The Best Western European Culture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Which is tops?

• French

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • German

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Italian

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Spanish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swiss

• Dutch

• Irish

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • British

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Belgian

• Czech

• Total voters

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
That means creating another thread and we're 7 pages in. I'm lodging Portuguese as an informal option. So far I have three informal votes for Portus Cale.

Tied with Italy now.

Do another poll, using the other options.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Translates "The Old Guard dies, but does not surrender!"
A well... My translation of that was way off the mark...:)

I saw the words muerte which is kill or can be die and the word pas which is peace in some languages... LoL... My bad

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Welsh/Irish :love:

Dats me. Well. 25% of me.
My surname is a typical Irish surname even though I don't look Irish lol.
I always wanted to marry an Italian when I was younger. I liked the way they seemed to be very family orientated and had their big family festivities and of course I love their authentic Italian food.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
French is weird. They like it like that.

A well... My translation of that was way off the mark...:)

I saw the words muerte which is kill or can be die and the word pas which is peace in some languages... LoL... My bad

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
And only three? Man I'm a real mutt. My heritage covers six or seven of those options easy.
No, I have six (that I know of) but only three come under the European banner.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Yeah, I would have guessed you're Spanish judging by the profile pic.

See, Italy is popular!

I have no preferred ethnicity, but I'm trying to charm a Brazilian girl right now. We'll see how far that goes.

My surname is a typical Irish surname even though I don't look Irish lol.
I always wanted to marry an Italian when I was younger. I liked the way they seemed to be very family orientated and had their big family festivities and of course I love their authentic Italian food.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Oh see I'm a thoroughly European mutt. What isn't under the European banner if you don't mind my asking?

No, I have six (that I know of) but only three come under the European banner.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Yeah, I would have guessed you're Spanish judging by the profile pic.

See, Italy is popular!

I have no preferred ethnicity, but I'm trying to charm a Brazilian girl right now. We'll see how far that goes.

Italy would be fascinating to visit. I think anyway.
Good luck with the Brazilian girl, if it works out for you you can give advise to the rest of us singles of what to do and what not to do lol.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I'm counting two votes for Portugal though. Which means y'all are tied for second with Britain.
2 votes for Portugal but it isn't on the list... How? Did someone else bombard you with Greta as well?:LOL: And so u counted us?
Ok then i won't cast a vote then...

If i was to change it i would do this...

Remove Switzerland, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Ireland.Cos they haven't really ever been big achievers of anything. Ok Belgian chocolate is number one and the Swiss are famous for their watches but still. Ireland is part of Britain or the UK and Czechoslovakia doesn't exist anymore it split in two...

And add...
Greece... Do i need to explain... Cmon now
Scandinavians under one banner, the Vikings... Again, most people know the Vikings
Portugal... See Greta if unsure
Last one is a bit tough but id put in Russia

Maybe put Italy in a group with the Vatican (Holy Roman Empire)...

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Switzerland gave us Calvinism. Even if you don't like it, it's easily one of the most important religious movements in world history.

My brother-in-law is from Belgium. It stays.

Czechs are more Eastern than Western, but the CIA still considers them Western Europe for some stupid reason.

I admire Ireland, but I agree. Could be British.

Greece is Western, but I wouldn't call it Western European. More Southern Euro..

Scandinavians are in a class of their own.

Yes, Portugal should be an option.

Russia is Eastern Europe. Anyboy who says otherwise is on drugs.

2 votes for Portugal but it isn't on the list... How? Did someone else bombard you with Greta as well?:LOL: And so u counted us?
Ok then i won't cast a vote then...

If i was to change it i would do this...

Remove Switzerland, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Ireland.Cos they haven't really ever been big achievers of anything. Ok Belgian chocolate is number one and the Swiss are famous for their watches but still. Ireland is part of Britain or the UK and Czechoslovakia doesn't exist anymore it split in two...

And add...
Greece... Do i need to explain... Cmon now
Scandinavians under one banner, the Vikings... Again, most people know the Vikings
Portugal... See Greta if unsure
Last one is a bit tough but id put in Russia

Maybe put Italy in a group with the Vatican (Holy Roman Empire)...

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
So far I have three informal votes for Portus Cale
Does that come from legitimate knowledge of our history or a spelling error???

Cos before its formation Potucale was the name of the County of Portugal...
Not many people would know that outside of Portugal i would of thought

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Switzerland gave us Calvinism. Even if you don't like it, it's easily one of the most important religious movements in world history.

My brother-in-law is from Belgium. It stays.

Czechs are more Eastern than Western, but the CIA still considers them Western Europe for some stupid reason.

I admire Ireland, but I agree. Could be British.

Greece is Western, but I wouldn't call it Western European. More Southern Euro..

Scandinavians are in a class of their own.

Yes, Portugal should be an option.

Russia is Eastern Europe. Anyboy who says otherwise is on drugs.
Sorry i missed the western part... Fair enough... Greece is in the east...
You could use the old iron curtain to split Europe.. And the Vikings would miss out too...
Awww i like the Vikings, great navigators as well

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Portus Cale is the oldest known Latin name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portus_Cale