The Antichrist

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
According to John 2:18 do you think the Antichrist could be on the earth right now?

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
Sure you have the verse you want?

John 2:18,19
18The Jews then responded to him, “What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?”
19Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”

I don't see a connection to the antichrist. Jesus was referring to Himself and His resurrection.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
It's not too difficult to figure out that he meant 1 John 2.... :)

Regarding the antichrist being on earth now: Maybe, maybe not.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
How come you got two threads asking the same question?

1 John 2:18 "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

Antichrist is not a person, it is a false faith movement led by fallen angels (cherubim).

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
According to John 2:18 do you think the Antichrist could be on the earth right now?
It is my opinion that the antichrist has been around in every generation (40 years or so). WHY? No one knows when the Rapture will happen. We can know the season and look at the unfolding prophecies to see how close but only God has control as to When it will happen.. At this time, the the antichrist will become publicly known. Satan Has had to have someone in the wings (at hand) should it the Rapture happen. I also think that God designed it this way as Satan would most certainly stage a mirror image of a Rapture if He knew when it would happen.

The Anti-christ is a Man of such character, he can quickly bring the nations of the world together and thus conquer through Peace..This is why in Rev. 6:2 the rider of the WHite Horse (the Antichrist has a Bow (another conversation) with no arrows yet is sent forth to conquer!

Blade

Dec 12, 2013
Just a point....God inspired the use of persona pronouns to describe the beast, little horn, MAN of SIN A.K.A. Anti-Christ SO called.......

HE, HIM and HIS.........................

Dec 12, 2013
It is my opinion that the antichrist has been around in every generation (40 years or so). WHY? No one knows when the Rapture will happen. We can know the season and look at the unfolding prophecies to see how close but only God has control as to When it will happen.. At this time, the the antichrist will become publicly known. Satan Has had to have someone in the wings (at hand) should it the Rapture happen. I also think that God designed it this way as Satan would most certainly stage a mirror image of a Rapture if He knew when it would happen.

The Anti-christ is a Man of such character, he can quickly bring the nations of the world together and thus conquer through Peace..This is why in Rev. 6:2 the rider of the WHite Horse (the Antichrist has a Bow (another conversation) with no arrows yet is sent forth to conquer!

Blade
I wish to embellish this line of thinking......My view which lends to your view in a sense....

A study of Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome will reveal a continued attempt by Satan to be worshiped in a man as God.....even with Alexander the Great we see the twist where Satan mimics JESUS as Alexander took the title the Son of GOD (ZEUS)......

Satan has continually attempted to bring this to fruition, but it has been hindered by God because it was not yet time (the end of the age)

Right or wrong that is my view based upon a study of the history of these kingdoms, the false God's worshiped, the bible and the very words of JESUS unto the Church which was located at Pergamos....

JESUS told them that he knew they dwelt were Satan's seat was located.......THE throne of Zeus was located at Pergamos....<---this tells me that Zeus was indeed Satan.......

Points to ponder!

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
There are lots of anti Christ in the world. if you are non Catholic, you can include our Pope.

and if you believe that Jesus is a true God, you can include preachers who preach that Jesus is not God as anti Christs.

N

NoNameMcgee

i think what you meant was 1 john

not john

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

yes there are many anti-christs now pushing false gospels and leading those who were never of us to begin with down false roads

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Christ is the way and the truth

these are different from than THE antichrist spoken of before Gods wrath is brought down on earth who performs false miracles and wonders

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
I personally believe that he is currently on the earth, but will not reveal himself until after the One who is restraining the full force of sin and the man of sin through the presence of the church, is removed. And I'm sure that he will have some bogus explanation of what happened to the church as well.

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
How come you got two threads asking the same question?

1 John 2:18 "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

Antichrist is not a person, it is a false faith movement led by fallen angels (cherubim).

I posted and it didn't show up, so I posted again and the second time it told me it would have to be ok before it was posted, so go figure.

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
I personally believe that he is currently on the earth, but will not reveal himself until after the One who is restraining the full force of sin and the man of sin through the presence of the church, is removed. And I'm sure that he will have some bogus explanation of what happened to the church as well.
I have been getting e-mails from The Berean Call since 2000 from when Dave Hunt was still alive. This is a snippet from one of their latest e-mails.

