The children of God vs the children of Satan

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Naomi123

Mar 18, 2021
let Us discuss serious matters....
Genesis....where it started .....and as it is to this very day

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
Rom 8

15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18¶For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Eph 1
5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7¶In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

A child of God ( which happens through regeneration) is predestinated to Rom 8.23 ( the adoption) A lost person is not predestinated .

Naomi123

Mar 18, 2021
All true..but I wanted to start from the beginning...as you can see there is a big problem on planet earth🌖

Naomi123

Mar 18, 2021
Let’s us discuss nicely and methodically...listening to Reason as the Lord said to Job...come now let us reason together....🔥

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Let’s us discuss nicely and methodically...listening to Reason as the Lord said to Job...come now let us reason together....🔥
Verses 19 - 23 Rom 8 pretty much sum it up . Then and now.

Naomi123

Mar 18, 2021
not really....looks like nobody wants to walk from point A to point B....
really a strange world....this planet🌓

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
My thoughts on Genesis 3: these are statements of certain consequence, what “shall” happen as a result of human sin. They aren’t what God desired. Also, and this is important for interpreting other passages of Scripture, they are not commands.

Further, and also important, is that God specifically stated that the serpent and the ground were cursed; He did not say the man or the woman were cursed.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
not really....looks like nobody wants to walk from point A to point B.... really a strange world....this planet🌓
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? The "children of Satan" is a metaphor to those who are committed to evil and wickedness, e.g. the politicians of the Democratic Party in the USA, or the members of the Chinese Communist Party, or all the evildoers and despots around the world. They love evil. Satan does not literally beget children, and the Serpent Seed doctrine is TOTAL NONSENSE.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Rom 8

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but
ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18¶For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Eph 1
5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7¶In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

A child of God ( which happens through regeneration) is predestinated to Rom 8.23 ( the adoption) A lost person is not predestinated .

Romans 8:15-16:)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
set up a christian godparents adoption agency, but make it so its the children who WANT to be adopted that get adopted.

I have heard that some children have been adopted that didn t want to be adopted and then a,ways wonder or want to find their birth parents. It can be a fruitless search. I remmeber one workmate who was adopted and did find out his birth mother years later, saw how she lived and was so grateful that he was adopted into a family that loved him.

Children who live with abusive parents or without parents cos they are absent generally want to be adopted. Poor children do want to be adopted by those who can afford to raise and train them to be the best they can be, basically EVERYONE who wants to be adopted ought to have the option.

Naomi123

Mar 18, 2021
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? The "children of Satan" is a metaphor to those who are committed to evil and wickedness, e.g. the politicians of the Democratic Party in the USA, or the members of the Chinese Communist Party, or all the evildoers and despots around the world. They love evil. Satan does not literally beget children, and the Serpent Seed doctrine is TOTAL NONSENSE.
nobody said anything about serpent doctrine 🐍......no idea what that suppose to be...I simply said let’s discuss Genesis....I had a purpose as it is the most important book.

It seems very few can discuss things in a calm manner......
though Gods word is a double edged sword...there is a gentleness to it....the Lord is the instructor.....and nobody else..

L

Live4Him

The problem began with the serpent (Gen. 3:1-5, II Cor. 11:3), and continues because of "that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world" (Rev. 12:9), and will not end until Satan is eventually thrown into the lake of fire at the end of Christ's coming Millennial Reign right here on earth (Rev. 20:7-10).

What about this are you looking to discuss?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
nobody said anything about serpent doctrine 🐍......no idea what that suppose to be...I simply said let’s discuss Genesis....I had a purpose as it is the most important book.

It seems very few can discuss things in a calm manner......
though Gods word is a double edged sword...there is a gentleness to it....the Lord is the instructor.....and nobody else..
Well you did title your thread the children of God vs. the children of satan so it would stand to reason p[eople would misunderstand what you were trying to discuss. Also you can hope people want to discuss things as you intended but discussions like that are not exactly great on an online forum it is best used in a setting of bible study with a small gtroup of people

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I simply said let’s discuss Genesis....
Genesis is a very lengthy book. So I take it you wish to discuss Creation and the Fall. Since you mentioned "the children of Satan" the first person who is identified with the Wicked One (Satan) is Cain. And Cain was the first offspring of Adam and Eve. That did not bode well for humanity. He was evil in that he murdered his brother for absolutely no reason. Yet God allowed him to exist. So God tolerates those associated with Satan but they face their final judgment later.

The Serpent Seed doctrine alleges that Satan had sexual intercourse with Eve and produced Cain and the Kenites. But that is TOTAL NONSENSE.

Naomi123

Mar 18, 2021
Well you did title your thread the children of God vs. the children of satan so it would stand to reason p[eople would misunderstand what you were trying to discuss. Also you can hope people want to discuss things as you intended but discussions like that are not exactly great on an online forum it is best used in a setting of bible study with a small gtroup of people
Thank you Blain for sharing some background on your life.....hard to comprehend the bad things that happen to people in this world...God bless

hence the thread I started...there is a great purpose of the Lords descent to mankind...into this very volatile world.......remember the Lord said the words I speak are not my own...they belong to the Father....and the Father is He who spoke from the beginning of time....through Moses...through the prophets...

Naomi123

Mar 18, 2021
The problem began with the serpent (Gen. 3:1-5, II Cor. 11:3), and continues because of "that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world" (Rev. 12:9), and will not end until Satan is eventually thrown into the lake of fire at the end of Christ's coming Millennial Reign right here on earth (Rev. 20:7-10).

What about this are you looking to discuss?
Our obedience to God....