The Age of the Universe

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
I liked your read there’s a few things I think differently but it’s minor, but on the above heaven as space is matter as well. God is in His Heaven that Heaven is before the known heaven the universe. Is there space between matter yes there is but God created the heaven meaning it is something it’s not a unoccupied area
I agree, there are Three Heavens, there is the Throne Room outside our Universe. There is the Universes Heavens/Galaxies and there is our Heaven via our biosphere dome. Something I didn't mention in this blog is the porion where God says he MOVED ON THE FACE OF THE WATERS, then said let there be light. All light needs to be reflected or it doesn't do much lighting up of things. It seems God used water of our Atmosphere to REFLECT the light in order for us to have the kind of daylight we have. Light comes at us in a beam, with no reflection we will not have much light. So God's word is correct there also.

Jun 10, 2019
I agree, there are Three Heavens, there is the Throne Room outside our Universe. There is the Universes Heavens/Galaxies and there is our Heaven via our biosphere dome. Something I didn't mention in this blog is the porion where God says he MOVED ON THE FACE OF THE WATERS, then said let there be light. All light needs to be reflected or it doesn't do much lighting up of things. It seems God used water of our Atmosphere to REFLECT the light in order for us to have the kind of daylight we have. Light comes at us in a beam, with no reflection we will not have much light. So God's word is correct there also.
the dividing of waters IMO isn’t just our atmosphere like other heavens, the dividing the forming of galaxies, there are some old stars as well in the universe some right in the Milky Way that have been around since the beginning.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
If

The creation account is a quick explanation on how things came to be. But it also believed to be told in a poetic fashion. Every detail isnt told and that wasn't the purpose to be a science book.

So for me I hear all these theories and they all try to fill in the gaps. Technically if you just read the scriptures there is alot we wouldn't understand about creation. But God gave us the ability to learn about how the world works. To me the creation should compliment the creator.

So by the evidence I hold my views more with a older universe.

In the end it doesn't matter to soul salvation but what some theories can do is try to take God completely out of the story. Now those we should care about and defend against.
This is a discussion and soul salvation is exactly what it's about .. There are many people who might read this and there are no devils want you to believe in God .. What you believe is your own business .. Do you know how many Christians go to college and come out with their faith wrecked because of liberal godless teaching lies as facts, how about through the years , or just since Darwin ? .. Actually it starts in 1rst grade .. 100 yrs ago and before, the US used the ''New England Primer'' as a national textbook .. Google it and see what I'm talking about first hand Bro .. 60 yrs ago school prayer , 50 yrs ago abortions on demand, and 15 yrs ago no homosexual marriages or other abominations were widely excepted .... God can speak all things into 6 days of creation if He said so .. That is my confession that it is 6 evening/morning days because He said so , and the proof is on my side if He can turn water into wine I don't need excuses ..

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Wow really? He performed his own circumcision?
He submitted willfully even insisted, what's the big difference .. Besides, I was making a joke of sorts about what I could imagine other peoples thoughts about it .. I guess you can't relate ..

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
This is a discussion and soul salvation is exactly what it's about .. There are many people who might read this and there are no devils want you to believe in God .. What you believe is your own business .. Do you know how many Christians go to college and come out with their faith wrecked because of liberal godless teaching lies as facts, how about through the years , or just since Darwin ? .. Actually it starts in 1rst grade .. 100 yrs ago and before, the US used the ''New England Primer'' as a national textbook .. Google it and see what I'm talking about first hand Bro .. 60 yrs ago school prayer , 50 yrs ago abortions on demand, and 15 yrs ago no homosexual marriages or other abominations were widely excepted .... God can speak all things into 6 days of creation if He said so .. That is my confession that it is 6 evening/morning days because He said so , and the proof is on my side if He can turn water into wine I don't need excuses ..
Yes the theories that exclude God should be resisted. But this debate within the church on how old the universe is, isn't worth dividing over.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
The Big Bang PROVES God you do understand that right ? Up until the Big Bang theory was pretty proven by the echo sound two scientists found most Scientists believed in an eternal universe, thus meaning there was no need for a Creator. The Big Bang proves there has to be a CREATOR. You are taking a positive and making it a negative. We both know God exists right ? Now Science says the Universe has a starting point, just like the bible says, whereas before they said the Universe was eternal.

How to we snatch defeat from victory ? God said LET THERE BE LIGHT !! The Laws of Nature tells us this ACTION has to be caused and thus there has to be a Being that caused it, and this ACTION would no doubt have to be a powerful action, thus BIG BANG.
Proven by an echo sound , Bwahahaha .. Do you believe Jesus believed Genesis as it is written or did He not ? Did He believe Adam and Eve as written, or Jonah, the flood , Aarons rod that sprouted, budded, flowered, and produced ripe almonds over night ? That in the last days there would be scoffers ?

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Yes the theories that exclude God should be resisted. But this debate within the church on how old the universe is, isn't worth dividing over.
Well you got yours, you can quit and go to the house, right ?

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
Proven by an echo sound , Bwahahaha .. Do you believe Jesus believed Genesis as it is written or did He not ? Did He believe Adam and Eve as written, or Jonah, the flood , Aarons rod that sprouted, budded, flowered, and produced ripe almonds over night ? That in the last days there would be scoffers ?
Cosmic Anniversary: 'Big Bang Echo' Discovered 50 Years Ago Today {2014}

Humanity's understanding of the universe took a giant leap forward 50 years ago today.