"Instead of a frontal assault on Christianity, the evil one will pervert the church from within by posing as its founder. He will cunningly misrepresent Christ while pretending to be Christ. And by that process of substitution, he will undermine and pervert all that Christ truly is."

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
Alien abduction? Possibly, maybe.

But you're right, there will be an explanation offered, and most people will buy it.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Not really. At the very least there must be a temple in Jerusalem where he can stop sacrifices and then desecrate it. Plans for building a temple are well advanced, and there are many Jews who are anticipating a temple in the near future.

"Today there's a lobby in the Knesset (Israel’s parliament) of how many members of Knesset that are constantly speaking about Jewish rights to pray on the Temple Mount," Richman said. "There are members of Knesset that actually talk about the rebuilding the Holy Temple. Do you realize that 20 years ago these people wouldn't have been given a moment on prime time television to say these things. They would have been laughed out.”

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
I have been getting e-mails from The Berean Call since 2000 from when Dave Hunt was still alive. This is a snippet from one of their latest e-mails.

"Instead of a frontal assault on Christianity, the evil one will pervert the church from within by posing as its founder. He will cunningly misrepresent Christ while pretending to be Christ. And by that process of substitution, he will undermine and pervert all that Christ truly is."
Hello ComeLordJesus,

The word "antichristos" can mean "opposed to or in place of." However, I would find it hard to believe that the antichrist will be pretending to be Christ, while performing the following:

"The beast was given a mouth to speak arrogant and blasphemous words, and authority to act for forty-two months. And the beast opened its mouth to blaspheme against God and slander His name and His tabernacle—those who dwell in heaven."

My point being is that, if the antichrist was in the place of Christ, he certainly wouldn't be blaspheming God and slandering heaven and those who dwell in it. It sounds like to me that he will act as the enemy/opponent to Christ, instead of claiming to be Christ. For we know that Christ would not be blaspheming God.

Just my observation. What do you think about this?

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
Hello ComeLordJesus,

The word "antichristos" can mean "opposed to or in place of." However, I would find it hard to believe that the antichrist will be pretending to be Christ, while performing the following:

"The beast was given a mouth to speak arrogant and blasphemous words, and authority to act for forty-two months. And the beast opened its mouth to blaspheme against God and slander His name and His tabernacle—those who dwell in heaven."

My point being is that, if the antichrist was in the place of Christ, he certainly wouldn't be blaspheming God and slandering heaven and those who dwell in it. It sounds like to me that he will act as the enemy/opponent to Christ, instead of claiming to be Christ. For we know that Christ would not be blaspheming God.

Just my observation. What do you think about this?
It's a sad thing that there are people in churches today that know their asses from a hole in the ground. There are a lot of churches that don't teach the gospel of Jesus Christ first and foremost. Antichrist won't have to say and do obvious things like curse God or what not just the fact that he will pose as Christ is blasphemous enough. Like the snippet said:

"And by that process of substitution, he will undermine and pervert all that Christ truly is."

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017
Not really. At the very least there must be a temple in Jerusalem where he can stop sacrifices and then desecrate it. Plans for building a temple are well advanced, and there are many Jews who are anticipating a temple in the near future.
I agree people better sit up and take notice when that temple gets built.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
There is plenty of possible eschatologies, its good to know them and not to be fixed on the one you believe.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
It's a sad thing that there are people in churches today that know their asses from a hole in the ground. There are a lot of churches that don't teach the gospel of Jesus Christ first and foremost. Antichrist won't have to say and do obvious things like curse God or what not just the fact that he will pose as Christ is blasphemous enough. Like the snippet said:

"And by that process of substitution, he will undermine and pervert all that Christ truly is."
Hello again ComeLordJesus,

My point was that scripture states that he will indeed blaspheme God and heaven therefore, since God is Jesus/Christ's Father, then I don't see how the AC could be pretending to be Christ and yet blaspheme God. Do you see what I am saying? Because of this, it seems that he will not be claiming to be Christ, but by blaspheming God, he would be an enemy of Christ, not pretending to be Him.