to hang up, but she is trying to grill you. You hang up, then she calls back 4 times before you pick up and try to explain to her that you don't know her husband/boyfriend and hang up. Then the boyfriend/husband calls you and apologizes and confirms with you that you don't know each other

That awkward moment when you realize that you are an unintentional home-wrecker

True story.
That's so awesome I don't even know how to respond. Laughing...unapologetically.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
That's so awesome I don't even know how to respond. Laughing...unapologetically.
I too am laughing at arwen's predicament. But I'm lady enough to say "I'm sorry." :p

Jan 28, 2012
reading all these have made laugh I had to check it out and yes I have done one of them lol

A

arwen83

I know!!! Like what are the chances?!!? Poor fella has to deal with the consequences of a paranoid gf/wife. Who knows what damage I caused lol :rolleyes:

I'm trouble I tell ya. Trouble

A

adekruif

That awkward moment when you send a text to the wrong person....and it has some relevance to the previous conversation and you feel like a creeper. O_0

M

MarkayMrk777

The awkward moment when you are frantically reading through all
the posts trying to figure out what the conspiracy theory is and
people are doing "The awkward moment... type stuff" and you
start thinking maybe this is an "Awkward moment" conspiracy.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I wish I hadn't had all these awkward moments but here's another one!

That awkward moment when your best friend texts you asking what you think of her boyfriend and you end up sending your response to her boyfriend on accident.

What's worse is that I didn't like her boyfriend, so...

G

GRA

I work at a bank in the drive-through part. We have dog biscuits that we send out in the tubes because people bring their dogs in their cars. So...

That awkward moment where you send out a dog biscuit to a car because it looked like they had a poodle in the passenger seat but really it was their grandma.

To be fair, the hair was curly and white like a poodle and I couldn't see them very well...until after they drove off and I realized it was a person. Whoops.
That awkward moment when...

you realize as you are chewing the 'treat' that the girl at the bank gave you - that it is a dog biscuit... :eek:

( I wonder if 'grandma' ate the biscuit? )

:D

C

Chrissy77

That awkward moment when you send a text to the wrong person....and it has some relevance to the previous conversation and you feel like a creeper. O_0
This was exactly what I was going to say except thankfully it wasn't me who was the sender. I was on the receiving end of this many times.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
That awkward moment when...

You say hi to someone and they just mumble something under their breath.

You're texting and the person beside you is trying to read your message.:mad:

You say bye to someone and then you both walk off in the same direction.

The pastor tells a joke in church and everyone laughs for a brief moment and stop, but you continue laughing and cannot stop.

A

arwen83

When you're walking down a hallway alone, and someone walks in at the moment you pass them which causes you to walk together, then you both realize that you're walking together but you don't know each other so one person tries to pick up the pace so they're ahead of you, but there isn't enough body language indicating who should go first so you both end up picking up the pace and are still walking together but now just faster, you realize what you are both trying to do and one decides to walk slower.

This happened to me today, a part of me got frustrated that he picked up the pace and felt like it was a competition. A part of me wanted to show him up and be like 'HA! I'm in the lead! You are now forced to fall behind, slow-paced dude!' But instead, I slowed my pace and smirked on how awkward that was.

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
That awkward moment when................ you ask your girlfriend to marry you, and she says "Not yet, I want to keep my options open."

That awkward moment when................ you spill milk and somebody starts crying (I thought that was just a myth, so I didn't know what to do).

That awkward moment when................ you go to the beach naked, only to realize the sign did not say "Nude Beach" it said "Prude Beach" (now that's what I call a totally opposite misunderstanding!!!). I received a lot of phone numbers from women that day, but they were not their personal numbers, they were numbers for local Sanitariums.

C

Chrissy77

I have noticed this same thing happens when you are driving. You are both merging at the same time and it seems neither knows who should speed up or who should stay at the speed you are currently going. I am always the one who refuses to slow down or speed up but it must drive people insane to be driving along spot on next to me because they ALWAYS speed up. lol

The awkward moment when... you are stuck driving neck in neck next to me.

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
I have noticed this same thing happens when you are driving. You are both merging at the same time and it seems neither knows who should speed up or who should stay at the speed you are currently going. I am always the one who refuses to slow down or speed up but it must drive people insane to be driving along spot on next to me because they ALWAYS speed up. lol

The awkward moment when... you are stuck driving neck in neck next to me.
That awkward moment when............... you accidentally cut-off Chrissy on the highway, and she drives up beside you yelling and screaming, and then she flips you the bird and speeds off. That was "really" awkward, so I just decided to pray for her!!!

By the way Chrissy, why does your license plate say ILUVROADRAGE??? Nevermind, after my encounter with you on the highway, I now understand!!!

N

NukePooch

That awkward moment when someone spotted me on a flight from Minneapolis to Denver (and I lived in Tennessee)...who knew all about me, sat across the aisle from me on the plane, and talked to me the entire flight...and I still have no clue who she was.

The many, many awkward moments when some lady comes dragging up a girl with deer-in-headlights look to try and get us married right on-the-spot.

The awkward moment when I went out on stage in front of 1000 people to give a new microphone to a singer, who stared at me with arms crossed, then told the crowd that I was "...the biggest Amish guy she'd ever seen..."