The Book of life: The Lamb's Book of Life & The Book of Remembrance:

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

IFOLLOWHIM

Rev.20:12 And I saw the dead,small and great,stand before God; and the books ( plural) were opened: and another book ( singular) was opened which is the Book of Life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books according to their work......Dan.7:10

I do not believe in predestination as some per say for the word says in Rms.10:13 WHOSOEVER shall call upon the name of the Lord....

The word says in Eze.18:4 Behold ALL souls are mine....
i think the Book of Life contains the names of every soul born on this earth and they are recorded therein.
God said in Ex.32:33 And the Lord said unto Moses,whosoever hath sinned against me,him will I blot out of my book.

Jesus said unto His disciples in Luke10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not,that the spirits are subject unto you: but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.

Rev.21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth,neither whatsoever worketh abomination,or maketh a lie: But they which are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

I believe beside our names at our rebirth unto Jesus,He begins an account of us as stewards of His sacrifice. We will give an account of every word,Mt.12:36 and our actions performed as we lived for Him.
1 Cor.6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your BODY,and in your SPIRIT,which are God's.
Rms.14:12 So then EVERY ONE of us shall give account of himself to God.

In the record is shame or rewards,Jesus used many parables to teach us this!
Rewards for following Christ faithfully,making sure our sins are covered by Him.
Rewards for ACTS that imitate Him and His mission in the life we live.
Jn.15:10 If ye keep my commandments,ye shall abide in my love,even as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Book of Remembrance
Mal.3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened,and HEARD it, and a Book of Remembrance was written before Him for them that feared the Lord,and that thought upon His name.

When we share the word in unity and fellowship of the Spirit,it is recorded by God. Even our thinking on Him is recorded here!

We strive about the 613 Mosiac Law given to the children of Israel because of their hardheartedness and backsliding against God.
There are upwards of 1050 commands given in the N. T. for those of us who live in grace by faith in Jesus.

Let us examine our accounts daily and be found written in the books!

Your thoughts:

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Rev.20:12 And I saw the dead,small and great,stand before God; and the books ( plural) were opened: and another book ( singular) was opened which is the Book of Life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books according to their work......Dan.7:10

I do not believe in predestination as some per say for the word says in Rms.10:13 WHOSOEVER shall call upon the name of the Lord....

i think the Book of Life contains the names of every soul born on this earth and they are recorded therein.
God said in Ex.32:33 And the Lord said unto Moses,whosoever hath sinned against me,him will I blot out of my book.

Jesus said unto His disciples in Luke10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not,that the spirits are subject unto you: but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.

Rev.21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth,neither whatsoever worketh abomination,or maketh a lie: But they which are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

I believe beside our names at our rebirth unto Jesus,He begins an account of us as stewards of His sacrifice. We will give an account of every word,Mt.12:36 and our actions performed as we lived for Him.
1 Cor.6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your BODY,and in your SPIRIT,which are God's.

Rewards for following Christ faithfully,making sure our sins are covered by Him.
Jn.15:10 If ye keep my commandments,ye shall abide in my love,even as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Book of Remembrance
Mal.3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened,and HEARD it, and a Book of Remembrance was written before Him for them that feared the Lord,and that thought upon His name.

When we share the word in unity and fellowship of the Spirit,it is recorded by God. Even our thinking on Him is recorded here!

We strive about the 613 Mosiac Law given to the children of Israel because of their hardheartedness and backsliding against God.
There are upwards of 1050 commands given in the N. T. for those of us who live in grace by faith in Jesus.

Your thoughts:
I believe THe BIBLE is the WORD of GOD , I don't believe That I can trust what's written in red no better then the rest .
I believe as long as WE are doing what it say , In obedience to all HIS WORD with All the Knowledge in that HE gives US .
Then I believe we are on the straight & narrow way that leads to Life . To be with JESUS .
But what saved my papaw will not save me . Because my papaw didn't know some of the things that I know .
GOD has give me knowledge that he didn't have , like the true 7 th day SABBATH . NOW that GODs Give me the knowledge of the SABBATH . THE BIBLE IS THE WORD GOD , SO BY FAITH I HAFT TO OBEY .TO STAY IN THE FAITH. Because I believe that the BIBLE is the WORD of GOD . And I haft to put my trust in it that it is the WORD OF GOD . & obey OR I WILL BE OUT OF THE FAITH . & on the wrong path , that leads to destruction , I prey that this make since . GOD bless as HE sees Fit .

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn

Book of Remembrance

Your thoughts:
It's not HIS will for any to perish , BUT that ALL would repent , & turn from their sins so HE could save us ALL , But those that holed on to their sins & want let them GO & repent , will be destroyed , when HE destroys sin . GOD bless as HE sees FIT.

L

Locoponydirtman

Book of Remembrance

Your thoughts:
So you think that salvation will be a matter of good works vs bad works, and which ever one tips the balances determines where you end up?
Is this a fair break down of it all in your post?

