The Birth of our King

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe my post are invisible Blain but you are being watched as we all are. Just know that.
pastac
 
I partly agree but if Christmas is a man made day, originally a sun worship day, I don't see how it would not be violating; "You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way."

Isayah 29:13, "Therefore Yahweh said: Because these people draw near to Me with their mouths and honor Me with their lips, but have removed their hearts far from Me,
and their reverence to Me is taught by the precept of men;"

1Co 10:20,21 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would that ye should not have fellowship with devils. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.


CHRISTMAS%20TREE%20IS%20THE%20SERPENT%20TREE%20OF%20ENLGIHTENMENT.gif


Yeremyah 10:1-6, "Hear the word which Yahweh speaks concerning you, O house of Israyl. This is what Yahweh says: Do not learn the way of the heathen and do not be deceived by the signs of heaven; though the heathen are deceived by them For the religious customs of the peoples are vain; worthless! For one cuts a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. They decorate it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, so that it will not move; topple over. They are upright, like a palm tree, but they cannot speak; they must be carried, because they cannot go by themselves. Do not give them reverence! They cannot do evil, nor is it in them to do righteousness!"



babylonian-christmas-tree-2.jpg


YHWH_Xmas_Tree_blog.jpg


Yahchanan (John) 4:24, "Yahweh is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth."

So are you saying we shouldn't celebrate Christmas? even if instead of us making it about presents and santa we make it about our Lord and savior?
 
Maybe my post are invisible Blain but you are being watched as we all are. Just know that.
pastac
No for your posts to be invisible I would have to put you on block and I wouldn't do that. I read what you said and I am well aware:)
 
So are you saying we shouldn't celebrate Christmas? even if instead of us making it about presents and santa we make it about our Lord and savior?

Emphatically YES, I am saying we should not celebrate xmas. We should celebrate the Feasts of the Eternal.
 
So are you saying we shouldn't celebrate Christmas? even if instead of us making it about presents and santa we make it about our Lord and savior?

Not when He says: "You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way."

ORIGIN%20OF%20APOLLO.gif


Isaiah 57:5, "Enflaming yourselves with IDOLS UNDER EVERY GREEN TREE, ..."

iNFLAMING%20YOURSELVES%20WITH%20IDOLS%20UNDER%20EVERY%20GREEN%20TREE.gif
 
So are you saying we shouldn't celebrate Christmas? even if instead of us making it about presents and santa we make it about our Lord and savior?

Why wouldn't you just celebrate the days God says to? The same days the Apostles celebrated?
 
Why wouldn't you just celebrate the days God says to? The same days the Apostles celebrated?
If your talking about the feast days those were for the jews not the gentiles and this is not the thread to debate about keeping the feast days
 
Not when He says: "You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way."

ORIGIN%20OF%20APOLLO.gif


Isaiah 57:5, "Enflaming yourselves with IDOLS UNDER EVERY GREEN TREE, ..."

iNFLAMING%20YOURSELVES%20WITH%20IDOLS%20UNDER%20EVERY%20GREEN%20TREE.gif
I am sorry but you cannot just pick apart scripture like that. you have to read the verse as a whole here is the whole scripture

Enflaming yourselves with idols under every green tree, slaying the children in the valleys under the clifts of the rocks?
Since when does Christmas slay children under cliffs of the rocks?
 
In 10 BCE, Ceasar Augustus replaced SOL with APOLLO and the Roman synthesis adopted December 25th to coincide with the solar deity throughout the empire. - The Winter Solstice: The Sacred Traditions of Christmas By John Matthews, pg. 52

QUOTE: In Rome December 25 was made popular by Pope Liberius in 354 and became the rule in the West in 435 when the first "Christ mass" was officiated byPOPE SIXTUS III. This coincided with the date of a celebration by the Romans to THEIR PRIMARY GOD, THE SUN, and to Mithras, a popular Persian sun god supposedly born on the same day. The Roman Catholic writer Mario Righetti candidly ADMITS that, "to facilitate the acceptance of the faith by the pagan masses, the Church of Rome found it convenient to institute the 25th of December as the feast of the birth of Christ to divert them from the pagan feast, celebrated on the same day in HONOR of the 'INVINCABLE SUN' Mithras, the conqueror of darkness" (Manual of Liturgical History, 1955, Vol. 2, p. 67).

​
Quoting VIRGIL's Prophecy From The Ecologues at the dedication of the Thea Sophia Church in Constantinople:
Now the last age by Cumae's Sibyl sung Has come and gone, and the majestic roll Of circling centuries begins anew: Justice returns, returns old Saturn's reign, With a new breed of men sent down from heaven. Only do thou, at the boy's birth in whom The iron shall cease, the golden race arise, Befriend him, chaste Lucina; 'tis THINE OWN APOLLO REIGNS', Ecologue 4, 7 - SAINT CONSTANTINE

SOLSTICE%20CHOSEN.gif

 
Hizikya you make many good points but I think in end It is a matter of the heart. I am not educated enough to debate with you on this manner but I am sure someone else is. In the end ppl will do what they do and I will think about this manner and if God wants me to never celebrate Christmas then I won't but something tells me that God doesn't care if it has pagan origins but rather he looks to the heart of those who celebrate it
 
Blain, not to drag on when you have already apologized, which I appreciate, but this is why reading and knowing the Bible is so important. It helps you identify books which are not in the canon, by name and by content.

I pray every Chrisitian would take the study of the Sciptures seriously!

And Blain, I was wondering what kind of meds you take that would affect your focus and concentration? Maybe ADHD? Maybe meds? I have a son with that, and another with ADD. So I was just wondering.
 
If your talking about the feast days those were for the jews not the gentiles and this is not the thread to debate about keeping the feast days

Show me xmas in the N.T. Show me where we are to celebrate the birth of Christ in place of the Feast Days.
 
