The Age of the Universe

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
I have read the Bible five times. I always read and study the begats. It is clear that the gentiles did not descend from Adam and Eve in the Bible. This is why we are adopted into the family of God and like a branch grafted onto a tree. "For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either. " (Romans 11:21)
I think you better read it a 6th time; the gentiles are descendants of Adam & Eve.

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; Acts 17:26

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Romans 5:12 (KJV)

Dec 30, 2019
I don't know which bible you've been reading, but your conclusion regarding the gentiles is simply not biblical.
Actually I was going by science and what we learn from the DNA. One interesting finding is what they call the Cohen gene. This is the first of the 12 tribes they have isolated and discovered the genetic purity of the sons of Aaron, the brother of Moses. We are told that there will be 12,000 from each tribe for a total of 144,000 that God has kept pure onto Himself. You can go to Wiki and study up on the Jewish haplogroup J2a (J-M410). With a simple DNA test you can discover what your heritage is and where your ancestors came from. These tests stand up in a court of law. If they say: "You are the father" that means if they take you to court you will have to pay child support. I ran a DNA test on my son and it turned out to be what I thought it was going to be. I was pretty surprised that I was as accurate as I was with what I had to work with. Only I did not get the percentages right. It turned out my son has a lot more mongolian and a lot less middle east. He was like 33% of the one and only 3% of the other. No one has ever guessed that he is asian. They say black or mexican but he does not look asian to people.

The "Jewish" people have a lot of inbreeding for a rather small group. So they have a lot of genetic diseases. They do a lot of research in Jerusalem to try and cure the diseases they have to deal with. So they know quite a bit about their DNA because of this. Although they do not go by the DNA to determine if a person is "Jewish" or not. Usually they follow the mother to determine who is "Jewish". In a fascinating study published in 2006, it was shown that 40% of all Ashkenazi Jews are descended from just four Jewish women who lived more than 1,000 years ago. This is an interesting subject. I have studied DNA ever since the late 60's. I try to keep up with some of the recent research.

Attachments

Dec 30, 2019
I think you better read it a 6th time; the gentiles are descendants of Adam & Eve.
What university did you get your PhD in Biochemistry from? Have you read the begats in the Bible 5 times? Maybe you have not even read them the first time.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Actually I was going by science and what we learn from the DNA.
Then your earlier post should have said so. Here it is...

I have read the Bible five times. I always read and study the begats. It is clear that the gentiles did not descend from Adam and Eve in the Bible. This is why we are adopted into the family of God and like a branch grafted onto a tree. "For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either. " (Romans 11:21)
There isn't even a hint in that post that you were "going by science and what we learn from DNA". Instead, with your statement about having read the Bible five times, I guarantee you that nearly every person on this forum who reads that will think you were making a statement about the content of the Bible.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
This word for living: "Chay" refers to all living creatures including the birds.
Are you suggesting that in the context of the sentence the word meaning living (creature, thing) could possibly apply to anything other than human beings?
Bear in mind that we know from the Genesis account all other living things were created prior to Adam & Eve and were capable of reproducing themselves.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
A day is 1,000 years...
My, that makes me for every year old I am 365,000 years...what about a leap year, do I get a "366,000" year?

Dec 30, 2019
Are you suggesting that in the context of the sentence the word meaning living (creature, thing) could possibly apply to anything other than human beings?
I am suggesting that Eve in the Bible is not the mother of all the people alive on earth today. I can understand your conclusion from looking at that passage but that must not be what that passage means. Eve had two sons, Cain and Abel. We are told that Cain killed Abel and that Cain would be: "cursed and banished". "Cain said to the LORD, “My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, this day You have driven me from the face of the earth, and from Your face I will be hidden; I will be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.” (Genesis 4:13) What is this: "whoever finds me will kill me". Clearly there are people living outside of Eden (Adamah). This is what history tells us and this is what Science tells us. There were people living in Nineveh 9,000 years ago. We do not see Eve in the Garden of Eden until 6,000 years ago. Göbekli Tepe Turkey is believed to be 10,000 years old. Yet Eve is in Eden 6,000 years ago. If we go back 40,000 years we find sewing needles and fish hooks made out of bone, along with fishing nets. These sort of artifacts go back long before Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Chedder man goes back 10,000 years and from the DNA found in his tooth they found a living relatives of his working at the university in the nearby city. Again 4,000 years before Adam and Eve.