I

IFOLLOWHIM

So you think that salvation will be a matter of good works vs bad works, and which ever one tips the balances determines where you end up?

No that is NOT what I'm posting!
No one can work their way to heaven,JESUS is the only way to salvation. It is a gift God gave for the redemption of sinful humanity.
I'm stating my thoughts on the books that are kept in heaven of a record of the life we live in service for a just and merciful God.

We were purchased with a terrible price paid for in Jesus' blood,we owe unto Him honourable service of worship and a dedicated to His word life.

I care not for all the hoopla of the breakdown in text and context.
The Holy Spirit guides me quite nicely through the translation of my choice without all the muckety muck some of you crave.

EVERYONE will give account,now deal with it!

L

Locoponydirtman

No that is NOT what I'm posting!
No one can work their way to heaven,JESUS is the only way to salvation. It is a gift God gave for the redemption of sinful humanity.
I'm stating my thoughts on the books that are kept in heaven of a record of the life we live in service for a just and merciful God.

We were purchased with a terrible price paid for in Jesus' blood,we owe unto Him honourable service of worship and a dedicated to His word life.

I care not for all the hoopla of the breakdown in text and context.
The Holy Spirit guides me quite nicely through the translation of my choice without all the muckety muck some of you crave.

EVERYONE will give account,now deal with it!
Why the hostility?

I'm just trying to understand the gist of your post here.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

Why the hostility?

I'm just trying to understand the gist of your post here.
I

I'm sorry please for give me!
Seems there are hardly ever kindnesses in the BDF,so I reacted from past experiences!
Again I'm sorry!

L

Locoponydirtman

I

I'm sorry please for give me!
Seems there are hardly ever kindnesses in the BDF,so I reacted from past experiences!
Again I'm sorry!
We are good.

Could I get you to entreat me to a simplified summary of your post here.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

I was studying the records God keeps and found the " Books" opened in Revelations.
Through my personal study this is what I have come up with.
I think ALL souls born on earth are recorded in the Book of Life,which God holds.
I also think there is the Lamb's Book which Jesus records those born again and notes our life in Him.
The Book of Remembrance in Malachi records our conversation about Him and even when we think on " Him"
Of course I'm human and subject to error.
I was wondering if anyone else had thoughts on the subject of the books,that I believe are our accounts.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015

Hello IFOLLOWHIM,

The church will be judged at the Bema seat of Christ after the dead and living in Christ are caught up (2 Cor.5:10, I Thess.4:16). However, those in Christ will not be judged for sin, but will receive reward or suffer loss of reward. Our sins have already been paid for and scripture says that God remembers them no more. He casts them as far as the east is from the west.

Revelation20:11-15 is the great white throne judgment where all of the unrighteous dead, i.e. those who died in their sins throughout all of history, will stand before God to be judged for every idle word they spoke. These are those of whom the second death has power over and that because they will have not belonged to the first resurrection, i.e. every phase of the first resurrection which takes place prior to the millennial kingdom. The church will not be judged at this judgment. In fact, at some point Paul says "don't you know that we will judge the world. Don't you know that we shall judge angels (I Cor.6:1-3). Also, the fact that scripture states that "death and Hades delivered up the dead that was in them," which is a place of torment in flame (Luke 16:19-31), tells us that those who come out of there are the unrighteous dead, else they wouldn't be in there in the first place.

Regarding predestination and God's Sovereign election, consider the following scriptures:

"And all who dwell on the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written from the foundation of the world in the Book of Life belonging to the Lamb who was slain. (Rev.13:8)

"And those who dwell on the earth whose names were not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world will marvel when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet will be. (Rev.17:8)

These two scriptures above tell us that there were names written in the book of life which took place before the world began. And there were names that were not written in the book of life from the before the world began. Those whose names were written was not due to God looking ahead to the future to see who would have faith, but were written based on God's Sovereign choice. Consider the following scriptures:

"For this is what the Lord has commanded us:

‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles, to bring salvation to the ends of the earth.’ ”
When the Gentiles heard this, they rejoiced and glorified the word of the Lord, and all who were appointed for eternal life believed."

"They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for."

Salvation is not appointed for everyone, but only those whom God chose out of all creation to be saved. In case you are thinking that God is unfair, He is not. For God's salvation is by grace through faith. For scripture states that God has mercy upon whom He will have mercy and He hardens whom He will harden. Regarding this Jesus said, "No one can come to the Son except the Father draws him." This infers that the Father does not draw all people to the Son.

Regarding God's Sovereign election Paul used this illustration stating that "Yet before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad, in order that God’s plan of election might stand, not by works but by Him who calls, she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” So it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

Then He uses another example regarding Pharaoh saying, "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed in all the earth."

So then, it does not depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. Therefore God has mercy on whom He wants to have mercy, and He hardens whom He wants to harden.

