The daily sacrifice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

10-22-27

Dec 17, 2023
Question: What was the Daily Sacrifice Daniel spoke of?’ Was it about the sacrifice itself done by the priests daily? Or was it about God’s blessing that resulted from the Daily Sacrifice? Here is the verse in question.

Daniel 12:11-12, “From the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that makes desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days (1290). Blessed is he that waits and comes to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. (1335)”

The redemptive plan for the Jews was divinely designed by the Lord. All temple sacrifices were to be instituted by divine appointment and were to prefigure the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. God alone orders his form of worship and regards as vain and presumptuous every pretense of honoring him which he has not commanded. The sacrifices commanded represented grace and purity, but these sacrifices did not impart grace and purity.

The proper order of temple sacrifices was made clear to Moses. First, the sin offering on the day of Atonement (Yom Kipper) because this sacrifice occupied the most important place; Yom Kippur is the most holy day for the Jews. After this sacrifice had been offered by the Priest and received by the Lord, only then could the daily sacrifice and the meat offering, or peace offering be made. Only a Priest of the tribe of Levi was permitted into the Holy of Holies on this one holy day as prescribed by the LORD.

Leviticus 16:2, “The LORD said to Moses, --- I will appear in the cloud (smoke of incense) upon the mercy seat.”

Before the Priest entered, his prescribed duty was to fill the Holy Place with the smoke of incense. The reason for the smoke of incense is that if he were to look upon the person of God, he would have been struck dead.

Habakkuk 1:13, ‘You (LORD) are of purer eyes than to behold evil and cannot look at iniquity.’

And it was only upon the Mercy seat that the LORD presented himself in all his glory (the Shekinah glory) to the High Priest. If the LORD accepted the sacrifice, the Priest was cleansed of his sins. Once done, he would cleanse the Tabernacle and make an offering for the sins of the people.

First, he would go behind the curtain with the incense and fill the room with smoke from the incense. He would then sprinkle the blood offering on the Mercy Seat to atone for his sins and then for the people’s sins. Let me repeat: The blood must first be sprinkled on the mercy seat.

This offering protected the people and the Priests from the wrath of God because of their sins. The Day of Atonement took place once each year on the tenth day of October by our calendar and on the seventh month, the tenth day according to the Jewish calendar.

But only on this one specified holy Day of Atonement could the whole system of other sacrifices be cleansed and rebooted.

So, the Daily Sacrifice would be received by the LORD only if the sacrifice on the Day of Atonement was satisfactorily presented. But for 2600 years there existed a problem the Jews were unable to overcome. Without the Ark of the Covenant, and the Mercy Seat, there could not be any acceptable Daily sacrifice because the Day of Atonement did not proceed as prescribed by the Lord.

Dec 14, 2023
Do You believe like many it was necessary for the Temple to be destroyed to help guide the Jews to believing they can be the "Temple" which God abides in and His Sacrifice remains daily?

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The Day of Atonement took place once each year on the tenth day of October by our calendar and on the seventh month, the tenth day according to the Jewish calendar.
Question: Are you saying that The Day of Atonement (Tishri 10) always lands on October 10 every year?

If this is what you are saying, I would have to say that I disagree with that notion.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
[...] necessary for the Temple to be destroyed to help guide the Jews to believing they can be the "Temple" which God abides in and His Sacrifice remains daily?
For one thing, Paul never uses the definite article ('the') when speaking of us [/believers] as "temple"

= )

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Question: What was the Daily Sacrifice Daniel spoke of?’ Was it about the sacrifice itself done by the priests daily? Or was it about God’s blessing that resulted from the Daily Sacrifice? Here is the verse in question.

Daniel 12:11-12, “From the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that makes desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days (1290). Blessed is he that waits and comes to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. (1335)”
i believe that the daily sacrifice today is lives lived out in service to Jesus Christ. 1335 days before Christ returns, the antichrist will stop all Christian worship and service in Jerusalem, and Christians still there, who did not escape when the city became surrounded by the antichrist's armies, will be killed.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
Daniel 12:11-12, “From the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that makes desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days (1290). Blessed is he that waits and comes to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. (1335)

If we are looking inside the Tribulation of 7 years the timing of the Abomination would be 30 days after the antichrist takes is seat in the temple of God. 1260 days plus 30 equals 1290 days

The Blessed Day would be 75 days from the time the antichrist takes his seat in Temple. 1260 plus 75= 1335 days

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
i believe that the daily sacrifice today is lives lived out in service to Jesus Christ. 1335 days before Christ returns, the antichrist will stop all Christian worship and service in Jerusalem, and Christians still there, who did not escape when the city became surrounded by the antichrist's armies, will be killed.
Sounds eerily similar to something that already happened in the past.

