The Best Western European Culture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Which is tops?

• French

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • German

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Italian

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Spanish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swiss

• Dutch

• Irish

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • British

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Belgian

• Czech

• Total voters

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I'm with these guys...

Hebrews
11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of [them], and embraced [them], and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that [country] from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
11:16 But now they desire a better [country], that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

But, confess me must, me does likes French fries!:rolleyes:

oyster67

May 24, 2014
lol was trying to write that too, hey I'm multi tasking making pancakes... who wantz some, I take request off regular menu too! 🙂
Belgian waffles, pleeze:p:coffee:.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
A very famous English book.

My immediate reaction was that it was one of our surnames, most of them are recognizable as being strictly from our language.
But when i looked closer i saw that it might be Spanish or Italian so im surprised to lean its from an English book

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Oh no, it's French. I'm declaring my allegiance to France in spite of Italy's grandeur.

It was said to be Marshall Cambronne's response to the British terms of surrender at Waterloo. Translates "The Old Guard dies, but does not surrender!"

Without using google translate i think your saying that Italy has done more killing than peace...
Italy was only formed in 1861 and founded in 1946 so...
Maybe you could of made an umbrella group there; Italy, Pre-Italian monarchies and the Holy Roman Empire (aka the vatican)

They all have a history full of blood and war...

I think i will have to give my vote to Britain then...

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I'm counting two votes for Portugal though. Which means y'all are tied for second with Britain.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
France is tied with Ireland and the Netherlands, which is a travesty.

The crossroads of Western Civilization and she's a footnote on this thread. *ptew

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Italy, I understand. It's hard to compete with Rome, the Vatican, chicken parmesan, Lavazza coffee, and Gina Carano (rawr)

Plus the Italians have a reputation for being both cultured and friendly. The French have a reputation for being stuck-up. But most people base that on the Parisians. Down-home country French are some of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.

Except for this one waiter I met who was from Lyon. Real piece of work.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I will allow you two votes because you have been an active participant in this thread.

I've logged your vote for Portugal. If you'll kindly tie France with Britain in the official poll, I'll look the other way, hahaha.

can I vote France and Portugal, or is it single vote only ?

Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
I will allow you two votes because you have been an active participant in this thread.

I've logged your vote for Portugal. If you'll kindly tie France with Britain in the official poll, I'll look the other way, hahaha.
do I have to actually press on the country of choice ?

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I vote Ireland, Wales and Portugal

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Please kindly click on Ireland, then.

Wales is cool. Unfortunately, since there were only so many poll choices, I couldn't include Wales. I had to consolidate Scotland, England, Ireland, Cornwall, the Isle of Mann, the Shetlands, and the Faroe Islands to one label- British.

My surname is Welsh in origin, so it's close to my heart as well.

Kicking myself for putting the Czechs up instead of the Portuguese.

I vote Ireland, Wales and Portugal

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Please kindly click on Ireland, then.

Wales is cool. Unfortunately, since there were only so many poll choices, I couldn't include Wales. I had to consolidate Scotland, England, Ireland, Cornwall, the Isle of Mann, the Shetlands, and the Faroe Islands to one label- British.

My surname is Welsh in origin, so it's close to my heart as well.

Kicking myself for putting the Czechs up instead of the Portuguese.
Done (casting the vote).
I picked these as they are part of my heritage. I have three more.