The Birth of our King

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
23,049
4,101
113
Everyone is playing the Christmas music lighting their houses with Christmas lights and doing their Christmas shopping.
Christmas is a time of giving not getting and it is to celebrate the birth of our savior Lord and king. I can only imagine how much joy filled the hearts of the three wise men when they saw the star that signaled the birth of Jesus and how honored Mary must have felt to be chosen to give birth to her King and savior.

The scriptures were quite clear on how it would happen

Isaiah 7:14—Isaiah prophesies that a pure young woman will give birth to God’s son.
•

Matthew 1:18–23—Isaiah’s prophecy is fulfilled.
•

Isaiah 9:6—Isaiah prophesies that Jesus Christ will come as a baby; Jesus is described by several names.
•

Micah 5:2—Micah prophesies that Jesus will be born in Bethlehem.
•

Matthew 2:4–6—The scribes knew that Bethlehem was the prophesied birthplace of the Messiah.
•

1 Nephi 11:18–21—Nephi prophesies that the Son of God will be born to a virgin.
•

Luke 1:26–31—A virgin named Mary will be the mother of Jesus Christ.
•

Alma 7:9–10—Alma prophesies that Jesus will be born to Mary.
•

Luke 2:4–7—Jesus is born.
•

Helaman 14:1–6—Samuel the Lamanite prophesies of the signs at Jesus’ birth.
•

3 Nephi 1:4–21—On the night of Jesus’ birth, a new star rose.
•

Matthew 2:2—A new star appeared in Israel.

Some people think Jesus' birthday is december 25th however the scriptures don't give the date of his birth so Christmas is instead a time to celebrate his birth. Some ppl including Christians say Christmas is of pagan origin. Easter halloween valentines day these all have pagan origins however Christmas if indeed pagan is the only one in which ppl all over america sing praises to God about his sons birth. true their are Christmas songs about santa and such but so much more songs about Christs birth.

However something I noticed about the name santa is if you switch the words around it spells satan, so perhaps satan uses santa to bring the focus off Christs birth with a jolly fat bringer of toys. this is just a thought.
 
"Miriam was forced to give birth in a stable because there was no room at the inn - because people from all over had gathered in Jerusalem for the census! Not to mention, it was also the festival of Sukkot - Tabernacles - when many pilgrims came to celebrate in Jerusalem...."

"One of the Feasts Yeshua fulfilled was His own birthday: The first day of Sukkot - the Feast of Tabernacles, which falls in the September/October timeframe on our man-made Gregorian calendars - three months before "Christmas"! This makes Christmas a lie on many levels, especially the "Santa Claus" lie we tell our children. Most know that lying is a sin...."
When was Yeshua born?
 
Deuteronomy 12:3, "You must destroy their altars, break down their sacred pillars and burn their sacred poles. Cut down the images of their gods and wipe out their names from those places. You must not worship Yahweh your Father in such ways."

Deuteronomy 12:29, “When Yahweh your Father cuts off the nations from in front of you, and you displace them and live in their land, Be careful not to be ensnared into following them by asking about their gods, saying: How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do the same. You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way, for every abomination to Yahweh, which He hates, they have done to their gods."

Info concerning this topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GF5iRgYWpo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W52y1USfAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsVShi5zjSY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeM3bvTOlIA
 
So what is the purpose of the post what is the direction? I'm not clear
pastac
 
Everyone is playing the Christmas music lighting their houses with Christmas lights and doing their Christmas shopping.
Christmas is a time of giving not getting and it is to celebrate the birth of our savior Lord and king. I can only imagine how much joy filled the hearts of the three wise men when they saw the star that signaled the birth of Jesus and how honored Mary must have felt to be chosen to give birth to her King and savior.

