You make a point that is worth noting.Huh?! Obviously repentance means turning away from sin and toward God when speaking of salvation!
What other options do you have in mind/did you discover in your search/study?
"when speaking of salvation!"
One major rule of Bible interpretation is context.
When a college pastor name Dave took me to task on my questioning his definition of this word Repent/repentance, he handed me his sermon notes and told me to study them.
I studied every sentence and verse he used to try to teach works salvation. I saw that he failed to actually define the word of his word study according to the Bible and the dictionaries. On top of that, the context of the verses he picked were incorrect.
Who was I too question the doctrine of a graduate with an M.Div. who was ordained to be the college pastor of a ministry for a Baptist church?
I'm glad he rebuked me because I was more interested in getting at the truth of God than to be in agreement with Dave or with any other preacher.
I got motivated to mark his notes as I studied and do an exhaustive word study on the many uses beyond, that took quite some time. However it was worth every hour..