Hizikya you make many good points but I think in end It is a matter of the heart. I am not educated enough to debate with you on this manner but I am sure someone else is. In the end ppl will do what they do and I will think about this manner and if God wants me to never celebrate Christmas then I won't but something tells me that God doesn't care if it has pagan origins but rather he looks to the heart of those who celebrate it

Well, Uzza had a good heart. His intention was to stabilize the Ark and keep it from falling to the ground. He DIED for his error.
 
I am sorry but you cannot just pick apart scripture like that. you have to read the verse as a whole here is the whole scripture

Enflaming yourselves with idols under every green tree, slaying the children in the valleys under the clifts of the rocks?
Since when does Christmas slay children under cliffs of the rocks?

Ok, so Scripture says, "You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way, for every abomination to Yahweh, which He hates, they have done to their gods. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire"

"They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire" (as if to say, they even go as far as to...)

Just because I don't burn my sons and daughters in the fire does not mean none of this applies to me. Just because I dont go to the full extent of this error doesn't mean I can do a little of the error.

We all know about "sitting on santa's lap..."

Well that practice came from parents setting their children on the hands of a glowing hot statue of Molech, red-hot. That is why santa wears red. If you study what "putting the branch to ones nose" is you will see what I say is sadly a fact.

020105bgrove6.jpg



Yeremyah 7:9-11, "Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, vow falsely, burn incense to Baal follow hinder gods you know nothing of, And then come and stand before Me in this House upon which My Name is called, and say; We are saved! Saved to do all these abominations? Has this House, which is called with My Name, become a den of thieves in your eyes? Behold, I, even I, have seen this! says Yahweh."


Deuteronomy 12:29-32, “When Yahweh your Father cuts off the nations from in front of you, and you displace them and live in their land, Be careful not to be ensnared into following them by asking about their gods, saying: How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do the same. You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way, for every abomination to Yahweh, which He hates, they have done to their gods. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods. Whatsoever I command you, be careful to observe and do it, you shall not add to it, nor take away from it."
 
Blain, not to drag on when you have already apologized, which I appreciate, but this is why reading and knowing the Bible is so important. It helps you identify books which are not in the canon, by name and by content.

I pray every Chrisitian would take the study of the Sciptures seriously!

And Blain, I was wondering what kind of meds you take that would affect your focus and concentration? Maybe ADHD? Maybe meds? I have a son with that, and another with ADD. So I was just wondering.
with my double dose of brain damage I have a hard time focusing and I take medicine for that but this wasn't a matter of not knowing the bible I simply was unable to see them. Honestly it was all kind of a blurr and I barely could even read the scriptures.
 
Ok, so Scripture says, "You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way, for every abomination to Yahweh, which He hates, they have done to their gods. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire"

"They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire" (as if to say, they even go as far as to...)

Just because I don't burn my sons and daughters in the fire does not mean none of this applies to me. Just because I dont go to the full extent of this error doesn't mean I can do a little of the error.

We all know about "sitting on santa's lap..."

Well that practice came from parents setting their children on the hands of a glowing hot statue of Molech, red-hot. That is why santa wears red. If you study what "putting the branch to ones nose" is you will see what I say is sadly a fact.

020105bgrove6.jpg



Yeremyah 7:9-11, "Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, vow falsely, burn incense to Baal follow hinder gods you know nothing of, And then come and stand before Me in this House upon which My Name is called, and say; We are saved! Saved to do all these abominations? Has this House, which is called with My Name, become a den of thieves in your eyes? Behold, I, even I, have seen this! says Yahweh."


Deuteronomy 12:29-32, “When Yahweh your Father cuts off the nations from in front of you, and you displace them and live in their land, Be careful not to be ensnared into following them by asking about their gods, saying: How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do the same. You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way, for every abomination to Yahweh, which He hates, they have done to their gods. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods. Whatsoever I command you, be careful to observe and do it, you shall not add to it, nor take away from it."

Sure we do today. We sacrifice our unborn children on the altar of promiscuity.
 
with my double dose of brain damage I have a hard time focusing and I take medicine for that but this wasn't a matter of not knowing the bible I simply was unable to see them. Honestly it was all kind of a blurr and I barely could even read the scriptures.

You know what? That is not of major importance Blain. God judges according to what He has given you...

Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

A rather negative verse but the point is made that we are judged on what has been given us.
 
Hizikya you make many good points but I think in end It is a matter of the heart. I am not educated enough to debate with you on this manner but I am sure someone else is. In the end ppl will do what they do and I will think about this manner and if God wants me to never celebrate Christmas then I won't but something tells me that God doesn't care if it has pagan origins but rather he looks to the heart of those who celebrate it

I respect your view and we have talked once, so I hope you know I am sincere.

I have to say, when you said , "something tells me that God doesn't care if it has pagan origins" IMO this could not be more wrong. I know I just posted it, but how can you say He does not care when HE SAYS THIS?

Deuteronomy 12:29-32, “When Yahweh your Father cuts off the nations from in front of you, and you displace them and live in their land, Be careful not to be ensnared into following them by asking about their gods, saying: How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do the same. You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way, for every abomination to Yahweh, which He hates, they have done to their gods. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods. Whatsoever I command you, be careful to observe and do it, you shall not add to it, nor take away from it."

must not

which He hates
 
Sure we do today. We sacrifice our unborn children on the altar of promiscuity.
what in the world? This was a thread to show the true meaning of Christmas not about the feast days or abortion
 
what in the world? This was a thread to show the true meaning of Christmas not about the feast days or abortion

Well, alrighty then, what is the true meaning of xmas? From what did xmas come and what are it's roots?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.