The "WHOSEVER" are those who were destined for eternal life by God's Sovereign election. Regarding this, those who are called are still required to have faith, repent and will produce the fruit of the Spirit. Regarding believers, Jesus warns

"But watch yourselves, or your hearts will be weighed down by dissipation, drunkenness, and the worries of life—and that day will spring upon you suddenly like a snare. For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. So keep watch at all times, and pray that you may have the strength to escape all that is about to happen and to stand before the Son of Man.”

The warning above is to believers to not turn back to willfully living according to the sinful nature. For if we are living in that state way when the Lord appears to gather His church, that day will close on them like a trap along with the wicked. So we need to continue in faith, watching and ready, anticipating the Lord's appearing to gather us according to His promise. If believers go back to living the way that the world is living, then will not be caught up to meet the Lord in the air.

My point being is that, even though we have been chosen with our names being written in the book of life before for the world began, we still need to be faithful and watching, because the Lord can and will blot names out of the book of life for those who do not overcome and die in that state. (Rev.3:5)

The above does not prove that salvation is offered to everyone, but that the disciples and everyone else who believes, their names are written in heaven.

Rev.21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: But they which are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.
The scripture above is supporting what is said in Rev.20:15 that "if anyone was found whose name was not written in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." And because they will be thrown into the lake of fire, there will be no one who is unclean who will ever enter the New Jerusalem, nor anyone who practices an abomination or a lie, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

I believe beside our names at our rebirth unto Jesus, He begins an account of us as stewards of His sacrifice. We will give an account of every word, Mt.12:36 and our actions performed as we lived for Him.
Those who will give an account for every idle word, will be those who die in their sins and who will be held accountable for them. Believers in Christ have a promise which says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Therefore, how can believers be held accountable for sins that we have already been cleansed from?

L

Locoponydirtman

I was studying the records God keeps and found the " Books" opened in Revelations.
Through my personal study this is what I have come up with.
I think ALL souls born on earth are recorded in the Book of Life,which God holds.
I also think there is the Lamb's Book which Jesus records those born again and notes our life in Him.
The Book of Remembrance in Malachi records our conversation about Him and even when we think on " Him"
Of course I'm human and subject to error.
I was wondering if anyone else had thoughts on the subject of the books,that I believe are our accounts.
It's an interesting subject, I haven't much studied it the subject.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
A tree can only be known by fruit it bears. When anyone receives the free gift of Salvation by the agony of our Savior, His Blood, and he does not act accordingly, where is the fruit of his faith? Faith without works (fruits) is dead……...it is no faith.

Good night from Gloria-stricken Spain, and God bless all, amen.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Rev.20:12 And I saw the dead,small and great,stand before God; and the books ( plural) were opened:
Daniel already gave us a preview of what is in Revelation (Daniel 7:9,10):

I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of Days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like the pure wool: His throne was like the fiery flame, and His wheels as burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before Him: thousand thousands ministered unto Him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

1. The books (plural) which are opened as those which contain a record of the lives of the unsaved dead, and all their works. Daniel does not complete the narrative, since that is left for the apostle John in Revelation.

2. In order for divine justice to be perfect, the Book of Life (also called the Lamb's Book of Life) is opened to see if there is any entry which corresponds to those in the other books. Since it is the Book of Life, it has a record of those who have received the gift of eternal life through faith in Christ (the Lamb of God) and His finished work of redemption). These are the saints of God, and they are not the one present at the Great White Throne Judgment. Therefore they are excluded by being written the the Book of Life.

3. All those who are not found in the Book of Life are judged according to their works, even though their ultimate destination is the Lake of Fire. Again we see divine justice in that there will be degrees of punishment and suffering in Hell. There are other Scriptures which confirm this.

4. It would appear from other passages that God wrote all of humanity into the Book of Life, but gradually expunged the names of those who did not obey the Gospel and chose to be evildoers. This corresponds to the fact that God will have all men to be saved and come unto the knowledge of the truth. But unless the blood of Christ is applied to their souls, and unless they are in Christ and have the imputed righteousness of Christ credited to their account, they will stand at the Great While Throne Judgment.

5. The second death is connected with the Lake of Fire (eternal Hell). Which indicates that the first death is the separation of the soul and spirit from the body, whereas the second death is the eternal separation of the unsaved individual from the presence of God. A terrible situation. And that is why the Gospel must be preached to every creature.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
WORKS & keeping the the commandments can't take the sins away that we have already committed ,we are dirty , So we haft to have something that will wash sins away , And I only believe there is only one thing that can do this . And that is by faith ,That the blood will cover my sins . By repenting & being buried with HIM , [Dieing out to sin ] Being resurrected , is a new man . And through the power of GOD & by HIS Holy Spirit , I can keep HIS commandments , And as long as I keep HIS Commandments & walk with in laws , I will stay CLEAN . Because The only way we can sin is by braking HIS Commandments . GOD bless as HE sees fit . TO all .

L

Locoponydirtman

I like the k.J.V IT is abount the only that don't try to Hid the SABBATH in Hebrews 4:8-11 .

Don't know anoither one near as it .
I guess you would have to show me evidence of that. Because it's pretty much a key passage that equates Christ to the Sabbath.