The church, Paul agrees, Post Tribulation.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
It was certainly not a different gospel to the gospel that Jesus taught and the gospel which the other apostles [
Peace.
“It was certainly not a different gospel to the gospel that Jesus taught and the gospel which the other apostles [let's call them the Jerusalem crowd] came to understand”

they all understood by the holy spirit after Jesus sent it to them Peter understood already

“Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) that word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judæa, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:34-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

peter isnt demanding they be circumcised according to Moses he’s talking about the same circumcision pul taught later baptism

“in whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2:11-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The other apostles all understood the gospel before pul was converted himself to Christianity already well established before his conversion to the church

circumsicion is t something oeter and pul argued about at all it was what the Pharisees were trying to push on them Peter is the first to stand and say no it’s grace not circumcision

“But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; and put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭15:5-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Peter and Paul’s disagreement was of a different matter they both already understood circumcision and the law of Moses had absolutely nothing to do with salvstion in Christ

when Peter and the others received the spirit at pentocost the gospel was being preached they didn’t need to wait for Paul the Pharisee to be converted to Christianity they were already chosen by Jesus to preach the one and only gospel to everyone beginning with Jerusalem

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.( not only to Jews ) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Peter and Paul argued over Peter not living according to Jewish laws

“But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭2:11-14‬ ‭

some people came from James and began to not associate with the gentiles in the church and Peter was going along with that that’s what they were arguing about

peter explained circumcision isn’t required nor keeping Moses law . We should realize how the lord is and who his servants and messengers are

and that Paul nor Peter were perfect in everything they said and did. If two apostles can disagree like Peter and Paul did for a moment or even like this dispute between pul and barnabus

“And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark. But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.

And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus; and Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭15:37-40‬ ‭

we should realize even the apostles weren’t perfect and they also argued and disagreed at times but they didn’t then turn against one another they parted ways but later came together

“Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul is an apostle he’s the same as the other apostles no more and no less it doesn’t matter if we hear the gospel from Peter John James Paul Matthew ect

“And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am:( one of the apostles ) and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:8-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Doesn’t matter if people heard Peter preaching the gospel in acts ten received the soirit and were baptized or if they heard it from Stephen in chapter 8 of acts both men and women hewrd and believed and were baptized

Or it doesn’t matter if someone hears the gospel from Paul one of Jesus apostles they are all preaching the gospel that Jesus preached first and then died to pay for

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, Because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, And recovering of sight to the blind, To set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:18-19, 21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

really all I’m saying is we can’t reject what Jesus said in the gospel they all preached it and agreed to that first and they built upon it not layering and removing it

If we can’t agree with the things Jesus taught we won’t ever understand and grasp the epistles Paul isn’t the foundation of our faith Jesus is the foundation of his faith and ours ll of Jesus apostles should be heard and considered and believes and learned from but moreso the gospel Jesus words in the gospel tbey are all preaching should be heard and believed because that’s where thier Doctrine came from

“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:19-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

already we see the doctrine Jesus taught them eas sent to all nations of people Paul is one of them one of that group called to preach the everlasting gospel to the whole world and we still read and hear thier witnesses today I wish we had more but it’s all part of one doctrine

each has different strengths and focuses in tbier writings

It’s important to understand Paul is an apostle he’s no less and no more he’s one of twelve men chosen by Jesus in person after his resurrection to be his witnesses to all the world of the gospel

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
oh dear
1st
if Peter had understood there would have been no quarrel at Antioch, when he came to concede that Paul was right he did quote that God had already taught him through Cornelius ... yet he still made that mistake at Antioch.

That's what I'm telling you. They knew, God showed them but they couldn't get their heads around it.

2nd
Paul was apostle to the Gentiles, he's our apostle. Peter James and John ALL agreed Paul should go to the Gentiles while they went to the Jews.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
John had it by revelation. That there were to be 2 resurrections, hence a 2nd coming of our Lord and the final coming of the Lord after the 1, 000 years to judge.

In short the Jewish understanding compounds the 2nd and 3rd coming of our Lord into a single 2nd coming.
There is no 3rd coming. The 2nd coming is the final coming. The 2nd resurrection will occur at/after the end of the 1000 years - while King Jesus is still here and still in charge.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Peter and co talk about loud bangs and fervent heat to the melting away of the elements etc
That passage is one of the most misunderstood among all of End Times bible prophecy.