The scriptures were quite clear on how it would happen

Isaiah 7:14—Isaiah prophesies that a pure young woman will give birth to God’s son.
•

Matthew 1:18–23—Isaiah’s prophecy is fulfilled.
•

Isaiah 9:6—Isaiah prophesies that Jesus Christ will come as a baby; Jesus is described by several names.
•

Micah 5:2—Micah prophesies that Jesus will be born in Bethlehem.
•

Matthew 2:4–6—The scribes knew that Bethlehem was the prophesied birthplace of the Messiah.
•

1 Nephi 11:18–21—Nephi prophesies that the Son of God will be born to a virgin.
•

Luke 1:26–31—A virgin named Mary will be the mother of Jesus Christ.
•

Alma 7:9–10—Alma prophesies that Jesus will be born to Mary.
•

Luke 2:4–7—Jesus is born.
•

Helaman 14:1–6—Samuel the Lamanite prophesies of the signs at Jesus’ birth.
•

3 Nephi 1:4–21—On the night of Jesus’ birth, a new star rose.
•

Matthew 2:2—A new star appeared in Israel.

Some people think Jesus' birthday is december 25th however the scriptures don't give the date of his birth so Christmas is instead a time to celebrate his birth. Some ppl including Christians say Christmas is of pagan origin. Easter halloween valentines day these all have pagan origins however Christmas if indeed pagan is the only one in which ppl all over america sing praises to God about his sons birth. true their are Christmas songs about santa and such but so much more songs about Christs birth.

However something I noticed about the name santa is if you switch the words around it spells satan, so perhaps satan uses santa to bring the focus off Christs birth with a jolly fat bringer of toys. this is just a thought.

Blain,
Are you a Mormon now, or are you just trying to post something controversial to get everyone arguing again?????

You listed 3 Books that are MORMON scriptures:
- Alma
- Nephi
- Helaman

So are you a full blown heretic now, or are you just winding everybody up to amuse yourself?


 
Deuteronomy 12:3, "You must destroy their altars, break down their sacred pillars and burn their sacred poles. Cut down the images of their gods and wipe out their names from those places. You must not worship Yahweh your Father in such ways."

Deuteronomy 12:29, “When Yahweh your Father cuts off the nations from in front of you, and you displace them and live in their land, Be careful not to be ensnared into following them by asking about their gods, saying: How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do the same. You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way, for every abomination to Yahweh, which He hates, they have done to their gods."

Info concerning this topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GF5iRgYWpo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W52y1USfAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsVShi5zjSY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeM3bvTOlIA

I agree with these two scriptures because many see Christmas as a time of presents and instead of Jesus they worship santa clause. they don't bow down to him but having him as their symbol of Christmas is a type of worship. Christmas should be a time where everyone is giving praise and worship to God for his gracious son's birth and heaven should be flooded with sweet incense of thanks and blessings to God
 
Blain,
Are you a Mormon now, or are you just trying to post something controversial to get everyone arguing again?????

You listed 3 Books that are MORMON scriptures:
- Alma
- Nephi
- Helaman

So are you a full blown heretic now, or are you just winding everybody up to amuse yourself?



so you see the same things I see in most of his post too!
 
Blain,
Are you a Mormon now, or are you just trying to post something controversial to get everyone arguing again?????

You listed 3 Books that are MORMON scriptures:
- Alma
- Nephi
- Helaman

So are you a full blown heretic now, or are you just winding everybody up to amuse yourself?


umm I may have messed up I googled scripture of Christ birth and I guess I didn't pay close enough attention, I havent had my morning medicine so I am unable to focus as well as usual. the purpose of this thread was to speak of how Christmas should be celebrated not cause trouble I am deeply sorry I wish I could change the op
 
Blain,
Are you a Mormon now, or are you just trying to post something controversial to get everyone arguing again?????

You listed 3 Books that are MORMON scriptures:
- Alma
- Nephi
- Helaman

So are you a full blown heretic now, or are you just winding everybody up to amuse yourself?


I completely missed that!
 
I believe Blain is still sincere but I do have a lot of red flags with his post so for the most part I just sit back. He has a lot of time as he post thousands of times so I'll just stay on my side of the fence
 
I agree with these two scriptures because many see Christmas as a time of presents and instead of Jesus they worship santa clause. they don't bow down to him but having him as their symbol of Christmas is a type of worship. Christmas should be a time where everyone is giving praise and worship to God for his gracious son's birth and heaven should be flooded with sweet incense of thanks and blessings to God

But wouldn't "keeping" Christmas for Jesus/Yahshua be, against this?

