The Catholic pope and his new concordat.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
I would have bet that Hitler would have turned on the RCC when he ran out of Jews, Gypsies, Muslims and Slavs to kill.

You are correct. While Hitler viewed the antisemitic teachings of Luther with reverence, he viewed the Pope and the RCC as his enemies and planned to destroy them.
As soon as Italian dictator Benito Mussolini was ousted from power on July 25, 1943, Adolf Hitler began hatching a plan to kidnap Pope Pius XII and plunder the Vatican. Clearly, the Fuehrer thought, the “Jew-loving” pope had encouraged King Victor Emanuel II and some rival fascist leaders to overthrow his Italian puppet.
The following day Hitler called for an urgent meeting of his military leaders. They must liberate Mussolini and return him to power, he cried. And “we must occupy Rome” and “destroy the Vatican’s power, capture the pope, and say that we are protecting him.” The pope might even have to be killed.
About six weeks later, on September 13, SS General Karl Wolff, the SS commander in Italy, received a phone call from his boss, SS Chief Heinrich Himmler, orchestrator of the Holocaust. Himmler, Wolff told me, bellowed that the Fuehrer wanted to see him urgently.
The general, who had previously served as Himmler’s chief of staff, suspected why. Three days earlier, on September 10, German troops had marched into Rome, and German intelligence soon snatched Mussolini from captivity. The Duce was now to regain power in Nazi-occupied northern Italy, and Wolff would be sent to the capital in Fasano, near Salo, primarily to make sure that Mussolini followed the Nazi line. But Himmler had revealed to Wolff that Hitler had an additional secret mission in mind for him.
According to notes that Wolff told me he had taken during and after the meeting, Hitler barked: “I want you and your troops to occupy Vatican City as soon as possible, secure its files and art treasures, and take the pope and the curia to the north,” probably Liechtenstein.
Referring to the threat of an Allied invasion of Italy, he added: “I do not want the pope to fall into the hands of the Allies or to be under their political pressure and influence.”

Cabrillo

Sep 6, 2021
You are correct. While Hitler viewed the antisemitic teachings of Luther with reverence, he viewed the Pope and the RCC as his enemies and planned to destroy them.
As soon as Italian dictator Benito Mussolini was ousted from power on July 25, 1943, Adolf Hitler began hatching a plan to kidnap Pope Pius XII and plunder the Vatican. Clearly, the Fuehrer thought, the “Jew-loving” pope had encouraged King Victor Emanuel II and some rival fascist leaders to overthrow his Italian puppet.
The following day Hitler called for an urgent meeting of his military leaders. They must liberate Mussolini and return him to power, he cried. And “we must occupy Rome” and “destroy the Vatican’s power, capture the pope, and say that we are protecting him.” The pope might even have to be killed.
About six weeks later, on September 13, SS General Karl Wolff, the SS commander in Italy, received a phone call from his boss, SS Chief Heinrich Himmler, orchestrator of the Holocaust. Himmler, Wolff told me, bellowed that the Fuehrer wanted to see him urgently.
The general, who had previously served as Himmler’s chief of staff, suspected why. Three days earlier, on September 10, German troops had marched into Rome, and German intelligence soon snatched Mussolini from captivity. The Duce was now to regain power in Nazi-occupied northern Italy, and Wolff would be sent to the capital in Fasano, near Salo, primarily to make sure that Mussolini followed the Nazi line. But Himmler had revealed to Wolff that Hitler had an additional secret mission in mind for him.
According to notes that Wolff told me he had taken during and after the meeting, Hitler barked: “I want you and your troops to occupy Vatican City as soon as possible, secure its files and art treasures, and take the pope and the curia to the north,” probably Liechtenstein.
Referring to the threat of an Allied invasion of Italy, he added: “I do not want the pope to fall into the hands of the Allies or to be under their political pressure and influence.”
So please don't blame the RCC because the Charlie Chaplin stereotype dictator turned to the occult. Many other religions have accepted occult practices. Some seem harmless like crosses and statues in church, pendants, amulets and praying to the dead. Like saints (Necromancy)

