The Backsliders Thread.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I don't need an anti-depressant. I need something for post-traumatic stress. Cannabis is good for a few things, but not everything; there's also no guarantee that it will even work for me, either. I won't sit here and say that it will because it may blow up in my face. If that's the case, then I'll live and I'll learn. I can also use C.B.D, which is natural and does not make you high like T.H.C. Plenty of people use C.B.D and they have wonderful results. I refuse drugs, 100%, period, and I'm lucky that I have that right.

For PTSD investigate EMDR therapy, and the "Alpha-Stim" device.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Edit:

The scary thing about anti-depressants is that they are notorious for making depression even worse. The side-effects for anti-depressants don't seem worth the risk of even taking them, as is the case for many psychiatric drugs. Really, when people take them, they are risking their health more than anything. One day I hope humanity realizes what it's doing to itself before it's too late and we're all too sick to do anything about it. This is why I'm hugely against psych-drugs. Personally, I think they're awful. Want nothing to do with any of them.

Five-minute rule. :/

I have ADHD, PTSD, and a handful of other things. I have been taking meds for nearly thirty years. It makes a huge difference in my life. PTSD is actually neurological nerve damage caused by too much stress. When your neurotransmitters are out of balance, there is no shame ifn finding the right combination of meds to bring your brain chemistry back into balance.

Check to see if it is pride that makes you want to avoid THE CORRECT meds for your specific needs.

It may also be the devil who wants to keep you from being all God designed you to be.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I can tell you authoritatively that "medical marijuana" is a sham.
Marijuana does not dull or relieve pain or emotional
stress, it enhances them, and it's highly addictive.
You're full of it, Huckleberry. I know many people that use CBD extracts for a number of issues, and it works. Some have even had long standing health issues healed-that were never going to be healed by the prescription drugs doctors are pushing on people. Even THC extracts are hood for serious pain-like terminal cancer. I don't believe people should be smoking it, as it's less effective.

C

CandieM

I would implore you to be careful about this man you emailed. I just looked up CBD, it is a schedule 1 drug in the Federal statues. Meaning it is not legal in the United States, any state or political subdivision, nor any territory of the US.
Cannabidiol? Highly doubt it's illegal. Hey, if you want information about cannabidiol, PM me. I'm not going to spam a thread. If you feel like looking into it, that's up to you. Personally, I tried it and it didn't do anything for me, but I think that's because you have to build it up in your system. Is this true? I don't know. That's why I didn't purchase more. That, and I can't afford it, (lol). Either way, I'm willing to branch out, but only if it's natural.

It seems incredibly weird to me that C.B.D would be illegal. The fact that it did diddly-squat for me the first time I tried it makes me realize how silly that'd be, if it is​ illegal. (lol) Odd.

You're full of it, Huckleberry. I know many people that use CBD extracts for a number of issues, and it works. Some have even had long standing health issues healed-that were never going to be healed by the prescription drugs doctors are pushing on people. Even THC extracts are hood for serious pain-like terminal cancer. I don't believe people should be smoking it, as it's less effective.
Do you mind sending me a message with any brands or stores that you know of so I can look into it? Possibly anything that I can buy online? Reputable sites and the like? Please and thank you. :)

When your neurotransmitters are out of balance, there is no shame ifn finding the right combination of meds to bring your brain chemistry back into balance.
Psych drugs are dangerous, have nasty side-effects, and can cause people to kill themselves. No, thank you.

Check to see if it is pride that makes you want to avoid THE CORRECT meds for your specific needs. It may also be the devil who wants to keep you from being all God designed you to be.
It's not pride. It's the fear of getting sick just so someone can line their pockets because of the drugs they prescribed me. Countless people get sick because of psych drugs. Again, as I said, if it isn't natural, I'm not taking it. If my body is a temple, then it should be treated that way.

C

CandieM

For PTSD investigate EMDR therapy, and the "Alpha-Stim" device.
My worst disorder is split personality. There's little to no substances that can treat that except anything that may reduce stress. There are a lot of things a person can do to reduce stress ... too many for me to count, actually ... but ultimately, I'm on a dissociative spectrum at the far end where I daydream as a maladaptive coping mechanism to escape reality. My days are usually spent with me unconsciously pretending to be many different people so I can manage everyday stressors.

