The Babies of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2019
Presently we have the "Babies of God" in their various groups and denominations. All controlled by an evil spirit of strife. And all busy with their various doctrines. They don't know much and they are not much.

1 Cor. 3
1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal,even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Presently we have the "Babies of God" in their various groups and denominations. All controlled by an evil spirit of strife. And all busy with their various doctrines. They don't know much and they are not much.

1 Cor. 3
1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal,even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase
Umm what exactly was the point you were trying to make? was this to be a discussion or were you wanting a certain kind of reply?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
The Apostle was speaking of new born believers. These new Christians ARE SAVED. They simply have not yet grown in Jesus in their life walk with Him. They (as with all newborns) must be taught, and grow and mature in their life walk. And, they must receive the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit to guide, teach and protect them. To impart to them the gifts they will need to accomplish the work/purpose God has purposed them for.

Yes, they are just beginning, and as such, are not yet learned in the Word, BUT to say "and they are not much" is to belittle the children of God who, through His saving grace, have become heirs to the Promise. If I were you, I would be careful doing that. God may not appreciate you belittling His children.

Sep 17, 2019
Umm what exactly was the point you were trying to make? was this to be a discussion or were you wanting a certain kind of reply?
And what do you think was my intentions? Telling you to say something i want?

Sep 17, 2019
The Apostle was speaking of new born believers.
"New born believers"? Sure? And how do you know this?

These new Christians ARE SAVED. They simply have not yet grown in Jesus in their life walk with Him.
I agree. But not with the word, new, that you are inserting here in this text.

They (as with all newborns) must be taught, and grow and mature in their life walk.

Again your "inserted words".

And, they must receive the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit to guide, teach and protect them.
You think Paul "neglected" this? While it happens while speaking the first time?

Acts 10
44 ¶While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

To impart to them the gifts they will need to accomplish the work/purpose God has purposed them for.
Seems Paul adequately did this?

1 Cor. 14
26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

Yes, they are just beginning, and as such, are not yet learned in the Word,
You have any verse for this?

BUT to say "and they are not much" is to belittle the children of God who, through His saving grace, have become heirs to the Promise.
Sure. They became heirs to everything. I totally agree. But they were still mere "carnal Babies. And not much. Stuck in Baby Life. While the Perfect Life of God was given them.

If I were you, I would be careful doing that. God may not appreciate you belittling His children.
Nope. I never "belittled his Children. I spoke against the evil spirit of strife that kept them from growing up. And is still keeping God's Babies in their "carnal lives" as Babies. Not knowing much and not being much. Although everything of God was given them. Perfectly. Just their own sin of enjoying their evil spirit of strife. Enjoying being in their certain group and keeping the division alive. And of course they have now their "bosses" asisting them. Because of enjoying their "slaves" working for them. Telling everyone that their particular group is the correct one. And of course their money the "slaves" are giving them.

Slaves paying to be slaves. Such a foolish existence. Because of the evil spirit that closed their eyes. This is no "new born believers". This is "old born believers" sinning. Just as they still are today.

And you judging me as speaking by the evil spirit of "belittling" is obviously part of that life. Judging me totally wrongly. Acting as if you can judge. But not having the Anointing from God yet makes you also a "carnal Baby" of God. Because this is "hypocrisy".
Mat. 7
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

You were given everything. But you are so "little" Not knowing much and not being much. And you could have been "Everything".

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Everyone starts out as a babe . Some remain so until they go to be with the Lord who bought them. Some are saved on Monday and die on Tuesday.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Here's a tip from a veteran: take the chip off your shoulder. You are a newcomer; act like it. Be respectful. Lose the attitude. Answer reasonable questions with reasonable answers.

Or, continue as you have started, be dismissed as a jackdonkey, diminish your influence to zero, and eventually be banned. It's your choice. :)

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
---All controlled by an evil spirit of strife

---Just their own sin of enjoying their evil spirit of strife

Slaves paying to be slaves. Such a foolish existence. Because of the evil spirit that closed their eyes. This is no "new born believers". This is "old born believers" sinning. Just as they still are today.

