The Apostles taught Infant Baptism!

  • Thread starter Thread starter yogosans14
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Go old Rome creeping into houses and carrying away silly women (and children). Jesus established the pattern regarding children. Jesus did not baptize children but Jesus did say to bring them to Him and He blessed them. Jesus used the innocence of the children to illustrate the trust needed to enter the kingdom of God.

Rome uses infant baptism to create authority that they can use to control people. Rome claims that they provide grace through the sacraments infant baptism being one of them. This is how Rome makes a work into a means of grace which only they can administer. They say they profess salvation by grace only what they mean is that they believe in salvation through works found in rites and sacraments. They are deceivers and err from the truth.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
 
I'm not here to be "funny", friend...and don't let the door hit you on your way out.
You are a liar when you call me friend, because you are not my friend. I don't care what you think about me, I don't care about what you think about this or that and I don't care about you at all, seeing you are a spiritual nobody. Go worship your owl instead and sit alone and condemn the whole world outside. I put you in the iggy bin now.
 
Nothing showed. You are denying that infant baptism took place in biblical times, being unable to show it (and you can not). Yet you want to forcefully have people agree with you and your views. You are not seeing your own pride, from where your contention comes. You are blind to it. This is the huge sin of hypocrisy that you live in. You like to sit there like a little pope and want to lord it over others what they should think and believe. Meaningless to continue any discusssion with you.
What's to "deny"?

Again, show us IN SCRIPTURE where any infants were baptized.

You won't be able to and we both know why that is.

As such, again, your accusations against me actually apply directly towards you.

Anyhow, I'm not going to go back and forth with you. If you want to post scripture, then I'll address the same so that others aren't misled by your error. If, instead, you merely want to keep on telling me how I'm allegedly a "proud, hypocritical pope", etc., etc., then just go right ahead. Those who have no scriptural argument need to regularly engage in the same.
 
Only 13 hours old and already four pages into the insults, accusations and questioning of the salvation of others. A Bible Discussions thread sure does grow up fast. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, it appears to be a "binary" event.............
 
You are a liar when you call me friend, because you are not my friend. I don't care what you think about me, I don't care about what you think about this or that and I don't care about you at all, seeing you are a spiritual nobody. Go worship your owl instead and sit alone and condemn the whole world outside. I put you in the iggy bin now.
No, I'm not a liar, friend...

Proverbs chapter 27

[5] Open rebuke is better than secret love.
[6] Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.


...and I'll continue to worship Christ.
 
Fortunately, it appears to be a "binary" event.............
Shouldn't the two of you be discussing "mustard" and "tomatoes" and the like and turning the Bible into some sort of joke book like you've both been recently doing elsewhere?

If you can't handle "Bible discussion", then perhaps the "Bible Discussion Forum" isn't the place for either one of you.
 
No the Apostles wrote the bible....false apostles wrote letters for the Catholic church.
Amen...but that should say the "ROMAN Catholic church". IOW, there was a time when "Catholic" simply meant "universal" as in the church universal.
 
Shouldn't the two of you be discussing "mustard" and "tomatoes" and the like and turning the Bible into some sort of joke book like you've both been recently doing elsewhere?

If you can't handle "Bible discussion", then perhaps the "Bible Discussion Forum" isn't the place for either one of you.
Only if I am allowed to throw a tomato at you on the way out. If not, I'm staying. :p
 
Only if I am allowed to throw a tomato at you on the way out. If not, I'm staying. :p
No worries.

I'll whip it up into some tomato sauce, cook some pasta and maybe some meatballs and we'll dine together.

You're doing the dishes, though...lol.
 
What does baptism signify?
Why should we be baptized?


If we answer these questions I think it is clear whether we should baptize infants or wait until they are adults.
 
p_rehbein: Fortunately, it appears to be a "binary" event.............


JistheC: Shouldn't the two of you be discussing "mustard" and "tomatoes" and the like and turning the Bible into some sort of joke book like you've both been recently doing elsewhere?

If you can't handle "Bible discussion", then perhaps the "Bible Discussion Forum" isn't the place for either one of you.


ROTFLOL...........seriously............Bible discussion? Shall I go back and "extract" from the various commentary here ALL of the un-Christian statements and post them for review? Would take some time.

I am always amused by self proclaimed Biblical experts instructing others here. Lord knows we get many of them from time to time. The two of you need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and lighten up. Maybe the two of you should spend quality time in sincere search of the meaning of "Love thy neighbor as thyself?" Dunno, it could help.
 
p_rehbein: Shhhh! Let them go, it's entertaining. Kind of like playing a video game called Red Faction.
 
yay..for once someone other than me is getting yelled at for derailing a thread..lol.. which btw, I very seldom do.. :o
 
Is it so hard to believe that maybe the Holy Spirit guides the early church into all truth and is able to keep it from error?

not at all.

so hard to believe that myself and those others who reject this teaching are led by the Spirit?

 
not at all.

so hard to believe that myself and those others who reject this teaching are led by the Spirit?

Why do we reject this teaching?

Well, it's because we believe the scriptures which were inspired by the Holy Spirit and they speak nothing at all in regard to infant baptism. Contrariwise, they teach that there are prerequisites for baptism such as believing and repenting.

Anyhow, I'm agreeing with you and not refuting what you said, but merely explaining it a little.
 
p_rehbein: Fortunately, it appears to be a "binary" event.............


JistheC: Shouldn't the two of you be discussing "mustard" and "tomatoes" and the like and turning the Bible into some sort of joke book like you've both been recently doing elsewhere?

If you can't handle "Bible discussion", then perhaps the "Bible Discussion Forum" isn't the place for either one of you.


ROTFLOL...........seriously............Bible discussion? Shall I go back and "extract" from the various commentary here ALL of the un-Christian statements and post them for review? Would take some time.

I am always amused by self proclaimed Biblical experts instructing others here. Lord knows we get many of them from time to time. The two of you need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and lighten up. Maybe the two of you should spend quality time in sincere search of the meaning of "Love thy neighbor as thyself?" Dunno, it could help.
You can start by "quoting" where anybody here is allegedly a "SELF-PROCLAIMED Bible expert"...or you just repent for lying.