The last therapist that I had uses E.M.D.R on patients. Sadly, I told her that I felt like I was not capable of following the pre-E.M.D.R steps in order to create a "safe place" before working on the trauma. Basically, I never truly feel safe, so I wasn't able to pretend, in my head, that I had a safe place to go to when the flashbacks were too intense for me to handle. Because of this, I wasn't able to go any further, so I didn't even get to use E.M.D.R. It's unfortunate, but that's how it turned out. So far, I haven't seen a therapist, although I admit that if I had the money, I'd probably see a psychotherapist because I had one experience with a lady who retired and it was awesome. She was beyond qualified for her job. Shame she had discontinue her services.

If I can earn a living and somehow manage to actually go through with E.D.M.R, then I'd be willing to try it. How I can make a "safe place" in my head, though, is beyond me. Maybe another psychotherapist can shed some insight on what I can do to make one. My therapist's advice, at that time, didn't help at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Cannabidiol? Highly doubt it's illegal. Hey, if you want information about cannabidiol, PM me. I'm not going to spam a thread. If you feel like looking into it, that's up to you. Personally, I tried it and it didn't do anything for me, but I think that's because you have to build it up in your system. Is this true? I don't know. That's why I didn't purchase more. That, and I can't afford it, (lol). Either way, I'm willing to branch out, but only if it's natural.

It seems incredibly weird to me that C.B.D would be illegal. The fact that it did diddly-squat for me the first time I tried it makes me realize how silly that'd be, if it is​ illegal. (lol) Odd.

Do you mind sending me a message with any brands or stores that you know of so I can look into it? Possibly anything that I can buy online? Reputable sites and the like? Please and thank you. :)

Psych drugs are dangerous, have nasty side-effects, and can cause people to kill themselves. No, thank you.

It's not pride. It's the fear of getting sick just so someone can line their pockets because of the drugs they prescribed me. Countless people get sick because of psych drugs. Again, as I said, if it isn't natural, I'm not taking it. If my body is a temple, then it should be treated that way.
Ok, don't believe CBD is illegal. Who would believe the federal agency that is tasked with enforcement of drug laws.

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/marijuana/m_extract_7350.html

You could try reading the links provided.

By the way, there is no state of territory of the United States that marijuana, or any part, extract, or resin is legal..... including Colorado. It's illegal there too.

C

CandieM

Ok, don't believe CBD is illegal. Who would believe the federal agency that is tasked with enforcement of drug laws.

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/marijuana/m_extract_7350.html

You could try reading the links provided.

By the way, there is no state of territory of the United States that marijuana, or any part, extract, or resin is legal..... including Colorado. It's illegal there too.
I'm just saying it's very weird. And sorry, but I'm all over the place tonight and I wasn't focused on reading any links, but rather responding to 2 PMs, and also the messages in this thread, where people are going against my feelings of natural health and telling me that I need to take drugs from a medical doctor, despite my feelings against them. :/

I think it's possible that it's illegal, but I think it's odd. How did I order the pills through the internet and not get punished for doing so? Why was I not arrested and put in jail for ordering an illegal substance? If it's illegal, why isn't there a stronger crackdown on people who buy it online? That, to me, is why I find it odd for it to be illegal.

I'll PM you the link to the site that I was talking about so you can read the info and contact the man who sells the products and knows about the science behind it, himself. If you feel like emailing him and asking questions, that's up to you, but you don't have to. :/ He can shed way more light on this than I can. I am no scientist.

Yeah, I read the link, but I think it's odd. I'm not sure what to believe. If I ordered it and didn't get arrested, then how illegal can it be? Hopefully the laws change so that I don't have to suffer due to the greed of the system.

Thanks for the link.

