The Age of the Universe

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Just curious , if you think physical creation took up to billions of years how long do you say the end will take the last day for the physical creation to be consumed and no more ?
What does it matter?

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Yes the theories that exclude God should be resisted. But this debate within the church on how old the universe is, isn't worth dividing over.
Certainly isn't worth any kind of division!

However, how old you believe the universe and earth is does have a great bearing on what you believe happens in the last days, especially in the light of such verse as Dan 12v1 and Mark 13v19!

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Certainly isn't worth any kind of division!

However, how old you believe the universe and earth is does have a great bearing on what you believe happens in the last days, especially in the light of such verse as Dan 12v1 and Mark 13v19!
Agreed. Of course peoples theology will differ that is typical. But to shunn and divide over this type of issue is silly. We have to understand a lot of scripture involves faith. And faith is often the part where interpretations run wild. I have faith knowing I will never understand all of scripture and neither will anyone else. So when we divide over topics like this, i can't help but cringe.

Jun 10, 2019
Just curious , if you think physical creation took up to billions of years how long do you say the end will take the last day for the physical creation to be consumed and no more ?

Jun 10, 2019
I like this comparison man things get big in the universe

Dec 30, 2019
He submitted willfully even insisted, what's the big difference .. Besides, I was making a joke of sorts about what I could imagine other peoples thoughts about it .. I guess you can't relate ..
I can not get rid of the story of how angry Zipporah got over the issue. Exodus 4:25 'But Zipporah took a flint knife, cut off her son’s foreskin, and touched Moses’ feet with it. “Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me,” she said."

Yet somehow it is still funny. My father did surgery and often they have a sense of humor when they are dealing with a life and death situation.

Dec 30, 2019
Then I cant go home until we realize God will only be asking us what we did with Jesus.
We are told in Rev 20:12 that: "books were opened." What we do is recorded in the books. David tells us in Psalm 139:16 that God writes the book of our life at conception. That is the book we are to follow. Even if children grow up in Heaven and not here on Earth they still follow that book. I had a dream once about a daughter I have in Heaven and one of her angles was reading her book so they knew how to help her to become the person God created her to be.

Dec 30, 2019
I like this comparison man things get big in the universe
They are big because of the energy they contain. The physical universe could fit in the dot at the end of this sentence. The mark that a pen makes when it first touches the paper. Isaiah 34:4 tells us: "All the stars in the sky will be dissolved and the heavens rolled up like a scroll" Rev 6:4 "The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up". They tell us that Heaven is quite a bit bigger than Earth and the New Earth will be a lot bigger than the current Earth. As we are to pray for Earth to become as Heaven is. (Matthew 6:10)

Jun 10, 2019
LOL, I guess I got time to go fix me a sammich ..

That’s a interesting song there is a verse that says machines will do the work for you and people will pick there child from a long tube, man is that ironic that has already begun the first vitro fertilization was in 78 12 years after that song was written in 64. and we all know now much machines are now do the work for many.

Jun 10, 2019
They are big because of the energy they contain. The physical universe could fit in the dot at the end of this sentence. The mark that a pen makes when it first touches the paper. Isaiah 34:4 tells us: "All the stars in the sky will be dissolved and the heavens rolled up like a scroll" Rev 6:4 "The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up". They tell us that Heaven is quite a bit bigger than Earth and the New Earth will be a lot bigger than the current Earth. As we are to pray for Earth to become as Heaven is. (Matthew 6:10)
There’s a measurement in scripture of the new Jerusalem, strangling enough it is like a Borg cube from Star Trek.
0EA132C1-6601-44D8-BD36-EB0814613A69.jpeg

Rev 21:16
15The angel who spoke with me had a golden measuring rod to measure the city and its gates and its walls. 16The city lies foursquare, with its width the same as its length. And he measured the city with the rod, and all its dimensions were equal—12,000 stadia in length and width and height. 17And he measured its wall to be 144 cubits, by the human measure the angel was using.

you will be assimilated

Jun 10, 2019
Could that be the milky way andromeda collision.

Jun 10, 2019
99.9% of visible twinkling lights are in the Milky Way galaxy only not the whole universe.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
won't we need to become scientists ourselves in order to adequately collect, examine and interpret what evidence we can find?
No, but we do well to understand what is within the realm of experimental science and what isn't. :)

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
We are told in Rev 20:12 that: "books were opened." What we do is recorded in the books. David tells us in Psalm 139:16 that God writes the book of our life at conception. That is the book we are to follow. Even if children grow up in Heaven and not here on Earth they still follow that book. I had a dream once about a daughter I have in Heaven and one of her angles was reading her book so they knew how to help her to become the person God created her to be.
Me too , I have grandchildren 3 in heaven and had a vision when I was praying and fasting about aborted, miscarriages and other child deaths .. It's gonna be alright ..

Dec 30, 2019
Could that be the milky way andromeda collision.
Gravity is amazing. Our planet is dancing with the moon because of gravity. There is a direct connection between the spindown rate of the Earth and the Receding rate of the moon as it moves away from the Earth. This winter I got bored enough I started to play with river stones to stack them up and balance them. The stones are made by the water in the river that is controlled by gravity. This actually makes them very easy to stack and balance. Yet they could fall apart at any time and it can be difficult to predict if and when they will come tumbling down. Like the wall of Jericho can stand for thousands of years or fall down all in a day.

Attachments

Dec 30, 2019
Me too , I have grandchildren 3 in heaven and had a vision when I was praying and fasting about aborted, miscarriages and other child deaths .. It's gonna be alright ..
Heaven is going to be all about Children. We will be taking care of them and teaching them when we get there.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Why did God write it ? So that we can know, same as the beginning .. Why did He write it ? Maybe to help separate the sheep from the goats who believes Him, to sit in the seat of mockers, to decide when we've followed far enough and go our own way .. Another test and source of persecution to those who believe maybe .. Was He wasting His time or ours ?

Dec 30, 2019
Proven by an echo sound , Bwahahaha .. Do you believe Jesus believed Genesis as it is written or did He not ? Did He believe Adam and Eve as written, or Jonah, the flood , Aarons rod that sprouted, budded, flowered, and produced ripe almonds over night ? That in the last days there would be scoffers ?
Of course HE believed the Bible. Everyone in the Bible was very real to Jesus. The time to question if they were real or not is when He does not give them a name.