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Often Kings, dictators and other power mad individuals have used state controled relegions to herd the people in what ever way deemed approiate. The Anglicans were just as guilty but for a much shorter time due to Gutenberg's printing press. The invention of the printing press was quite overwhelmingly the end of the dark ages. (IMO)

You are correct in your assessment. I did notice that you mentioned the Anglican guilt. That is no surprise, as the founder of that Church, Henry VIII, was a mass murderer. If the founder of a Church is a mass murderer, what does that say about that Church and it's beliefs.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I don't know why anyone even cares what the pope says, as Catholic doctrine is pretty much 0% biblical

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I don't know why anyone even cares what the pope says, as Catholic doctrine is pretty much 0% biblical
I think the Vatican leader could be part of end times, either the anti-christ or a false prophet. He is now once again a political leader as well as a religious one, with about a billion followers, and meets with world leaders to discuss policies. Why wouldn't you want to stay informed, especially since historically the leader has caused millions and millions of deaths from past political and religious declarations?

It took Napoleon to take down the vatican and arrest him, not sure we will have another political leader and military leader that could copy that today. Vatican City is now it's own country, so he does have a platform for political leadership. One day you might realize how brilliant Napoleon was for this accomplishment, when persecution of the saints come again by this Roman leader.

Also, since the current one is a Jesuit, this should be a red flag, and not go unnoticed. With the world experiencing tremendous turmoil, this usually sets up for a dictator or two. Last world war, the vatican, and Hitler had an agreement, so the vatican is definitely in the mix going forward in world events in my honest opinion.

Cabrillo

Sep 6, 2021
I think the Vatican leader could be part of end times, either the anti-christ or a false prophet. He is now once again a political leader as well as a religious one, with about a billion followers, and meets with world leaders to discuss policies. Why wouldn't you want to stay informed, especially since historically the leader has caused millions and millions of deaths from past political and religious declarations?

It took Napoleon to take down the vatican and arrest him, not sure we will have another political leader and military leader that could copy that today. Vatican City is now it's own country, so he does have a platform for political leadership. One day you might realize how brilliant Napoleon was for this accomplishment, when persecution of the saints come again by this Roman leader.

Also, since the current one is a Jesuit, this should be a red flag, and not go unnoticed. With the world experiencing tremendous turmoil, this usually sets up for a dictator or two. Last world war, the vatican, and Hitler had an agreement, so the vatican is definitely in the mix going forward in world events in my honest opinion.
The city of 7 hills from Revelations has often been suggested as Rome. But let's see. And unholy union between politics and pseudo Christianity? As I recall that was the state Europe was in till after the printing press was invented. The Pope actually hoping to convert ET's into Catholics? Welcoming Homosexuals back to the RCC? Sounds quite a bit like a Papal comprimise with the word, (the flesh and the devil.

Aug 20, 2021
The city of 7 hills from Revelations has often been suggested as Rome. But let's see. And unholy union between politics and pseudo Christianity? As I recall that was the state Europe was in till after the printing press was invented. The Pope actually hoping to convert ET's into Catholics? Welcoming Homosexuals back to the RCC? Sounds quite a bit like a Papal comprimise with the word, (the flesh and the devil.
The 7 hills are the 7 deadly sin more or less.Most people look outward at first.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
So please don't blame the RCC because the Charlie Chaplin stereotype dictator turned to the occult. Many other religions have accepted occult practices. Some seem harmless like crosses and statues in church, pendants, amulets and praying to the dead. Like saints (Necromancy)
The Holocaust was a culmination of about 2,000 years of Catholic propaganda against the Jews
Hitler played on this anti-jewish sentiment to get support

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Leader of the Catholic church discourages preaching the gospel to non-believers.

