The Brexit Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Living here in Spain for much of my Life, BEING A RESIDENT OF THE eu I am quite up on te affairs of Brexit from here. As for the border question, the UK has beenan "almost" memeber of the EU long enought to know well how theborders are. This is another red herring like the former Gibralter red herring.
Gibralter wanted to remainin the EU...…..how could that be when GB is looking to leave the EU? After all Gibralter is a colony of gB.

No any problems of the UK with the EU are quite transparantly solved.. The negotiation is good for one thing and one thing only, to iron out just what must be honored bye each side according to their v ery own agreements.

As for shooting itself......many western countries are doing this gleefully today, so do not think the UK is any different. I ask, what the heck is going on…..then I refernce my understanding from the Word, ad dI know…………….Peop who have CHOSEN evil will believe whatever they want to belive. And so it goes. I pray God bless the people of all nations…..

M

Miri

The only reason I know anything about this is because I watched a show called 'full frontal' with some blonde lady I don't know making fun of all national leaders, including some lady in the U. K.,.

Teresa May is a Christian, a rarity in british politics.

I once heard someone say that to get anywhere in the US you have to
pretend to be Christian, to get anywhere in the UK you have to pretend
not to be a Christian.

It’s probably true but at least both the Prime Minister and the Queen don’t mind
speaking out about their faith. I would rather have Teresa May than Corbyn who is
head of the main opposing party called the Labour Party, they are under
investigation for anti semitism.

https://www.premier.org.uk/EU/3-way...-Christian-faith-impacts-her-public-politics2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45030552

M

Miri

Living here in Spain for much of my Life, BEING A RESIDENT OF THE eu I am quite up on te affairs of Brexit from here. As for the border question, the UK has beenan "almost" memeber of the EU long enought to know well how theborders are. This is another red herring like the former Gibralter red herring.
Gibralter wanted to remainin the EU...…..how could that be when GB is looking to leave the EU? After all Gibralter is a colony of gB.

No any problems of the UK with the EU are quite transparantly solved.. The negotiation is good for one thing and one thing only, to iron out just what must be honored bye each side according to their v ery own agreements.

As for shooting itself......many western countries are doing this gleefully today, so do not think the UK is any different. I ask, what the heck is going on…..then I refernce my understanding from the Word, ad dI know…………….Peop who have CHOSEN evil will believe whatever they want to belive. And so it goes. I pray God bless the people of all nations…..

Exactly the nations war but God is in control.
I honestly think the Brexit is part of God’s larger plan, how that will work out
is yet to be seen. Many Christians over here feel the same.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Teresa May is a Christian, a rarity in british politics.

I once heard someone say that to get anywhere in the US you have to
pretend to be Christian, to get anywhere in the UK you have to pretend
not to be a Christian.

It’s probably true but at least both the Prime Minister and the Queen don’t mind
speaking out about their faith. I would rather have Teresa May than Corbyn who is
head of the main opposing party called the Labour Party, they are under
investigation for anti semitism.

https://www.premier.org.uk/EU/3-way...-Christian-faith-impacts-her-public-politics2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45030552

Interesting quote about the Christian thing. I have to admit I don't watch much about politics or world news.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Interesting quote about the Christian thing. I have to admit I don't watch much about politics or world news.
As concerning our faith in Jesus Christ, all mus shake off the tendency of putting the country they live in at the center of Bibleprophecy.

Here in Spain, a primarily RCC country, I am looked upon more or less as a pagan for not being RCC.

The US is not the center of attention, nor is Europe, nor is the UK:............Of course all may turn out to have quite a role in the last moments, but right now they are just countries, usually headed by diabolical leaqdership, that is unless you can poiint out a leader who is actually spreading the Love of Jesus.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I wish....what a pity when world leaders act like children.

Do you remember the good old days, when world leaders consulted
with God and did His bidding, when they consulted with God when they
did not know what to do or which way to turn. When they trusted in God.

Oops sorry Moses and David are a bit before my time too!

Hello Miri

Which good old days were those? The Bible and secular history are riddled with people who couldnt give a hoot about
what God thought and today is no diffeent

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Back when Brexit was somewhat aa new notion the May-Bot demanded to Europe saying, "Brexit is Brexit." Now she is whining for extensions, new deals and worse.

When this was all going on, I truly was hurting for the UK citizens, but now I have gotten to th epoint, Exit is Exit, so either cross the bridge or letthe rest csross it………...It is a tiring subject at this point, and common sense says stay in, but this time as a full member, not privileges…...none!

M

Miri

Back when Brexit was somewhat aa new notion the May-Bot demanded to Europe saying, "Brexit is Brexit." Now she is whining for extensions, new deals and worse.