"THE WORLD’S OLDEST SEWING NEEDLE has been discovered in Siberia’s Denisova Cave, and it doesn’t look like it was made by Homo sapiens. According to the Siberian Times, the little needle was likely created by an extinct species of human known as the Denisovans.

The needle is made of an unidentified bird bone, measuring just under three inches long, and is thought to date back some 50,000 years. It even has an eye carved in the top through which to string thread. As the article points out, it’s probably still usable today." https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/found-the-worlds-oldest-sewing-needle

Attachments

Sep 14, 2019
I am suggesting that Eve in the Bible is not the mother of all the people alive on earth today. I can understand your conclusion from looking at that passage but that must not be what that passage means. Eve had two sons, Cain and Abel. We are told that Cain killed Abel and that Cain would be: "cursed and banished". "Cain said to the LORD, “My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, this day You have driven me from the face of the earth, and from Your face I will be hidden; I will be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.” (Genesis 4:13) What is this: "whoever finds me will kill me". Clearly there are people living outside of Eden (Adamah). This is what history tells us and this is what Science tells us. There were people living in Nineveh 9,000 years ago. We do not see Eve in the Garden of Eden until 6,000 years ago. Göbekli Tepe Turkey is believed to be 10,000 years old. Yet Eve is in Eden 6,000 years ago. If we go back 40,000 years we find sewing needles and fish hooks made out of bone, along with fishing nets. These sort of artifacts go back long before Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Chedder man goes back 10,000 years and from the DNA found in his tooth they found a living relatives of his working at the university in the nearby city. Again 4,000 years before Adam and Eve.

"THE WORLD’S OLDEST SEWING NEEDLE has been discovered in Siberia’s Denisova Cave, and it doesn’t look like it was made by Homo sapiens. According to the Siberian Times, the little needle was likely created by an extinct species of human known as the Denisovans.

The needle is made of an unidentified bird bone, measuring just under three inches long, and is thought to date back some 50,000 years. It even has an eye carved in the top through which to string thread. As the article points out, it’s probably still usable today." https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/found-the-worlds-oldest-sewing-needle
Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters and given their life span they probably had a lot of them.

Gen 5:4 After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019

You can follow Jesus's paternal genealogy back to Noah then on back to Adam and Eve ..

Dec 30, 2019
You left out Gen 1:1 .. God had to create the heaven to put it and the earth before He could form it . Right ?
I have spent a LOT of time to study Gen 1:1. Even the first word Beginning lays the foundation for the rest of the Bible. A very important word in Gen 1:1 is the word: "AND". If we study the letters that make up the first word in the Bible: "Beginning" one interpretation of this is: The Son of God (Ben) was given as a Grain Offering so that Heaven and Earth could be reconciled. This lays the foundation for the rest of the Bible. The first letter in the Bible, the B represents a tent or a dwelling. This shows us God's desire to dwell with man. Even God humbled Himself as Jesus did not come to be served. Jesus came to dwell with us as a Servant. Even He is the Son of God.

We could spend our whole life to study the first three chapters in Genesis. When we are finish we would just be getting started because God is infinite and to learn about God goes on forever.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I have spent a LOT of time to study Gen 1:1. Even the first word Beginning lays the foundation for the rest of the Bible. A very important word in Gen 1:1 is the word: "AND". If we study the letters that make up the first word in the Bible: "Beginning" one interpretation of this is: The Son of God (Ben) was given as a Grain Offering so that Heaven and Earth could be reconciled. This lays the foundation for the rest of the Bible. The first letter in the Bible, the B represents a tent or a dwelling. This shows us God's desire to dwell with man. Even God humbled Himself as Jesus did not come to be served. Jesus came to dwell with us as a Servant. Even He is the Son of God.

We could spend our whole life to study the first three chapters in Genesis. When we are finish we would just be getting started because God is infinite and to learn about God goes on forever.
Physical creation is subject to time ''the beginning'' started time ''the End'' will be the end of time

Dec 30, 2019
Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters and given their life span they probably had a lot of them.
Ok, so your theory is that Cain was worried that he would be killed by another brother who like Cain was banished from Eden. "whoever finds me will kill me.” (Genesis 4:13) Then we read: "Cain had relations with his wife, and she conceived and gave birth to Enoch. Then Cain built a city and named it after his son Enoch." (Genesis 4:17) I am sure you will say that can married a sister and they had so many kids together that they had to build a city to contain them all.

