The Age of the Universe

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 10, 2019
I thought God created the heavens and the earth.

Are you limiting Gods power?
Hmm i see you cap man in my statement, do you know what you just said, you said God was in man form when God created the heavens and earth. you need to think a little better caveman

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Yes it is huge,, andromeda Galaxy can be seen with the eye out beyond city lights if you know where to look, but it is about the same size as the Milky Way in the local group of three I like the latest photos of it from humble that shows a perspective of the size the Milky Way and no doubt the solar system is way smaller than a spec of dust

View attachment 212259
Yes it absolutely mind boggling. With all the evidence pointing to the truth of scripture. The athiests are forced to believe theories that are extremely lacking in evidence like the multiverse, simulation hypothesis, panspermia or quantum theory. Many popular athiests run to these to try and explain away the Big Bang theory or fine tuning argument.

They hate it when science actually contradicts their worldview. I have brought this up on many athiests and then they revert to insults or other straw men arguments. Or science of the gaps argument basically saying they dont know but science any day could figure out the unknown which is very poor when the evidence is overwhelming to support a finite creation from nothing. Materialism answers will never work if matter came into being also.

E

eternally-gratefull

How does it trump what God said. God spoke and bam there was the universe.

As related to Moses about resting, I do not see what you are trying to prove? Sabbath rest is part of Gods command also.

its related because Moses declare that the 7th day is a literal 24 hour day. and relates this to the same "day" that God rested from creation.

If this was not there. I could maybe say yeah, You might be right.

But since it is there, I can't

I do not accept the big bang theory. as you said. God spoke and it was there. He spoke for 6 literal days, as shown in Genesis taken with Moses words in Exodus concerning the sabaath.

E

eternally-gratefull

Hmm i see you cap man in my statement, do you know what you just said, you said God was in man form when God created the heavens and earth. you need to think a little better caveman
Nope

Thats what you were trying to insinuate.

Jun 10, 2019
Yes it absolutely mind boggling. With all the evidence pointing to the truth of scripture. The athiests are forced to believe theories that are extremely lacking in evidence like the multiverse, simulation hypothesis, panspermia or quantum theory. Many popular athiests run to these to try and explain away the Big Bang theory or fine tuning argument.

They hate it when science actually contradicts their worldview. I have brought this up on many athiests and then they revert to insults or other straw men arguments. Or science of the gaps argument basically saying they dont know but science any day could figure out the unknown which is very poor when the evidence is overwhelming to support a finite creation from nothing. Materialism answers will never work if matter came into being also.
Yea your right, I’ve heard some say well there was elements floating around first then condense fused then boom. but no science says anything about where those elements came from there is no theory of endless elements there has to be a beginning to them also and that leads to nothing but God created the first elements

Jun 10, 2019
Nope

Thats what you were trying to insinuate.
Ok EG I may have misunderstood what you meant by the way you capped WHAT MAN and said

Maybe I’m not that good at getting all the Astro projecting stuff sorry tell me what you meant I didn’t get the cap what man

E

eternally-gratefull

Ok EG I may have misunderstood what you meant by the way you capped WHAT MAN and said

Maybe I’m not that good at getting all the Astro projecting stuff sorry tell me what you meant I didn’t get the cap what man
You asked what man could do that
to me that was you saying could god do that basically saying god is no better than a man. Maybe I misunderstood you

Jun 10, 2019
You asked what man could do that
to me that was you saying could god do that basically saying god is no better than a man. Maybe I misunderstood you
what I meant was scripture says God told the people to work 6 days according to earths cycles I don’t think that has anything to do with how old the universe is or with the days of creation.

E

eternally-gratefull

what I meant was scripture says God told the people to work 6 days according to earths cycles I don’t think that has anything to do with how old the universe is or with the days of creation.
What god says is work for 6 days and rest on the 7th since this is exactly what he did

So we should take him at his word and not make him insinuate something else

sorry I misunderstood you

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
What is limiting God's power, what has harmed the world as turning from the Lord harms the world, is blindly announcing that God thinks the world is 6,000 years old from the beginning, and it is not true of scripture at all. Scripture does not date the world as only being here when scripture started recording happenings, and when the week's work that God did in it started.

This idea that is false gave the devil reason to point his evil finger at the Lord. When you give power to this thought you are helping the devil.

Jun 10, 2019
What god says is work for 6 days and rest on the 7th since this is exactly what he did

So we should take him at his word and not make him insinuate something else
sorry I misunderstood you
God is always working, there are no souls lined up ready to born, of coarse He gave that example your body cannot work 24/7. the people of old didn’t understand billion or million now the scripture is better understanding in a more seasoned learning of creation.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
its related because Moses declare that the 7th day is a literal 24 hour day. and relates this to the same "day" that God rested from creation.

If this was not there. I could maybe say yeah, You might be right.

But since it is there, I can't

I do not accept the big bang theory. as you said. God spoke and it was there. He spoke for 6 literal days, as shown in Genesis taken with Moses words in Exodus concerning the sabaath.
That was a commandment from God to have the 7th day as a rest day. Humans run on 24 hour days according to Earth rotation. Remember the Hebrew word for day has multiple interpretations.
How are you thinking that refers to the explanation in Hebrews 4 or that we still haven't seen the evening of the 7th day? The concept is God rested one day and it is wise we should too. The thing is, God is still at rest from creation until it is time to create the new Heaven and Earth. During the time between is the period of time he has ordained for people to respond. The rest will soon be over and a New Heaven and Earth will be established.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
God is always working, there are no souls lined up ready to born, of coarse He gave that example your body cannot work 24/7. the people of old didn’t understand billion or million now the scripture is better understanding in a more seasoned learning of creation.
You mean you've watered God's Word down until you can fit in with the world and to suit you , Right ? lolol

Jun 10, 2019
You mean you've watered God's Word down until you can fit in with the world and to suit you , Right ? lolol
If you like to believe that that is fine with me brother

bojack

Dec 16, 2019

And you're standing with one foot in with them .. mix ice cream with crap = crap

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
There was a big bad wolf came huffing and puffing, hehe excuse me silly me
So give me a plus or minus in years of what you and Dawkins think the age of physical existence is ... I'd bet it's not close to what God tells us .. You two would hit it off like besties ..