When this was all going on, I truly was hurting for the UK citizens, but now I have gotten to th epoint, Exit is Exit, so either cross the bridge or letthe rest csross it………...It is a tiring subject at this point, and common sense says stay in, but this time as a full member, not privileges…...none!

I think they are wanting a delay for a few months to implement additional plans for a hard Brexit.

We are even more fed up with it. Lol

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Then there is life in the UK! Great! Now send some of that spirit to the US...…..-God bless you honey bee…..

M

Miri

Then there is life in the UK! Great! Now send some of that spirit to the US...…..-God bless you honey bee…..

Remember it’s not over until the fat lady sings. Lol.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
The Fat Lady could still sing on the 29th March. It only takes one of the 27 European Countries to veto any extension proposal
and we would be leaving with no deal in place. It would be ironic if we end up thanking the EU for getting us out

M

Miri

Ohh more will they won’t they.

One day someone will turn this into a block buster and make trillions!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47636011

The EU will only agree to a short delay to Brexit if MPs approve the current withdrawal agreement next week, Theresa May has been told.

EU Council President Donald Tusk said an extension, requested by the prime minister on Wednesday, was possible.
Mrs May has written to Mr Tusk requesting a Brexit delay to 30 June, saying she needed more time to get her withdrawal deal passed by MPs.
The UK is due to leave the EU next Friday, on 29 March.

Mr Tusk said he believed all 27 other EU members, who must sign off on the extension, would agree but it depended on a "positive" vote in the House of Commons.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Ohh more will they won’t they.

One day someone will turn this into a block buster and make trillions!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47636011

The EU will only agree to a short delay to Brexit if MPs approve the current withdrawal agreement next week, Theresa May has been told.

EU Council President Donald Tusk said an extension, requested by the prime minister on Wednesday, was possible.
Mrs May has written to Mr Tusk requesting a Brexit delay to 30 June, saying she needed more time to get her withdrawal deal passed by MPs.
The UK is due to leave the EU next Friday, on 29 March.

Mr Tusk said he believed all 27 other EU members, who must sign off on the extension, would agree but it depended on a "positive" vote in the House of Commons.
Block Buster? More like Carry On Brexit. If only all those old stars were still around. I can see Hattie Jacques as PM and Sid James as
the Commons Speaker!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
There is already a movie called "Brexit" starring Benedict Cumberbatch(sp).

I must say in truth. After experiencing many Britich productions, Hollywood can go jump. Hollywood paes in the light of the averagge UK acto's talent. Thank yu for your TV series andthe like, and, of course, your films.

I feel like Hiacinth, Rose, Daisy, Onslo, Richard, Elizabeth and the entire "Keeping up Appearances," are old friends, not to mention Morse, Lewis, and so many others. They could read the ingredints of a medication and make it interesting. Again thans...

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
There is already a movie called "Brexit" starring Benedict Cumberbatch(sp).

I must say in truth. After experiencing many Britich productions, Hollywood can go jump. Hollywood paes in the light of the averagge UK acto's talent. Thank yu for your TV series andthe like, and, of course, your films.

I feel like Hiacinth, Rose, Daisy, Onslo, Richard, Elizabeth and the entire "Keeping up Appearances," are old friends, not to mention Morse, Lewis, and so many others. They could read the ingredints of a medication and make it interesting. Again thans...
I watched it, very interesting proposal. Put simply using targeted marketing at the 3 million disaffected
using face book they swung the vote against the establishment.

We are moving towards less power blocks and more coalition politics, which is better for us all.
Dictatorships work by strong conviction and forcing things through without being patient and waiting
for change to occur. Our culture has been too empire orientated, and now brexit is forcing us to be
more european, and integrated. We might actually take european institutions more seriously, and why
it matters what is going on in Spain or Italy, or should Greece be in the EU at all.

My kids love the world wide culture and have a global view to hunger, environment and need.
Link this with christian compassion and you have an unstoppable mix.

Brexit is working towards the true compromise, partly out of europe, but not quite.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Theresa has lost a lot of weight in recent days, and I'm not sure of her singing voice!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Theresa has lost a lot of weight in recent days, and I'm not sure of her singing voice!
Politics in the uk is broken.
The labour party is now a marxist camp, and the right wing do not know what to do.
Scotland will want independence, and staying in the eu will diminish the role of parliament.

Who will voters vote for and what parties will now represent the disparate groupings that
are appearing? What will happen if there is another referendum and the result is more
divisive? The problem with these independence forces, they often can lead to violence
and splits. We have not gone that far yet, but things are becoming more divided rather
than coalescing on a decision.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Latest News for those interested 6PM GB time 21/3/19

EU has approved extension to 22 May on condition that Parliament approves PM deal which has been rejected twice already
chance acceptance third time one fat zero so we will be out without deal by looks of things