On May 20, 1964, American radio astronomers Robert Wilson and Arno Penzias discovered the cosmic microwave background radiation (CMB), the ancient light that began saturating the universe 380,000 years after its creation. And they did so pretty much by accident.
Bell Labs' Holmdale Horn Antenna in New Jersey picked up an odd buzzing sound that came from all parts of the sky at all times. The noise puzzled Wilson and Penzias, who did their best to eliminate all possible sources of interference, even removing some pigeons that were nesting in the antenna. [CMB: Big Bang Relic Explained (Infographic)]

"When we first heard that inexplicable 'hum,' we didn’t understand its significance, and we never dreamed it would be connected to the origins of the universe," Penzias said in a statement. "It wasn’t until we exhausted every possible explanation for the sound's origin that we realized we had stumbled upon something big."

And it was indeed big. Penzias and Wilson had spotted the CMB, the predicted thermal echo of the universe's explosive birth. The landmark find put the Big Bang theory on solid ground, suggesting that the cosmos did indeed grow from a tiny seed — a single point — about 13.8 billion years ago.

Looks like you are 50 years behind the factoids brother.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019

Humanity's understanding of the universe took a giant leap forward 50 years ago today.

On May 20, 1964, American radio astronomers Robert Wilson and Arno Penzias discovered the cosmic microwave background radiation (CMB), the ancient light that began saturating the universe 380,000 years after its creation. And they did so pretty much by accident.
Bell Labs' Holmdale Horn Antenna in New Jersey picked up an odd buzzing sound that came from all parts of the sky at all times. The noise puzzled Wilson and Penzias, who did their best to eliminate all possible sources of interference, even removing some pigeons that were nesting in the antenna. [CMB: Big Bang Relic Explained (Infographic)]

"When we first heard that inexplicable 'hum,' we didn’t understand its significance, and we never dreamed it would be connected to the origins of the universe," Penzias said in a statement. "It wasn’t until we exhausted every possible explanation for the sound's origin that we realized we had stumbled upon something big."

And it was indeed big. Penzias and Wilson had spotted the CMB, the predicted thermal echo of the universe's explosive birth. The landmark find put the Big Bang theory on solid ground, suggesting that the cosmos did indeed grow from a tiny seed — a single point — about 13.8 billion years ago.

Yes, I know all about it from long ago ... And I still think it's hilarious .. Doesn't the stars sing out ..

Jun 10, 2019
You may have a point about some colleges yet there is a certain amount of respect that should be recognized on science like computer sceience you would not be able to post what you did without science.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

This is a massive case of confirmation bias and the fallacy of the excluded middle.

The discovery of the CMB does not "prove" the Big Bang. Rather, it is consistent with predictions made within the Big Bang model. However, that doesn't mean it is inconsistent with every other theory.

I'll use a simple example to illustrate...

At time A, the grass is dry. At time B (later), the grass is wet. Therefore, it rained between time A and time B.

Well, that's one possibility. There are other possibilities: dew coalesced on the grass, the grass was intentionally irrigated, drift from the neighbour's powerwasher landed on the grass, the dog peed on the grass, a kid spilled water on the grass, very-wet laundry dripped onto the grass, etc.

A little simple logic is more powerful than a lot of empty factoids. :)

Jun 10, 2019
Everyone who posts believes 100% computer science is real, and it’s based on real mathematics

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
You may have a point about some colleges yet there is a certain amount of respect that should be recognized on science like computer sceience you would not be able to post what you did without science.
Hey Bro, in case you haven't noticed I love science .. And I ain't even started on this stuff yet ..

Jun 10, 2019
Hey Bro, in case you haven't noticed I love science .. And I ain't even started on this stuff yet ..
I know was I just making a point that people who bash science use it everyday of their lives without questioning it and believe it 100%, like our computers are based on mathematics so no doubt math is truth for I wouldn’t be able to type what I have just done from my thoughts to words on a screen

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
This is a massive case of confirmation bias and the fallacy of the excluded middle.

The discovery of the CMB does not "prove" the Big Bang. Rather, it is consistent with predictions made within the Big Bang model. However, that doesn't mean it is inconsistent with every other theory.

I'll use a simple example to illustrate...

At time A, the grass is dry. At time B (later), the grass is wet. Therefore, it rained between time A and time B.

Well, that's one possibility. There are other possibilities: dew coalesced on the grass, the grass was intentionally irrigated, drift from the neighbour's powerwasher landed on the grass, the dog peed on the grass, a kid spilled water on the grass, very-wet laundry dripped onto the grass, etc.

A little simple logic is more powerful than a lot of empty factoids. :)
I am only referring to it proving a CREATION POINT..........Instead of the universe being Eternal. As per all of the different type of theories I could care less. God said LET THERE BE.....that is not a theory to me that is just factual. The Big Bang proved all the 1800-s Scientific Understandings invalid, now they have to lie to themselves that SOMETHING can come from NOTHING.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
No, we don't "know" that; scientists have told us that, and we have accepted it without adequate examination.
won't we need to become scientists ourselves in order to adequately collect, examine and interpret what evidence we can find?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Not on OEC vs YEC at all, I don't trust you or your teachers, but I like many of your other posts .. (y)
Then I cant go home until we realize God will only be asking us what we did with Jesus. Not how old was the Earth. Churches got to grow up.