"You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way"

Wouldn't it be better to celebrate Yahshua's birth during Tabernacles. (I personally believe so)
 
umm I may have messed up I googled scripture of Christ birth and I guess I didn't pay close enough attention, I havent had my morning medicine so I am unable to focus as well as usual. the purpose of this thread was to speak of how Christmas should be celebrated not cause trouble I am deeply sorry I wish I could change the op

Blain posted some Mormon scriptures from Mormon books.

He said it was a mistake, and he apologized.

I'm fine with that.
 
umm I may have messed up I googled scripture of Christ birth and I guess I didn't pay close enough attention, I havent had my morning medicine so I am unable to focus as well as usual. the purpose of this thread was to speak of how Christmas should be celebrated not cause trouble I am deeply sorry I wish I could change the op


You don't need to apologize, Blain. We all make mistakes.. as for your meds.....TAKE THEM!! :)


 
But wouldn't "keeping" Christmas for Jesus/Yahshua be, against this?

"You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way"

Wouldn't it be better to celebrate Yahshua's birth during Tabernacles. (I personally believe so)
No I think what it means when it says not to worship him like them is not to worship him with a vain heart. Lots of ppl back them worshiped God with their mouths not their hearts and when they worshiped him with their mouths they continued in their sinful acts
 
Blain just know this because not everyone post to your threads does not mean they don't read them. The apology was needed to clarify your intent. I accepted that apology as sincere. As a Christian I would not use the kran to make any point Just a thought.
pastac
 
You don't need to apologize, Blain. We all make mistakes.. as for your meds.....TAKE THEM!! :)


Also ty blue for your kind words but when you post scriptures from a Mormon book to speak of Christs birth on a Christian forum in the bible discussion forum an apology is needed. Especially since I hold the scriptures in the bible in very high regard I absolutely have to apologize to everyone and especially God. The word of God is not to be messed with, not something as holy and sacred as the bible that is a big no no
 
Also ty blue for your kind words but when you post scriptures from a Mormon book to speak of Christs birth on a Christian forum in the bible discussion forum an apology is needed. Especially since I hold the scriptures in the bible in very high regard I absolutely have to apologize to everyone and especially God. The word of God is not to be messed with, not something as holy and sacred as the bible that is a big no no


You're welcome, Blain.. IMHO, the one(s) who called you a heretic should also apologize, seeing as how it was a mistake.. just sayin'... :)
 
No I think what it means when it says not to worship him like them is not to worship him with a vain heart. Lots of ppl back them worshiped God with their mouths not their hearts and when they worshiped him with their mouths they continued in their sinful acts

I partly agree but if Christmas is a man made day, originally a sun worship day, I don't see how it would not be violating; "You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way."

Isayah 29:13, "Therefore Yahweh said: Because these people draw near to Me with their mouths and honor Me with their lips, but have removed their hearts far from Me,
and their reverence to Me is taught by the precept of men;"

1Co 10:20,21 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would that ye should not have fellowship with devils. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.


CHRISTMAS%20TREE%20IS%20THE%20SERPENT%20TREE%20OF%20ENLGIHTENMENT.gif


Yeremyah 10:1-6, "Hear the word which Yahweh speaks concerning you, O house of Israyl. This is what Yahweh says: Do not learn the way of the heathen and do not be deceived by the signs of heaven; though the heathen are deceived by them For the religious customs of the peoples are vain; worthless! For one cuts a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. They decorate it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, so that it will not move; topple over. They are upright, like a palm tree, but they cannot speak; they must be carried, because they cannot go by themselves. Do not give them reverence! They cannot do evil, nor is it in them to do righteousness!"



babylonian-christmas-tree-2.jpg


YHWH_Xmas_Tree_blog.jpg


Yahchanan (John) 4:24, "Yahweh is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth."

 
Status
Not open for further replies.