Have you ever heard of Mesopotamia? Have you studied the Ancient history of the Tigris Euphrates River valley "Mesopotamia is the site of the earliest developments of the Neolithic Revolution from around 10,000 BC". (Wiki) I personally have spend a lot of time to study the beginning of farming and civilization. Science is very interested in this subject. They have put a lot of research and study into this in the last 100 years. The Bible is a very accurate history book. For over 100 years archeology has continued to confirm how accurate and true the Bible is. We continue to find artifacts that verify the Bible. Even if they challenge our interpretation. Each generation has to discover the Bible fresh for themselves. They can not rely on their parents understanding.

Abraham was actually the first to cross over the river. That is what "Hebrew" means. Just like the descendants of Abraham had to cross over the Jordan river to enter into the promised land. After they wandered in the wilderness for 40 years. The stacked up 12 stones to mark where they crossed over the river. One for each of the 12 tribes or descendants of Abraham that would claim their inheritance on the promised land.

Dec 30, 2019
Physical creation is subject to time ''the beginning'' started time ''the End'' will be the end of time
I did remodeling and renovation for a living, so I know all about corruption and decay and the need for restoration.

Dec 30, 2019
You can follow Jesus's paternal genealogy back to Noah then on back to Adam and Eve ..
Yes you can. They call that the Scarlet thread. To the serpent God said: "And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel.” (Genesis 3:15) There is a VERY interesting passage in 1 Timothy 2:14,15 about this: "And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression. Women, however, will be saved through childbearing, if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control".

We are told that "women will be saved through childbearing". I think this birthing of Jesus into the world is symbolic and literal. I also believe this is a promise from God to keep women safe IF they: "continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control".

Does it make you wonder if Eve & Mary were to meet up in Heaven, what sort of a conversation would they have with each other? The Hasidic people believe that the reason Adam lived 930 years instead of 1,000 years allotted to him is because he gave 70 years of his life to David.

Dec 30, 2019
Lets talk about Super Sonic Sixth Day. Did all this happened below in a 24 hour time frame or is day 6 (which most of genesis 2 is referring to) a period of time longer than 24 hours.
Somewhere these was or is a 24 hour day that contains all time and all of history. I am a dispensationalist where one day is equal to 1,000 years. The age or era we live in began 12,990 years ago when the ice melted. There was a 90% extinction at the time. This is when the woolly mammoths and Saber tooth tigers died off and went extinct. The Crocodile and Turtle survived this extinction. They were a part of the 10% remnant that repopulated the Earth. We find Adam and Eve in the Garden in Eden on the Eighth day. God rested on the seventh day. We are very close to the beginning of the last day. The 1,000 year reign of Christ. This is known as the Kingdom age when the Kingdoms of this world become the Kingdoms of God. People talk about the manifest sons (daughters) of God. When we become joint heirs with Christ.

A day is actually 23 hours 56 minutes and 4.1 seconds. There is talk about a perfect day. So a literal 24 hour day has not actually happened yet. I am assuming that a literal 24 hour day would give us a 360 day year. Instead of 364 1/4 days. So for me a literal 24 hour day has not happened yet.

Dec 30, 2019
"But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day." (Proverbs 4:8)

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I did remodeling and renovation for a living, so I know all about corruption and decay and the need for restoration.
I worked in mechanical construction and we had to create a working point to work from then create a foundation, the get the materials then cut weld and build according to plan ..

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Yes you can. They call that the Scarlet thread. To the serpent God said: "And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel.” (Genesis 3:15) There is a VERY interesting passage in 1 Timothy 2:14,15 about this: "And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression. Women, however, will be saved through childbearing, if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control".

We are told that "women will be saved through childbearing". I think this birthing of Jesus into the world is symbolic and literal. I also believe this is a promise from God to keep women safe IF they: "continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control".

Does it make you wonder if Eve & Mary were to meet up in Heaven, what sort of a conversation would they have with each other? The Hasidic people believe that the reason Adam lived 930 years instead of 1,000 years allotted to him is because he gave 70 years of his life to David.
All people since the great flood come from Noah who was from Adam and Eve ..