The 10 Commandments

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
I am against righteousness which comes from the law the law will
Never make you righteous

And no. I Am not talking about salvation although that fits also
I never claimed that righteousness "comes" from the Law, it is a Godly Standard that is to be kept forever in our view. It, the Ten Commandments, is a guide to righteous living, both towards God and man. While fallen man cannot keep it, it does not invalidate it's pure teaching.

Like all saved believers, we are dressed in Christ's Righteousness alone. Without that, we are truly lost.

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
Paul can be disputed, but not refuted ;)
I was claiming that my response in no way "refutes" Paul. The definition of "refute", as understood in the English, is: "disprove", "deny" or "reject".

I take exception to your statement, "Paul can be disputed,....". Really??? God's chosen Apostle, who wrote by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, can be disputed? I think not.

As believers, we may dispute with one another but we dare not dispute with God's Holy Word.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I was claiming that my response in no way "refutes" Paul. The definition of "refute", as understood in the English, is: "disprove", "deny" or "reject".

I take exception to your statement, "Paul can be disputed,....". Really??? God's chosen Apostle, who wrote by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, can be disputed? I think not.

As believers, we may dispute with one another but we dare not dispute with God's Holy Word.
Since people dispute (debate) Paul? He can be disputed. However, he cannot be refuted (proved wrong is the definition).

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
God does not fail

hebrew roots fail because they go to the symbol and minimize the reality
On what do you base your accusation of anyone who believes in the old testament as scripture, as is meant by Hebrew roots? I would like to see your evidence.

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
Since people dispute (debate) Paul? He can be disputed. However, he cannot be refuted (proved wrong is the definition).
Either you are incapable of seeing a point, are you just reject my comments out of hand because you do not like my Doctrinal views. I do not have the last word on Biblical Doctrine but I do have a word.

Whether you saw the point I was making Objective vs. Subjective, is in your court. I look for no commendation or approval by man. As in all things, let God be the Judge.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Either you are incapable of seeing a point, are you just reject my comments out of hand because you do not like my Doctrinal views. I do not have the last word on Biblical Doctrine but I do have a word.

Whether you saw the point I was making Objective vs. Subjective, is in your court. I look for no commendation or approval by man. As in all things, let God be the Judge.
What I hear is blah blah blah, as you reject word definitions to split hairs trying to make me wrong about something you imagine to be true, but is not. In other words, in your own words, you are incapable of seeing a point. In fact, I was not even disputing what you said, but what EG said! However, you miss that point entirely, also.

E

eternally-gratefull

I never claimed that righteousness "comes" from the Law, it is a Godly Standard that is to be kept forever in our view. It, the Ten Commandments, is a guide to righteous living, both towards God and man. While fallen man cannot keep it, it does not invalidate it's pure teaching.

Like all saved believers, we are dressed in Christ's Righteousness alone. Without that, we are truly lost.
It’s not a guide. If it is you just contradicted yourself saying that our righteousness does not come from the law

E

eternally-gratefull

On what do you base your accusation of anyone who believes in the old testament as scripture, as is meant by Hebrew roots? I would like to see your evidence.
I never made any such accusation

once again, your inability discern what people say needs serious help

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I never made any such accusation

once again, your inability discern what people say needs serious help
It was what Grandpa wrote. My help comes from the Lord and scripture, I'm retired and spend hours each day with that help. I am sorry we so often disagree about scripture. It so often seems to make you angry. I love scripture, it is hard for me not to speak about it, I hope your anger can be soothed. I will put you on ignore and not respond to you, I hope that will help.

My studies tell me that in the 40's there was a change in the world as prophecies began to come true after 2,000 years of silence from the Lord. I am fascinated with the study of those changes, it as if the last days are coming closer. A small part of it is that scholars are searching the old testament closer, some even taking the study too close. I feel protective of those studies. I am sorry if it upsets you.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I do so stress/grieve when disputings come about because of mis-understandings...
But think of the disputes and misunderstandings during the three years Christ was teaching. We have to hold close to Christ and let them rage around us, but never touching our souls. I'll try harder.

I have been separated from the church by becoming crippled, and go to scripture only to replace it. It has made me a rebel, I'm afraid. I have read of others this has happened to with the same results.

Jan 25, 2015
It was what Grandpa wrote. My help comes from the Lord and scripture, I'm retired and spend hours each day with that help. I am sorry we so often disagree about scripture. It so often seems to make you angry. I love scripture, it is hard for me not to speak about it, I hope your anger can be soothed. I will put you on ignore and not respond to you, I hope that will help.

My studies tell me that in the 40's there was a change in the world as prophecies began to come true after 2,000 years of silence from the Lord. I am fascinated with the study of those changes, it as if the last days are coming closer. A small part of it is that scholars are searching the old testament closer, some even taking the study too close. I feel protective of those studies. I am sorry if it upsets you.
Somewhere in the Bible (can't remember where :unsure:) it says that God will give us new knowledge in the end days (paraphrasing like crazy now)...

