The cults

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Hay thunderrr-mental, your posts remind me of the little Cho-Cho that never gives up.

They were never saved because they choose not to be, it's called free-will.
Is man's free will unlimited?

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
You actually know less than you think you do.

Exactly. You all the way. That is all your hear when someone does not agree with how great you think you are.
I have to ask Niki7? Who are you mad at? To put it another way, why are you so bitter?

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

10-22-27

Dec 17, 2023
Jeanne Dixon
Psychic hotlines are only one aspect of America’s growing psychic industry. There are psychic fairs and metaphysical and New Age bookstores found online. On January 25, 1997, Jeanne Dixon, America’s most famous psychic, died. During her lifetime, America experienced unparalleled growth in the interest and acceptance of psychics and paranormal phenomena. Dixon had become an advisor to world leaders, including U.S. Presidents, writing eight books. She had syndicated columns featured in over 800 newspapers worldwide at the time of her death.

Within this psychic movement, we can find certain aspects of the mesmeric and Spiritualist movements, including hypnotism, alleged healing, and rappings. Spiritualists now collaborate with scholars to scientifically measure and prove psychic phenomena.
Some psychics claim that their powers are consistent with the Bible and come from God; they even offer convincing demonstrations as proof of supernatural abilities.

Jesus warned his followers not to seek after signs, explaining that his resurrection, or the “sign of Jonah,” would be the only verifying miracle upon which believers can trust. Scripture warns us of demons, “seducing spirits,” and “doctrines of devils.” We are warned, “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.”
Putting your Christian faith into any one of these can be both spiritually and emotionally dangerous. Anyone can become dependent on their psychics for making even simple daily decisions, and in this, they lose control of their lives.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Unfortunately the "Wof" movement does not adhere to the real understanding of Romans 10:8, "But what does it say? The Word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching." In other words, the message of salvation by faith conveys the good news that Christ, the Son of God, came down from heaven to become the Son of Man and to die for us, and that He has ascended again from the dead."

The actual Wof movement changed the meaning of this verse by saying, "You can have what you say." Or you have a divine right to prosper in all areas of life. Or you will get healed, no matter your physical problem. Of course it gets a lot worse when you have Kenneth Copeland teaching that Jesus Christ took on the nature of Satan. And that He Jesus went to hell and was tortured by Satan until God the Father yelled out, "Let Him be." I just touched on some of this, it gets a lot worse. Btw, welcome to Church Chat.

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
Completely agree with you here. I am w.o.f. by how I defined it like all true Christians are. We are just not w.o.f. how those on television define it.

smudge

Feb 1, 2024
The sooner we all realize that we are all heretics, the sooner unbelievers will have a better opinion of us all. Nobody has everything correct. If we disagree we shouldn't label one another as false teachers. As we speak, both Barna and Pew have polls that show people have a very unfavorable opinion of 'Christians' especially 'evangelicals. One big reason - Christians can hardly agree on anything.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
The sooner we all realize that we are all heretics, the sooner unbelievers will have a better opinion of us all. Nobody has everything correct. If we disagree we shouldn't label one another as false teachers. As we speak, both Barna and Pew have polls that show people have a very unfavorable opinion of 'Christians' especially 'evangelicals. One big reason - Christians can hardly agree on anything.
I disagree with this assessment.

smudge

Feb 1, 2024
I disagree with this assessment.
May the first person who believes they have everything correct please step forward.

Christianity has seriously been losing ground for over 20 years and ALL the polls prove this. They call this the rise of the DONES AND NONES and it's much worse today that in 2002!

http://www.christianity9to5.org/few-have-a-positive-view-of-christians/

I didn't realize it but that is a 2002 poll. More recent Barna and Pew polls show Christianity being in serious decline. The main causes of this is Christian disagreements, judgmentalism and hypocrisy especially toward LGBTQ folks. Politics - far right stuff also plays a role.

In this poll non-religious people were surveyed to determine their favorable or unfavorable opinion of groups like Democrats, Republicans, Real Estate agents, movie and television performers, lawyers, evangelicals, lesbians, and prostitutes, clergy, born again Christians.

The only group with a more unfavorable opinion of Evangelicals were prostitutes.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
May the first person who believes they have everything correct please step forward.

Christianity has seriously been losing ground for over 20 years and ALL the polls prove this. They call this the rise of the DONES AND NONES and it's much worse today that in 2002!

http://www.christianity9to5.org/few-have-a-positive-view-of-christians/

I didn't realize it but that is a 2002 poll. More recent Barna and Pew polls show Christianity being in serious decline. The main causes of this is Christian disagreements, judgmentalism and hypocrisy especially toward LGBTQ folks. Politics - far right stuff also plays a role.

In this poll non-religious people were surveyed to determine their favorable or unfavorable opinion of groups like Democrats, Republicans, Real Estate agents, movie and television performers, lawyers, evangelicals, lesbians, and prostitutes, clergy, born again Christians.

The only group with a more unfavorable opinion of Evangelicals were prostitutes.
It was just a joke. Maybe Christians should cover others sins rather than take offense. Perhaps that would change people's minds.

Do you know the best vitamin for a Christian?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Denominations of Christianity all claim to derive each's doctrine from the Word, the Bible. Because they do not agree with each other tells me that apostasy abounds. Golly, it is written apostasy would abound.