Pope says Christians should never seek to convert unbelievers, anyone who proselytizes "is not a disciple of Jesus"

https://disrn.com/news/pope-says-ch...e-who-proselytizes-is-not-a-disciple-of-jesus

Pretty sure this makes the vatican an anti-christ, since this goes directly against the Gospel truth in the Bible.

Aug 20, 2021
the [not sees] = Nazis Blind like the Phrisees

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Cabrillo,
In regards to homosexuality, the Catholic Church welcomes all sinners. In fact all members of the Catholic Church are sinners. And the Catholic Church still proclaims homosexuality to be a sin, but all are welcome.

On the other hand, why did you fail to mention what is going on with the Protestant Churches? The Presbyterian Church (USA), the Evangelical Lutheran Church, the Episcopal Church, and the United Church of Christ have taken homosexuality much further and they’ve embraced it. Scripture describes homosexuality as an abomination. Yet all four of these churches have taken this abomination into their churches and give homosexual marriage God’s blessing in their Church marriage ceremonies. Whatever happened in the Protestant churches. Didn’t Jesus proclaim marriage to be a union of a man and a woman?

Other Protestant Church are also considering 'gay marriage' and blessing it in their Churches. Just asking.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
The Jesuit pope that leads the Catholic Church is urging leaders of the world to agree with his concordat. In this agreement the Sunday Sabbath is being instigated as well as climate change. Why is a religious leader of a church telling world leaders how to keep the wrong sabbath? What is his credentials on planetary climate change? Is he now a scientist?

The pope and Adolf Hitler had a concordat, so this looks like an very strong attempt to regain political control at the global scale. Last time the Catholic Church had political and religious control many Christians and Jews died. Many! Pilgrims had to leave Europe and live in a new land called, America.

There is this prophecy by St. Malachi about the Catholic popes, not sure if it's true, but according to the prophecy this current pope is the last.

"Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations, and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills [i.e. Rome] will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The End.[17] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

Also, Joe Biden is a Catholic, as well 6 out the 9 Supreme Court Justices in the U.S. are Catholic.

https://www.ncregister.com/blog/sup...TTUY7YkBt3I2P85IVtVvsr9GFXVRN7PBoCAA8QAvD_BwE

"Hitler shaking hands with Catholic dignitaries in Germany in the 1930s "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

Why do we Protestants continually criticize the Catholic Church instead of looking into our own practices and criticizing and correcting our own churches? Martin Luther was a hater whose teachings gave great comfort to the Nazis in their attempt to wipe the Jews off the face off the earth. The founder of the Anglican Church was a mass murderer, even his own family members. Out Protestant brothers and sisters and their churches are not only welcoming the abomination of gay marriage but giving 'God's blessings' and marriage rites to these.

So, why can't we begin to look at our own Protestant churches and see what they're doing and make corrections to our own religion?

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Why do we Protestants continually criticize the Catholic Church instead of looking into our own practices and criticizing and correcting our own churches? Martin Luther was a hater whose teachings gave great comfort to the Nazis in their attempt to wipe the Jews off the face off the earth. The founder of the Anglican Church was a mass murderer, even his own family members. Out Protestant brothers and sisters and their churches are not only welcoming the abomination of gay marriage but giving 'God's blessings' and marriage rites to these.

So, why can't we begin to look at our own Protestant churches and see what they're doing and make corrections to our own religion?
Never said, we couldn't, it's just this thread wasn't established for that purpose. Like I said before, you can start your own thread, and critique whatever denomination you want. The point of this thread was to bring awareness of Catholic political powers, which have shown historically, that they can't be trusted.

I feel that repeatedly asking the same question is meant to cause distraction of thread topic, which may not have been your goal, but it is clearly leaning in that direction.

Cabrillo

Sep 6, 2021
Cabrillo,
In regards to homosexuality, the Catholic Church welcomes all sinners. In fact all members of the Catholic Church are sinners. And the Catholic Church still proclaims homosexuality to be a sin, but all are welcome.