BTW, until they make naturopathy illegal, I'm also going to continue going that route, instead of seeing medical doctors and taking medical drugs. Fortunately, (for now), I do have that right. Thankfully.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I'm just saying it's very weird. And sorry, but I'm all over the place tonight and I wasn't focused on reading any links, but rather responding to 2 PMs, and also the messages in this thread, where people are going against my feelings of natural health and telling me that I need to take drugs from a medical doctor, despite my feelings against them. :/

I think it's possible that it's illegal, but I think it's odd. How did I order the pills through the internet and not get punished for doing so? Why was I not arrested and put in jail for ordering an illegal substance? If it's illegal, why isn't there a stronger crackdown on people who buy it online? That, to me, is why I find it odd for it to be illegal.

I'll PM you the link to the site that I was talking about so you can read the info and contact the man who sells the products and knows about the science behind it, himself. If you feel like emailing him and asking questions, that's up to you, but you don't have to. :/ He can shed way more light on this than I can. I am no scientist.

Yeah, I read the link, but I think it's odd. I'm not sure what to believe. If I ordered it and didn't get arrested, then how illegal can it be? Hopefully the laws change so that I don't have to suffer due to the greed of the system.

Thanks for the link.

BTW, until they make naturopathy illegal, I'm also going to continue going that route, instead of seeing medical doctors and taking medical drugs. Fortunately, (for now), I do have that right. Thankfully.
I'm not telling you to use any medication, but marijuana and any part thereof is illegal in the United States.

Now for the reason that you got away with violating the law is simple..... law enforcement is a very limited resource. The must choose what to enforce and when. Their lack of enforcement does not constitute permission to violate legislation enacted by an elected legislature.

C

CandieM

I'm not telling you to use any medication, but marijuana and any part thereof is illegal in the United States.

Now for the reason that you got away with violating the law is simple..... law enforcement is a very limited resource. The must choose what to enforce and when. Their lack of enforcement does not constitute permission to violate legislation enacted by an elected legislature.
Well, thank you for the link. I can say that I appreciate that. It's good to know whether something is illegal or not.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I have ADHD, PTSD, and a handful of other things. I have been taking meds for nearly thirty years. It makes a huge difference in my life. PTSD is actually neurological nerve damage caused by too much stress. When your neurotransmitters are out of balance, there is no shame ifn finding the right combination of meds to bring your brain chemistry back into balance.

Check to see if it is pride that makes you want to avoid THE CORRECT meds for your specific needs.

It may also be the devil who wants to keep you from being all God designed you to be.
If you actually think that prescription drugs are all good, or that some-if not most doctors-prescribe drugs only drugs that help people, you're living in a fantasy land. Have you ever looked at all the side effects of drugs you take?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
My grandmother was a traditional native doctor, and she gave traditional medicine to people for years. Not once did anyone ever complain of side effects, because there were none.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Should we blindly trust doctors, because the AMA symbol is from the Bible? Nah! Sorry, that's foolish.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
If you actually think that prescription drugs are all good, or that some-if not most doctors-prescribe drugs only drugs that help people, you're living in a fantasy land. Have you ever looked at all the side effects of drugs you take?
Perhaps you are misunderstanding me. I did not say that all prescription drugs are good. I did not say that all drugs don’t have side effects. I did not say that all doctors prescribe only drugs that help people.

(Do you believe that ALL doctors NEVER prescribe anything of value? I am not sure of your thinking on this point.)

If you are willing to concede that some, perhaps many, doctors do prescribe things that are helpful at times then we have an agreement.

I know of quite a few Mds and ODs that are far more aware of the drawbacks of medications and the value of holistic options in health care than you and I put together. (Check out Mercola.com or cancerfungus.com.)

I believe that there is a place for WISE use of pharmaceutical technology to help people get through things that they would otherwise suffer from.

My life changed (for the far better) sixty minutes after my first dose of medication for ADHD. (The only long lasting side effect was a dryish mouth, which I can live with.) All the arguments to the contrary aren't going to change the fact that there are many people, including myself, who actually need medicinal help balancing their brain chemistry, or dealing with pain, or dealing with an infection.

If one believes that drugs are never an option, my pastor and friend would have died three weeks ago when he suffered a severe infection. Without immediate medical help he would have died within twenty four hours. As it was, he still spent several days in the hospital.

There is a place for natural health cures but they are not the only course to take, and when life is in immediate jeopardy, or when there is a fundamental imbalance in the brain, WISE use of medications is "often" (not always) the best course to take.