The closest a person can get to the true denomination would be to hear Jesus Yeshua, and to realize it is the faith of Abraham we must all possess, not some kind of written doctrine for without th leadership of the Holy Spirit, the written text kills.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
That is an interesting question. It depends on what you're talking about.
Man is finite. Man was created. Man is disposed toward sin. In what way is Man not limited?

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Man is finite. Man was created. Man is disposed toward sin. In what way is Man not limited?
Although God might limit man's doing, I'd think that only man, himself, can limit his own will. Or so I'd think. I gather that you've read it that God places the will in us but I'm not so sure it should be read that way. "For it is God that works in you...," this revelation in Phil 2:13 is preceded by the provided example of Christ's mind that we should "let be in you,' of Whom we know to have given, "Not my will, but yours be done," and I suppose to draw, from the Father's will, the impetus, that is the love, to do.

10-22-27

Dec 17, 2023
Cult symbols have spread like a plague across the Western world. The world of the occult includes symbols imbued with power by magicians working in conjunction with the demonic spirit world.

The all-seeing eye: A universal symbol representing spiritual sight, inner vision, higher knowledge, and insight into occult mysteries. We find it on our one-dollar bill.

Alchemy: Blending Geometric shapes, elemental symbols, and astrological signs. Each part represents the various elements and forces needed for magical work in the quest for physical transformation, spiritual illumination, and immortality.

Amulets: A magic charm worn to bring good luck and protection against illness, accidents, and evil forces.

Anarchy: Popular among school-aged children, the symbol of anarchy fits the message that pervades the most popular video games, role-playing games, movies, and TV.

Ankh: An Egyptian cross symbolizing a mythical eternal life, rebirth, and the sun’s life-giving power.

Angel: Symbol of good and evil spirits in religion around the world.

Butterfly: A popular tattoo, and necklaces remind Christians of the amazing transformation that occurs through Christ’s redemption and regeneration, as in being born again.

Crystal ball: Used for divination, fortunetelling, and prophecy.

Blair Witch: Five-pointed compound symbol with a center triangle pointing down. A magic symbol or charm among medieval alchemists and wizards.

A circle quartered: A sacred circle filled with a cross, four equal lines pointing from the center to the spirits of the North, East, South, and West.

Masonic Compass: The compass and the T-square symbol represent movement toward perfection and a balance between the spiritual and physical, resembling Egyptian and oriental mysticism.

Crescent moon: A symbol of the aging goddess to contemporary witches and victory over death to many Muslims. In Islamic nations, a crescent encloses a lone pentagram, a five-pointed star pointing down.

The Cross: Both believers and non-believers use the cross as decoration or an occult symbol.

The inverted cross: Representing the apostle Peter’s humility in his martyrdom. He insisted that he be crucified upside-down.

There are hundreds of other symbols used by the cults. The Muslim Brotherhood features the Koran at the top. The Frog, the fish, the Hand of Fatima, the Eye of Horus, The evil eye, Elements, Dragons, Doves, the Two-headed eagle, the Hexagram, the six-pointed star, the Italian horn, Kaballah, etc., all symbols of the occult.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Although God might limit man's doing, I'd think that only man, himself, can limit his own will. Or so I'd think. I gather that you've read it that God places the will in us but I'm not so sure it should be read that way. "For it is God that works in you...," this revelation in Phil 2:13 is preceded by the provided example of Christ's mind that we should "let be in you,' of Whom we know to have given, "Not my will, but yours be done," and I suppose to draw, from the Father's will, the impetus, that is the love, to do.
What does man's will consist in? Is it only in purposing? Or is it in bringing a purpose to fruition?
Does God only will? Or is He willing and doing?
Does our fallen nature limit what we will?
For the Christian, is it God's command to limit our will?
If we can do nothing apart from Christ, does this limit our will?
Even in the example you gave, isn't the exercise of God's will in us limiting and appropriating our will?

From another angle...
What is your favorite color? Favorite food? Why is this so? Were these things innate? Did you decide or discover this about yourself?

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
What does man's will consist in? Is it only in purposing? Or is it in bringing a purpose to fruition?
Does God only will? Or is He willing and doing?
Does our fallen nature limit what we will?
For the Christian, is it God's command to limit our will?
If we can do nothing apart from Christ, does this limit our will?
Even in the example you gave, isn't the exercise of God's will in us limiting and appropriating our will?

From another angle...
What is your favorite color? Favorite food? Why is this so? Were these things innate? Did you decide or discover this about yourself?
I could will that my favorite color be yours, if it'd make you happy.
Christ expressed His will that the cup be taken from Him, why then did He drink it?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I could will that my favorite color be yours, if it'd make you happy.
Christ expressed His will that the cup be taken from Him, why then did He drink it?
Ok. Your favorite color is now blue. But this actually makes my point. You can say now that your favorite color is blue. But is it really?
In my opinion, Jesus is a poor test case. In His humanity, He asks for the cup to be removed. Do you believe He was asking in His deity? Did He do it for the joy set before Him? Did He delight to do YOUR WILL O God? Being God, wasn't it His own will?

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
To the world we lack humility and we come across like we have all the answers, but then when they see all this disagreement we loose credibility.