The benefits of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
But you shall receive power, after the Holy Spirit has come upon you: and you shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts 1:8

What are the benefits of the infilling of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit?

jb

Feb 27, 2010
It means that you're saved.
Salvation and baptism in the Spirit are TWO different events, the baptism in the Spirit occurring after salvation. Luke 10v20, John 7v37-39, 13v10, 14v17, 15v3, Acts 2v1-4.

R

Rasputin_OZ

But you shall receive power, after the Holy Spirit has come upon you: and you shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts 1:8

What are the benefits of the infilling of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit?
you answered your own question.

Power. to Heal. to perform miracles.
Best witness of the Real God is showing his power..

Elijah showed that to the prophets of Baal.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Things to think about:

Were the disciples saved before being empowered at Jerusalem?

How many times in the NT do we see the Holy Spirit baptism?

Who gets this baptism and when?

R

Rasputin_OZ

Things to think about:

at least 4 times .

Baptism is for all followers.

Timing seems to change each time , some when saved , some later.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Things to think about:

They were indwelt here, John 20:22 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
22 Then he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

Never counted, but often enough

as far as I know believers.

We are to seek or ask for it daily.

Ephesians 5:18 Don’t be drunk with wine, which will ruin your life, but be filled with the Spirit.

Ezekiel 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to observe my ordinances.

Romans 8:4 in order that the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Galatians 5:16 [ The Works of the Flesh and the Fruit of the Spirit ] But I say, walk by the Spirit, and do not gratify the desires of the flesh.

Galatians 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

E

eternally-gratefull

It means your saved

If your not baptized by God. Your still dead in your sin.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Salvation and baptism in the Spirit are TWO different events, the baptism in the Spirit occurring after salvation. Luke 10v20, John 7v37-39, 13v10, 14v17, 15v3, Acts 2v1-4.
That's your opinion.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jesus teaches to believe He is the Son of God will be enough for salvation. As far as I have eeked out from the Word, the testimony o or witness of Jesus Christ is the Spirit of prophesy. Also it can only be known that Jesus Christ is the Lord by the Holy Spirit….

That last does not mean a person has received the Holy Spirit but it is food for thought. When I received the Holy Spirit I first believed and knw I was saved for the message with it waq all is going to be just fine. sSimple as that may sound, I believe this.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
you answered your own question.

Power. to Heal. to perform miracles.
Best witness of the Real God is showing his power..

Elijah showed that to the prophets of Baal.
So, what of those who deny that power?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
It means your saved

If your not baptized by God. Your still dead in your sin.
No, EG.

Then the same day at
evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Verse 22 the moment of the new birth.

Then Pentecost.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
There was an instase when several people were come to believe Jesus Christ yet they had not received the Holy Spirit,. If you hgave read the New Testament, you know this.

E

eternally-gratefull

No, EG.

Then the same day at
evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Verse 22 the moment of the new birth.

Then Pentecost.
No sis

If we are not baptized by god we are not saved

Baptism represents washing not signs

The signs came because the hs came into or was poured out (to anoint) on them not because they were baptized.

On the day of Pentecost. The disciples were the first humans to literally experience the baptism of god and anointing of god

You church likes to focus

On the baptism part and in doing so misinterpret what it means and reject the anointing part or dismiss it. Both of which are given to ALL who are saved. If those things do not occurs when you CLAiM you trusted god your not saved period

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
No sis

If we are not baptized by god we are not saved

Baptism represents washing not signs

The signs came because the hs came into or was poured out (to anoint) on them not because they were baptized.

On the day of Pentecost. The disciples were the first humans to literally experience the baptism of god and anointing of god

You church likes to focus
On the baptism part and in doing so misinterpret what it means and reject the anointing part or dismiss it. Both of which are given to ALL who are saved. If those things do not occurs when you CLAiM you trusted god your not saved period
Does not the Word baptism itself mean whelmed EG?

Does your church teach what you are saying? Or is this your own reasoning?

Water is the washing EG. Then continually by the scripture...washing of the water of the Word. The sprinkling of blood on our conscience deals with sin. The Word deals with our character.

To be whelmed by Spirit is to stop the work of man, and move in the work of God.

For prophecy is Gods message speaking through your voice. So is tongues, speaking mysteries, praying, moving in the Holy Spirit. Healing through laying on of hands- Gods power through the gift of faith. So many ways He moves but it's Him. And we know it's not of us.

It's an exciting life to be used of God, and I've only had tastes. Makes you thirst for more of His life!

E

eternally-gratefull

Does not the Word baptism itself mean whelmed EG?

Does your church teach what you are saying? Or is this your own reasoning?

Water is the washing EG. Then continually by the scripture...washing of the water of the Word. The sprinkling of blood on our conscience deals with sin. The Word deals with our character.

To be whelmed by Spirit is to stop the work of man, and move in the work of God.

For prophecy is Gods message speaking through your voice. So is tongues, speaking mysteries, praying, moving in the Holy Spirit. Healing through laying on of hands- Gods power through the gift of faith. So many ways He moves but it's Him. And we know it's not of us.

It's an exciting life to be used of God, and I've only had tastes. Makes you thirst for more of His life!
Baptizo - (the greek word) means to be immersed INTO, to be placed INTO. To be united with (ie, isreal baptised INTO Moses

It does not mean what your church says, In romans 6 Paul says we were literally IMMERSED into the death and burial of Christ. Where our sins were washed, or we were spiritually circumcised (col 2) in baptism done by the hand of God.. It is Not water. People who twist this to mean water baptism and HOLY SPirit baptism is only something done for gifting have gotten it wrong.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
bap-tid'-zo

From a derivative of G911; to make whelmed (that is, fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism: - baptist, baptize, wash.​

Total KJV occurrences: 80

G911​

βάπτω​

baptō​

bap'-to

A primary verb; to whelm, that is, cover wholly with a fluid; in the New Testament only in a qualified or specific sense, that is, (literally) to moisten (a part of one’s person), or (by implication) to stain (as with dye): - dip.​

Total KJV occurrences: 3

Am glad I looked at this one because the church I grew up in taught blood baptism. I can see why now.

Fully immersed does not conflict EG.

Why do you think that in Isaiah, he says that this sign of speech is the sabbath rest?

And what church do you think I attend that I learned my doctrine?