Hi JohanA,

Your posts sound very bitter. What is this evil spirit of strife that you say controls Christians?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I honestly didn't know that is why I asked I didn't assume your motives

CS1

May 23, 2012
Your post is unclear I think is the point some are making

CS1

May 23, 2012

1 Cor. 3
After reading your posts you are very confrontational and rude. Those here have been respectful to your post yet, you are pointed. The Thread title and comments from you are unclear, yet you have a preconceived outcome that we are unaware of and you have an issue with it. You ask others here " Do you have averse for that"?

Yet your assertion here:

"Presently we have the "Babies of God" in their various groups and denominations. All controlled by an evil spirit of strife."

Who determined all controlled by an evil spirit and strife?

Paul in 1cor 3 is speaking to the immaturity of new believers and to those who are not maturing over time as they should. "Behave like men" carnality is immaturity. Paul has come to give them more insight into the word of God but they were unable to receive it YET because they were worldly or carnal and immature.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Presently we have the "Babies of God" in their various groups and denominations. All controlled by an evil spirit of strife.
Do you consider yourself to be one of these "evil strife babies" that "ain't much"? If so, then I am impressed by your humble spirit, Johan.

As for me, I'm a child of the King, and I think that is a pretty big deal.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
We wish you a warm welcome to CC, Johan. You have gotten off to a rough start, but tomorrow is a brand new day!(y)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Painting all Christians with this broad brush and using the term *babies* is neither fair not accurate. You need to focus on yourself and leave the others to God. Do we even know if you hold to sound doctrine, since most cultists paint all other churches with the same broad brush and yet fail to understand or hold to Bible truth?

Sep 17, 2019
Everyone starts out as a babe . Some remain so until they go to be with the Lord who bought them. Some are saved on Monday and die on Tuesday.

I totally agree. But those in the groups of striving, to stay Babies, are what we need to release from their captivity.

Sep 17, 2019
Here's a tip from a veteran: take the chip off your shoulder.
Long in a forum does not mean you have Spiritual Discernment. And a "veteran" in time does not mean you are an "elder" in Spirit.

1 Tim. 5
17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

You are a newcomer; act like it.
"New" to you does not mean I have to "act" as if I am a Baby in God. Because an act is dishonesty. Which you want me to do.

We don't live in the respect of the humans but the Superior Life of God in Love.

John 5
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
41 I receive not honour from men.
42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
43 I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Give up your "respect" for the Love of God. And you will have Life.

Lose the attitude.
I can never go back to my "vomit" again.

2 Peter 2
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Answer reasonable questions with reasonable answers.
We are not into "reason" or the intellect of man. But Spirit of God. Thus those in "reason" will not understand.

1 Cor. 2
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Or, continue as you have started, be dismissed as a jackdonkey,
The "natural man" is doing this. And we accept those also in Love. Some of them change and become Spiritual too.

diminish your influence to zero,
The natural man and his judgments is of no importance to the Children of God. They can not be 'judged of man"

1 Cor. 2
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

and eventually be banned.
Only in the mind of the "natural man" threats has an importance.

Eph. 6
9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.

As suffering a "ban" from the natural man is a Great Joy to the Child of God. Because it was done for His Dad.

Luke 6
22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate youfrom their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake.
23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

It's your choice. :)
The bottom line of our nice chat is that you are a perfect example of the Babies of God that are under that evil spirit of strife and unable to grow. Which you can now reject of course.

It's your choice.

Sep 17, 2019
Your post is unclear I think is the point some are making
Yep. The Babies do not have discernment. But it will get more clear as we proceed of course. And some Babies will grow and some not.

Sep 17, 2019
We wish you a warm welcome to CC, Johan. You have gotten off to a rough start, but tomorrow is a brand new day!(y)
Thanks. Don't worry about the "unruly". There is enough Disciplining Power in God for all of them. They can enjoy their "Freedom" for a change. Having someone that can "take it".

Sep 17, 2019
Hi JohanA,

Your posts sound very bitter. What is this evil spirit of strife that you say controls Christians?
Yep. The Babies of God does not have Discernment. Actually it is another Characteristic of God.

Psalm 2

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Status
Not open for further replies.