The Chosen

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I can’t wait for season 3 so I can be in joy again with this movie.
First 2 episodes are coming to movie theaters this November I think and the free series on the app will come out in December.

I can’t wait !

Oct 15, 2022
I didn't watch the tv show. The apostles are Gods Elect. So are the prophets, abraham, issac, Jacob, Joseph, moses. Romans chapter 8 document the Election are predestined, foreordained. John 14, Jesus says, I chose you, you didn't choose Me. Romans 11, God has 7,000 elect in this last generation. Both men and women. Acts chapter 2 will further document this. Ephesians chapter 1, the saints are chosen before foundation of the world. Were talking about God's Elect. Colossians chapter 1, the mystery of God is revealed to the saints. They have the holy spirit. Many people have spirit of stupor. Its predestined verses free will.

Gods love for his children until there was no more love to give
(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
(Deu 7:8 KJV) But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh King of Egypt.
(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:
(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

Something happened, and it was not good----------
They were chosen to show us the way, to show us how to treat the stranger, how to be compassionate and loving to your neighbor and by doing so peace would envelope the world. But His children hade/have defied Him
Ezekiel
Chapter 21
1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,
3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.
22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.
23 And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.
24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.
And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
:)-

soberxp

May 3, 2018
God just chosen the fit one to do what he wants, just as you choose your wife and husband, just the right one. Nothing more.

Just like this series, why don't find Israelis to be actors?

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Season finale yesterday made me cry.

Jan 27, 2023
On a suggestion from a friend of mine I started watching this series.

So...I have thoughts but wanted to hear yours on the subject.

What do you think of the series?
peaches a false Jesus, produced by Mormons acted by Catholics.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
On a suggestion from a friend of mine I started watching this series.

So...I have thoughts but wanted to hear yours on the subject.

What do you think of the series?
I liked it. It portrayed Jesus as a friendly and socially interactive man rather than a dazed zombie like some of the other depictions do. It really brought out Jesus' love for children and their love for Him. Some will probably think it an overly familiar and liberal treatment, but I though it was nice.

Jan 27, 2023
I missed the part about the peaches. Please elaborate. :confused:
sometimes you have to fill in the blanks PREACHES. hi oyster in series 3 Jesus talks to Thomas and Thomas asks to be healed and Jesus refuses to do so explaining that sickness will make him who he is. paraphrased. Jesus never said no to any one for anything, it is not in his vocabulary. i was too upset after that and that part of the bible isn't in the canon, 66 books. some one told me it is in the approcropher about thomas limping or something, the catholic add ons. also it is in the news that mormons were directing and a friend told me the so called Jesus was a catholic, thank you google. he also runs around winking at people and in my humble opinion is frowned upon in the old testament. proverbs 10:10 lol hope you are not catholic.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
sometimes you have to fill in the blanks PREACHES. hi oyster in series 3 Jesus talks to Thomas and Thomas asks to be healed and Jesus refuses to do so explaining that sickness will make him who he is. paraphrased. Jesus never said no to any one for anything, it is not in his vocabulary. i was too upset after that and that part of the bible isn't in the canon, 66 books. some one told me it is in the approcropher about thomas limping or something, the catholic add ons. also it is in the news that mormons were directing and a friend told me the so called Jesus was a catholic, thank you google. he also runs around winking at people and in my humble opinion is frowned upon in the old testament. proverbs 10:10 lol hope you are not catholic.
Wow… nothing like an unsubstantiated rumour or three to form the basis of an opinion.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I liked it. It portrayed Jesus as a friendly and socially interactive man rather than a dazed zombie like some of the other depictions do. It really brought out Jesus' love for children and their love for Him. Some will probably think it an overly familiar and liberal treatment, but I though it was nice.
Oh I did like the humanity the show displayed of Jesus's character...but they did get the personality wrong as well as this whole "learning" thing that Jesus did.

The Apostles they got wrong as well but did their best as to showing them as regular people too.

What I know of these guys is different....but then there's not much to go on and scholarship of Ancient Near Eastern customs is not really that common....we tend to think in terms of Westernized ideals and they flat out didn't have those whatsoever.

They tried and failed....but it was a good try. But they had too many voices in the mix that have no clue as to who Jesus is.

Jesus was highly intelligent and talented....way beyond anything that was known. And Jesus had wisdom.
Together (wisdom, knowledge, and talent) are a powerful combination of skills that absolutely can control many of the people you come in contact with. He can make you like him or hate him. His choice.

But Jesus wasn't about manipulation.

He gave the best of the best sermons. They were in poetry. Beautiful poetry. And very simple in terms that everyone understood. No hair splitting...no hesitation or reservations whatsoever.

But Jesus was also compassionate. Something that you don't see often in people who were smart, saavy, and talented. Which in a "dog eat dog" or "shark tank" environment is considered to be a point of weakness to be exploited.

This isn't Exactly the Jesus they are portraying. And missing out on the truth. It's entertaining for sure....just not accurate. The movie of Noah recently is entertaining...but it isn't scripture or accurately portraying the truth of scriptures....it's Talmud. It's stories and not truth.

Jan 27, 2023
Wow… nothing like an unsubstantiated rumour or three to form the basis of an opinion.
not based based on opinion just the catholic part of the actor and the winking, the rest is real and i am an eye witness to that and pity the ones that like that Jesus because if you
sorry you have no feelings for knowing and sharing Jesus rightly. i watched it and was angered by the misrepresentation, not just hearsay.

oyster67

May 24, 2014

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
not based based on opinion just the catholic part of the actor and the winking, the rest is real and i am an eye witness to that and pity the ones that like that Jesus because if you

sorry you have no feelings for knowing and sharing Jesus rightly. i watched it and was angered by the misrepresentation, not just hearsay.
No feelings? Wow... you are quick to judge. Oh well, I know the One whose judgement matters.

Jan 27, 2023
No feelings? Wow... you are quick to judge. Oh well, I know the One whose judgement matters.
you must be one of those woke christians, just because i give an opinion you take it as judgement. my bible says christians are supposed to judge all things and that Jesus will judge you and i by what was said and done. it also says a person who doesnt like correction is stupid. i am not saying you are stupid just giving you the opportunity to know the difference and know what the Lord says.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
The Chosen really is a line of demarcation between those who love their ears tickled and those who love God's word. There will be more like The Chosen in days and years to come, you can take that to the bank.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
The Chosen really is a line of demarcation between those who love their ears tickled and those who love God's word. There will be more like The Chosen in days and years to come, you can take that to the bank.
I was enjoying watching the Chosen series but then got put off by the back ground of the makers of the show and the probable affect of Mormonism. It didn't bother me that it was not straight from the bible.. I just thought of it as a what may have been scenario. I didn't like the way though that Jesus didn't seem to be fully God straight off the bat by the way they were portraying Him.

I've been watching the LUMO gospel series about Jesus, which I like for the word for word adaption. It has the narration style of showing Jesus films, but is word for word with NIV or KJV with some very good narrators chosen. The filming is by a documentary film maker, so has the documentary type feel to it.

The only issue I have with this, is the guy playing Jesus-- although is Jewish and looks the part, the way he performs some of the miracles is kind of like a superhero.. putting out His hand like a Jedi manipulating an object or doing a mind control thing by staring hard at something and it changes. Maybe Jesus did do things like that.. but that doesn't look like God operating.. but a man who is trying to be super powered.