On the other hand, why did you fail to mention what is going on with the Protestant Churches? The Presbyterian Church (USA), the Evangelical Lutheran Church, the Episcopal Church, and the United Church of Christ have taken homosexuality much further and they’ve embraced it. Scripture describes homosexuality as an abomination. Yet all four of these churches have taken this abomination into their churches and give homosexual marriage God’s blessing in their Church marriage ceremonies. Whatever happened in the Protestant churches. Didn’t Jesus proclaim marriage to be a union of a man and a woman?

Other Protestant Church are also considering 'gay marriage' and blessing it in their Churches. Just asking.
Yes I'm aware of most of that. My point was why so many Christians suspect that the Pope will be the coming antichrist. My study of the RCC history seems to be repeating itself again is the main point.

On that subject my mom was forbidden to partake in the sacraments in 1939 because she married a protestant and had to sit in the back row till she passed in 96. I called the local parish after my father had passed and mom was in a coma. Just so she could receive last rights in order for her part of the family to attend the Catholic funeral.

Cabrillo

Sep 6, 2021
Leader of the Catholic church discourages preaching the gospel to non-believers.

Pope says Christians should never seek to convert unbelievers, anyone who proselytizes "is not a disciple of Jesus"

https://disrn.com/news/pope-says-ch...e-who-proselytizes-is-not-a-disciple-of-jesus

Pretty sure this makes the vatican an anti-christ, since this goes directly against the Gospel truth in the Bible.
However this is one of the headlines that I've read within about the last 2 years:

Pope Francis says he would baptise aliens: 'Who are we to close doors?'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe

Cabrillo

Sep 6, 2021
The Holocaust was a culmination of about 2,000 years of Catholic propaganda against the Jews
Hitler played on this anti-jewish sentiment to get support
Hitler was no longer a Catholic by then. He hated Jesus and Christians because the Lord was born Jewish and Christians because we worship the same Jewish God.

Cabrillo

Sep 6, 2021
Cabrillo,

Because gay marriage wasn't the topic. If I have to choose between the lesser of two evils I choose neither! Because I won't be judged or held responsible for choosing and/or enabling evil to reign. I choose to share the word. I oppose all human politics but share the word every day. We are only visitors in this evil world now. All governments and nations are doomed to be judged by fire!

Aug 4, 2021
Who cares? If you are not catholic, the pope is phony. Not your pope. And the vatican are pressured with all their issues, and the fact that taxhavens and secret banking going untaxed is less and less legal now, selfpreservation I assume. The vatican bank is one of the few left. Play ball, or Italy will end it. Not to mention all the secrets in the vaticans vaults, EU can just force Italy to assume authority over the vatican, and all the info they have kept from christians and the world becomes public domain. In a pinch. He is not my pope. He is forced to be political and perform like a cirkuslion. Mandated to perform the climatestuff and the refugeestuff, or lose special privilieges. In the end of the day, the pope leads a country. And is an appointed despots of said country, ao cannot choose, protect the power, keep people in the dark, stay alive.

Cabrillo

Sep 6, 2021
Who cares? If you are not catholic, the pope is phony. Not your pope. And the vatican are pressured with all their issues, and the fact that taxhavens and secret banking going untaxed is less and less legal now, selfpreservation I assume. The vatican bank is one of the few left. Play ball, or Italy will end it. Not to mention all the secrets in the vaticans vaults, EU can just force Italy to assume authority over the vatican, and all the info they have kept from christians and the world becomes public domain. In a pinch. He is not my pope. He is forced to be political and perform like a cirkuslion. Mandated to perform the climatestuff and the refugeestuff, or lose special privilieges. In the end of the day, the pope leads a country. And is an appointed despots of said country, ao cannot choose, protect the power, keep people in the dark, stay alive.
I care because the world is being deceived. I believe pacifism is irresponsible. Pretending not to notice that Uncle Joe is passed out drunk behind the wheel again, is enabling him do do it again. Perhaps he'll kill somebody next time.

Whats wrong with the climate stuff? Isn't defiling God's earth an abomination?