The cultic origins of Annihilationism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Oh come on. :LOL:
Okay, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck - I agree the word of God is very clear. But you are not seeing it clearly.
This thread has become very similar to slapstick. :ROFL:
LOl so now one is not seeing it clearly ? Hmmm I will disagree with your opinion.
That statement above makes no sense whatsoever! The word "punishment" infers that the one being punished must exist in order to experience said punishment. It carries the idea of punishment as being on-going. You can't punish someone who doesn't exist.

It's amazing the things that people concoct in order to support their false belief.

By the way CS1, who is it that you are conversing with, if you don't mind me asking?
reasponding to stunnedbygra & shume

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Why say raised imperishable, raised changed in that way, this mortal putting on immortal - when we were already immortal from birth?
Again, the body is perishable, but our glorified bodies will not be. Jesus said of spirits/demons they do not have bodies when He presented Himself after His resurrection. In the NT it talks about celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies (1 Corinthians 15:40). We are spirits with bodies, and our abode is temporal at the moment. Yet God will give us glorified bodies and we will be resurrected, death being swallowed up in victory.

Nov 12, 2015
May I ask, what do you then believe happened to all people who died prior to the arrival of Jesus?
I believe they went thata'way. :)

I believe they were all last seen here: and tombs opened. The bodies of many godly men and women who had died were raised from the dead. Mathew 27:52

Nov 12, 2015
Again, the body is perishable, but our glorified bodies will not be. Jesus said of spirits/demons they do not have bodies when He presented Himself after His resurrection. In the NT it talks about celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies (1 Corinthians 15:40). We are spirits with bodies, and our abode is temporal at the moment. Yet God will give us glorified bodies and we will be resurrected, death being swallowed up in victory.
Again, I disagree. :)

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
LOl so now one is not seeing it clearly ? Hmmm I will disagree with your opinion.

reasponding to stunnedbygra & shume
Oh, that explains it! I have both of them on ignore because of their on-going ridiculous claims and reasoning or lack thereof.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
That statement above makes no sense whatsoever! The word "punishment" infers that the one being punished must exist in order to experience said punishment. It carries the idea of punishment as being on-going. You can't punish someone who doesn't exist.

It's amazing the things that people concoct in order to support their false belief.
"The punishment determined for the convict was death in the electric chair".

How long did his punishing last? Is he still being punished?

His punishMENT was permanent (well.. until one of the upcoming resurrections. And if he's not saved, his second death will be permanent.)

By the way CS1, who is it that you are conversing with, if you don't mind me asking?
'tis I, Ahwatukee. But I'm pretty sure you have me on ignore since I will not fall in line and believe what you do.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
And you think THIS statement makes any more sense?? :)
If a man is sentenced to death by a judge, he exists while the punishment is pronounced, then he does not exist after the punishment is executed. Now, after he is executed, would you say he received no punishment because he doesn't exist any more...???
lol... You beat me to it.

But alas, ATW is not reading either of our posts.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Oh come on. :LOL:
Okay, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck - I agree the word of God is very clear. But you are not seeing it clearly.
This thread has become very similar to slapstick. :ROFL:
I feel like you're trying to be jovial in this discussion, but its coming off as disingenuous, to the importance of this discussion. You say its vital, but you keep playing around. I find it annoying, to be frank. I'm not usually serious like this, but you're being presented with hard facts, plain scripture, and all you can say is, "I disagree." What are you, if not a spirit within a body (as evidenced through a crazy amount of scripture)?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
"The punishment determined for the convict was death in the electric chair". How long did his punishing last? Is he still being punished?
The second death is NOT execution (as above) but eternal separation from God and eternal torment.

If a murderer is executed via electric chair, and he did commit heinous crimes and died in his sins, he will face ETERNAL PUNISHMENT in the Lake of Fire. There are multiple Scripture which teach this, and which have already been quoted.

But some here are playing a very dangerous game of ignoring plain Bible truth for their own imaginary beliefs. And not just ignoring Bible truth but reinterpreting the Bible to suit their fancies. Every person -- saved or lost -- must take the written Word of God as it was intended to be taken.

Nov 12, 2015
I feel like you're trying to be jovial in this discussion, but its coming off as disingenuous, to the importance of this discussion. You say its vital, but you keep playing around. I find it annoying, to be frank. I'm not usually serious like this, but you're being presented with hard facts, plain scripture, and all you can say is, "I disagree." What are you, if not a spirit within a body (as evidenced through a crazy amount of scripture)?
Would you rather I do as you have done and say I disagree and then post the same thing and the same verses I previously posted?

I will however apologize for joking around with you. I thought you were joking around so I joked back.

Nov 12, 2015
Why do people take such cheap shots? Insecurity, maybe?
I was just getting ready to reply that he wasn't taking a cheap shot and that he and I were joking around. But then I found out that he wasn't joking with me and was being very serious!

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Would you rather I do as you have done and say I disagree and then post the same thing and the same verses I previously posted?

I will however apologize for joking around with you. I thought you were joking around so I joked back.
Apology accepted. Yes, I would like for you to make your case. Maybe I will be convinced. If its the truth, the Spirit will lead us into it, right?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I would like to commend you Ben for your total and consistent acceptance of Scripture regarding this subject.

As to SBG, yes, you are indeed playing around with plain Scripture, and also playing with fire. God will not be mocked. Had you been serious, you would have honestly admitted that you had a faulty understanding of these Scriptures. Instead you have doubled down with your "I disagree". This is not a matter of disagreeing with others but disagreeing with God. A very dangerous game.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Stunned I don't mean to get aggravated towards you, and we can be friendly and joyful. Sorry. No issue there. I just find that your comedic talents during this discussion are somewhat dismissive to what is being presented instead of reflective. Almost as if you're not considering what is being shared. :confused:

CS1

May 23, 2012
Really??
Are you sure??
I think THIS is allegorizing scripture: eternally dead does not really mean dead - it means the complete opposite of what any man thinks of as dead - it means eternally alive and in eternal torment.
No it means you have not looked at the full context of the word in the verse, chapter and book to ensure you have the authorial intent.
In Rev 20:13 the word Dead there is not the same word as for exmaple

as what is said in 1Pet 1:21 apoginomai "Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead,(one that has breathed his last, lifeless ) and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

In rev 20:13 nekros "And the sea gave up the dead(the actual spiritual condition of unsaved men, ) which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
so the word dead has to be seen in the light of authorial intent . How can a phsically dead person stand before the Lord and give an account for what he did while living?

The main reason why this idea is error because it speaks against

The literal resurrected body of Christ.

Did Jesus die physically aka dead? Or not? Did Jesus raise from the Dead physically or not? Did Jesus ascend to heaven physically or not? Is Jesus coming back literally and in a glorified Body or not?

Is Jesus going to judge both the living and the dead?

Nov 12, 2015
Apology accepted. Yes, I would like for you to make your case. Maybe I will be convinced. If its the truth, the Spirit will lead us into it, right?
Well...I do honestly think that if there is a thinking man in here who could at least follow my reasoning on the scriptures I've given, (aside from pennepastaEd), that it would most likely be you. But you have read my posts, so I don't know what good dancing the dance again would accomplish...and by the way, I'm not trying to change your mind.