My brain is wired differently from yours. My neurotransmitters are off balance - probably because my mother smoked heavily and ate very poorly when she was carrying me, and because I was fed very poorly while growing up. My developing brain did not get all that it needed to grow properly. In a general sense of the term, I am brain damaged.

Natural means can certainly contribute to my overall well being, but, candidly, I am too lazy to make all the changes necessary, so I rely on medications to help bring me closer to normal such that I can interact with normal people such as on this website.

I agree that drugs are over prescribed and can cause all sorts of unwanted problems. I agree that the drug manufacturers are mostly in the business to make money. I agree that they bias the medical field in their favor.

BUT, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Medications can be useful at times. It takes a knowledgeable and unbiased investigator to determine whether any given situation is best approached by a pharmaceutical or holistic approach, or very commonly, a combination of the two.

If a person is suicidal, prescribing a regimented life change without medical intervention is more likely to kill him that save him. However, getting him on the RIGHT medication can help him rebalance his life so he can eventually get off the meds and rely on a new lifestyle to keep him in the right frame of mind.

Would you agree with me that there is a place for medical help? I agree with you that it is not the only, nor in many cases the best, solution to many of the problems we face.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Perhaps you are misunderstanding me. I did not say that all prescription drugs are good. I did not say that all drugs don’t have side effects. I did not say that all doctors prescribe only drugs that help people.

(Do you believe that ALL doctors NEVER prescribe anything of value? I am not sure of your thinking on this point.)

If you are willing to concede that some, perhaps many, doctors do prescribe things that are helpful at times then we have an agreement.

I know of quite a few Mds and ODs that are far more aware of the drawbacks of medications and the value of holistic options in health care than you and I put together. (Check out Mercola.com or cancerfungus.com.)

I believe that there is a place for WISE use of pharmaceutical technology to help people get through things that they would otherwise suffer from.

My life changed (for the far better) sixty minutes after my first dose of medication for ADHD. (The only long lasting side effect was a dryish mouth, which I can live with.) All the arguments to the contrary aren't going to change the fact that there are many people, including myself, who actually need medicinal help balancing their brain chemistry, or dealing with pain, or dealing with an infection.

If one believes that drugs are never an option, my pastor and friend would have died three weeks ago when he suffered a severe infection. Without immediate medical help he would have died within twenty four hours. As it was, he still spent several days in the hospital.

There is a place for natural health cures but they are not the only course to take, and when life is in immediate jeopardy, or when there is a fundamental imbalance in the brain, WISE use of medications is "often" (not always) the best course to take.

My brain is wired differently from yours. My neurotransmitters are off balance - probably because my mother smoked heavily and ate very poorly when she was carrying me, and because I was fed very poorly while growing up. My developing brain did not get all that it needed to grow properly. In a general sense of the term, I am brain damaged.

Natural means can certainly contribute to my overall well being, but, candidly, I am too lazy to make all the changes necessary, so I rely on medications to help bring me closer to normal such that I can interact with normal people such as on this website.

I agree that drugs are over prescribed and can cause all sorts of unwanted problems. I agree that the drug manufacturers are mostly in the business to make money. I agree that they bias the medical field in their favor.

BUT, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Medications can be useful at times. It takes a knowledgeable and unbiased investigator to determine whether any given situation is best approached by a pharmaceutical or holistic approach, or very commonly, a combination of the two.

If a person is suicidal, prescribing a regimented life change without medical intervention is more likely to kill him that save him. However, getting him on the RIGHT medication can help him rebalance his life so he can eventually get off the meds and rely on a new lifestyle to keep him in the right frame of mind.

Would you agree with me that there is a place for medical help? I agree with you that it is not the only, nor in many cases the best, solution to many of the problems we face.
I was actually speaking to Huckleberry, and his nonsense.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Earnest..... I gotta laugh at this... no offense intended... you saying that you are brain damaged made me think... he's 6' 6" tall, and brain damaged.... we gotta call him "Abby-something"... (from Young Frankenstein)

abby 1.png

C

CandieM

R.I.P Gene Wilder. Had such lovely blue eyes.