The crusades

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ray2005

Mar 30, 2024
Me myself as a 19yo i really look up to those who died defending the faith in thr medieval times is it healthy to think that as a modern world we need some new crusades to restore faith and to defend christian lands thanks for the help.
God bless you all

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
No, it is not healthy at all.
That makes us no different than any other violent religion. A religion which has nothing to do with God at that point.
At that point it’s like team sports except it involves death, war and suffering.

The crusades are the lowest point in Christianity which pushes away a lot of unbelievers because they are unable to separate corrupted men or women from the messages of God.
God says we are to be His ambassadors, so picking up a sword and subjugating your enemies is not a well received messages for anyone anywhere.
So, set a good example and leave your sword at home.

Ray2005

Mar 30, 2024
No, it is not healthy at all.
That makes us no different than any other violent religion. A religion which has nothing to do with God at that point.
At that point it’s like team sports except it involves death, war and suffering.

The crusades are the lowest point in Christianity which pushes away a lot of unbelievers because they are unable to separate corrupted men or women from the messages of God.
God says we are to be His ambassadors, so picking up a sword and subjugating your enemies is not a well received messages for anyone anywhere.
So, set a good example and leave your sword at home.
but cant we just consider them as acts of self defense? Given what Jesus says in Luke 22:36, given the fact that a sword is a lethal weapon, Jesus affirms lethal force in self-defense. And in this New Testament passage, Jesus doesn't limit the time of day and doesnt limit against whom.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
but cant we just consider them as acts of self defense? Given what Jesus says in Luke 22:36, given the fact that a sword is a lethal weapon, Jesus affirms lethal force in self-defense. And in this New Testament passage, Jesus doesn't limit the time of day and doesnt limit against whom.
Look, if you take a verse from the Bible you can justify almost anything, but practically speaking you have to overcome thousands of years of cultural mindsets, since it says that you‘re from Lebanon.
I know this because I’m from Albania and I also try to overcome thousands of years of cultural mindsets.

God is larger than a location or a strip of land. So don’t limit yourself to a location or a verse.

A world war 2 American veteran called Desmond Doss did not want to carry a weapon to kill anybody during world war 2 so he became a medic and helped the Japanese [who were hated back then] and the Americans.
He said: While you all try to blow yourselves up, I will try to put you back together little by little.
He got a bronze medal for this act but in heaven his reward is greater.

Ray2005

Mar 30, 2024
Look, if you take a verse from the Bible you can justify almost anything, but practically speaking you have to overcome thousands of years of cultural mindsets, since it says that you‘re from Lebanon.
I know this because I’m from Albania and I also try to overcome thousands of years of cultural mindsets.

God is larger than a location or a strip of land. So don’t limit yourself to a location or a verse.

A world war 2 American veteran called Desmond Doss did not want to carry a weapon to kill anybody during world war 2 so he became a medic and helped the Japanese [who were hated back then] and the Americans.
He said: While you all try to blow yourselves up, I will try to put you back together little by little.
He got a bronze medal for this act but in heaven his reward is greater.
Hahhaha yes im from lebanon we have that kind of culture (that feeling of hate and angeri have is also caused by me who cant visit the holy land for politucal issues) (im also worried abt the fellas in the west losing faith) sorry im a weird dude. Respect to Albania

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Are you Keith Crosby? :)

Think. If Jesus allows self-defense with a lethal weapon in the face of persecution, then would Jesus prohibit protecting the home day or night? Would he restrict self-defense day or night in the face of a criminal coming to steal or kill or destroy? You certainly can’t make such a case from Exodus 22:3. Given what Jesus says in Luke 22:36, given the fact that a sword is a lethal weapon, Jesus affirms lethal force in self-defense. And in this New Testament passage, Jesus doesn’t limit the time of day. Certainly, lethal force should be avoided if possible. However, those who break in and steal face the possibility that their actions will cost them their lives as they choose to endanger themselves and others by entering a home violently or by stealth.” Keith Crosby

Ray2005

Mar 30, 2024
Are you Keith Crosby? :)

Think. If Jesus allows self-defense with a lethal weapon in the face of persecution, then would Jesus prohibit protecting the home day or night? Would he restrict self-defense day or night in the face of a criminal coming to steal or kill or destroy? You certainly can’t make such a case from Exodus 22:3. Given what Jesus says in Luke 22:36, given the fact that a sword is a lethal weapon, Jesus affirms lethal force in self-defense. And in this New Testament passage, Jesus doesn’t limit the time of day. Certainly, lethal force should be avoided if possible. However, those who break in and steal face the possibility that their actions will cost them their lives as they choose to endanger themselves and others by entering a home violently or by stealth.” Keith Crosby
But is you see history they conqured christian lands for 700 years prior the 1st crusade so why wouldnt this verse work in hete while considering those wars as "acts of defense"

selahsays

May 31, 2023
But is you see history they conqured christian lands for 700 years prior the 1st crusade so why wouldnt this verse work in hete while considering those wars as "acts of defense"
My point is did you plagiarize Keith Crosby or are you Keith Crosby? Also, where is your welcome thread?

Ray2005

Mar 30, 2024
My point is did you plagiarize Keith Crosby or are you Keith Crosby? Also, where is your welcome thread?
Ohh no im not him i just took some of hid words shall we make a welcome thread too?is it mandatory?