Jan 25, 2015
Somewhere in the Bible (can't remember where :unsure:) it says that God will give us new knowledge in the end days (paraphrasing like crazy now)...
I only recently saw it but I have to think what I was busy with to try and find the verse again :(

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It does seem to be how our time is shaping up, now. The roots movement started after the aftermath of Hitler resulted in the return of the Jews to Israel. Some of the scholars who are financed by that movement have a policy of strictly staying with scripture and carefully keep their personal thoughts out of their writing, or if they interpret they tell you so and why. I have found that people who have worked with the dead sea scrolls seem to be the most accurate when reporting history of the Jews. When I study Hebrew history I carefully check their background for ties with these scrolls. The scrolls were found in the 40's. I have read that they were the scrolls that were discarded because they were worn, and they felt no scripture should be destroyed. They are the oldest information that has been found.

Jan 25, 2015
It does seem to be how our time is shaping up, now. The roots movement started after the aftermath of Hitler resulted in the return of the Jews to Israel. Some of the scholars who are financed by that movement have a policy of strictly staying with scripture and carefully keep their personal thoughts out of their writing, or if they interpret they tell you so and why. I have found that people who have worked with the dead sea scrolls seem to be the most accurate when reporting history of the Jews. When I study Hebrew history I carefully check their background for ties with these scrolls. The scrolls were found in the 40's. I have read that they were the scrolls that were discarded because they were worn, and they felt no scripture should be destroyed. They are the oldest information that has been found.
It is not possible to read the English Bible and understand the full extent of the Messianic prophesies in the OT. In saying this I don't say we can't build a relationship with God without the Hebrew writings. We can because He is God.

What I am saying is that once you start to see and understand these pictures it becomes impossible to deny that God is Creator, Savior and all the other titles. I am only at the beginning of my Hebrew journey; what I did was to get myself a teacher that has the fruit of the Spirit and teach me in humbleness. In am giving all praise to Abba for providing me with such a mentor as I wouldn't have made progress in a traditional Protestant churches in SA... in fact I would have lost interest long ago because I do not associate myself with them.

Again there are very warm Christians in these churches but I wasn't one of them. I was a philistine. Hebrew opened my eyes to the mysteries of God. My relationship went next level because of my understanding and I am grateful for that.

God bless friends.

E

eternally-gratefull

Lol. Saying I said something I did not say is not scripture. You do that all the time to people. Then when they call you out in it this is what you do

You need to look inside

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Lol. Saying I said something I did not say is not scripture. You do that all the time to people. Then when they call you out in it this is what you do

You need to look inside
I know I said I wouldn't respond to your taunts of me, but I do want to defent myself from you. You said "hebrew roots fail because they go to the symbol and minimize the reality". Hebrew roots is looking to the roots (the old testament) Christianity to understand God. I cut to the chase by calling it the old testament instead of roots, they mean the same thing.

You are accusing them of mimimizing the reality which is Christ crucified. That is a very extreme horrible thing to say about anyone and the reality of it is that the whole purpose of the old testament is to exam the reality of Christ. I don't think you are right to attack me for defending this study.

I know this will make you more angry, I wish it didn't and I could freely defend myself.

E

eternally-gratefull

I know I said I wouldn't respond to your taunts of me, but I do want to defent myself from you. You said "hebrew roots fail because they go to the symbol and minimize the reality". Hebrew roots is looking to the roots (the old testament) Christianity to understand God. I cut to the chase by calling it the old testament instead of roots, they mean the same thing.

You are accusing them of mimimizing the reality which is Christ crucified. That is a very extreme horrible thing to say about anyone and the reality of it is that the whole purpose of the old testament is to exam the reality of Christ. I don't think you are right to attack me for defending this study.

I know this will make you more angry, I wish it didn't and I could freely defend myself.
You claimed that I have accused people of Here I will quote your own words

in essence claiming I said anyone who believes in the OT as scripture is Hebrew roots. Is WRONG. I have never made such a claim

And I am not angry. I am calling out someone who bears false witness against others because for whatever reason she fails to grasp what they are saying. Or is willfully saying things to make herself look Good
either way. When you push the commands yet at the same time continually break on if the very commands your pushing. Your a hypocrite.

Once again wake up and look inside. Stop blaming everyone else for your own issues!

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
You claimed that I have accused people of Here I will quote your own words

in essence claiming I said anyone who believes in the OT as scripture is Hebrew roots. Is WRONG. I have never made such a claim

And I am not angry. I am calling out someone who bears false witness against others because for whatever reason she fails to grasp what they are saying. Or is willfully saying things to make herself look Good
either way. When you push the commands yet at the same time continually break on if the very commands your pushing. Your a hypocrite.

Once again wake up and look inside. Stop blaming everyone else for your own issues!
And so it does not stop but continues. I have read some posts of yours that are truths of Christ, you do know Him.

E

eternally-gratefull

And so it does not stop but continues. I have read some posts of yours that are truths of Christ, you do know Him.
Yeah it continues

you refuse to acknowledge you said I am saying things I have never said

you made a claim I said nothing I never did, can you humble yourself enough to admit you made a mistake