10-22-27

Dec 17, 2023
Do You believe like many it was necessary for the Temple to be destroyed to help guide the Jews to believing they can be the "Temple" which God abides in and His Sacrifice remains daily?

10-22-27

Dec 17, 2023
Question: Are you saying that The Day of Atonement (Tishri 10) always lands on October 10 every year?

If this is what you are saying, I would have to say that I disagree with that notion.

Let me put it this way, the feast was to last eight days. It was observed after harvest on the fifteenth day of the month Tisra. Leviticus 23:34-44. You're missing the whole point of the post. This discussion concerns Daniel's prophesies, and the question, 'when was the daily sacrifice taken away.'

Dec 14, 2023
Since I understand You are not talking about the Temple being destroyed in 70 AD. And You are still inferring that Daily Sacrifice has ended. But You are not mentioning the abomination at all. The Cross? Or, is this the future event still to come You speak about?

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
As far as the Feast Days, the Gregorian and the Hebrew calendar are not compatible with each other

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

The redemptive plan for the Jews was divinely designed by the Lord. All temple sacrifices were to be instituted by divine appointment and were to prefigure the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. God alone orders his form of worship and regards as vain and presumptuous every pretense of honoring him which he has not commanded. The sacrifices commanded represented grace and purity, but these sacrifices did not impart grace and purity.

The proper order of temple sacrifices was made clear to Moses. First, the sin offering on the day of Atonement (Yom Kipper) because this sacrifice occupied the most important place; Yom Kippur is the most holy day for the Jews. After this sacrifice had been offered by the Priest and received by the Lord, only then could the daily sacrifice and the meat offering, or peace offering be made. Only a Priest of the tribe of Levi was permitted into the Holy of Holies on this one holy day as prescribed by the LORD.

Leviticus 16:2, “The LORD said to Moses, --- I will appear in the cloud (smoke of incense) upon the mercy seat.”

Before the Priest entered, his prescribed duty was to fill the Holy Place with the smoke of incense. The reason for the smoke of incense is that if he were to look upon the person of God, he would have been struck dead.

Habakkuk 1:13, ‘You (LORD) are of purer eyes than to behold evil and cannot look at iniquity.’

And it was only upon the Mercy seat that the LORD presented himself in all his glory (the Shekinah glory) to the High Priest. If the LORD accepted the sacrifice, the Priest was cleansed of his sins. Once done, he would cleanse the Tabernacle and make an offering for the sins of the people.

First, he would go behind the curtain with the incense and fill the room with smoke from the incense. He would then sprinkle the blood offering on the Mercy Seat to atone for his sins and then for the people’s sins. Let me repeat: The blood must first be sprinkled on the mercy seat.

This offering protected the people and the Priests from the wrath of God because of their sins. The Day of Atonement took place once each year on the tenth day of October by our calendar and on the seventh month, the tenth day according to the Jewish calendar.

But only on this one specified holy Day of Atonement could the whole system of other sacrifices be cleansed and rebooted.

So, the Daily Sacrifice would be received by the LORD only if the sacrifice on the Day of Atonement was satisfactorily presented. But for 2600 years there existed a problem the Jews were unable to overcome. Without the Ark of the Covenant, and the Mercy Seat, there could not be any acceptable Daily sacrifice because the Day of Atonement did not proceed as prescribed by the Lord.
All of the old testament is given to us in fleshly symbols of the truth of the spirit of the Lord. All os the sacrificial system was symbols of Christ. We go to Christ daily, for Christ is the true sacrifice for our sins.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
TheDivineWatermark said:

Let me put it this way, the feast was to last eight days. It was observed after harvest on the fifteenth day of the month Tisra. Leviticus 23:34-44.
Well, now you're talking about the 7-day "Feast of Tabernacles" (or "Booths"). That indeed starts on "Tishri 15".

That's not what I was asking about, but rather I was asking about what you had posted about in the OP... the part I quoted ^ , about "The Day of Atonement" which takes place on "Tishri 10" (but that's not our [calendar of] "Oct 10" every year--my point).

You're missing the whole point of the post.
I'm not missing the point of your OP.

I desired to ask a question of CLARIFICATION...

... so that I could better ascertain the overall point you are making...

... because it seems to me that by your stating that "The Day of Atonement" takes place on our [calendar of] "Oct 10" leads me to believe you've either made a typo, or perhaps are mis-taking something (in Scripture or the calendars)...

...and NOW you are suggesting that your OP reference (the specific point *I* was asking for CLARIFICATION about) was INSTEAD about the "7-day Feast of Tabernacles" that runs from "Tishri 15" to the end of those "7 days"--but I wasn't asking about that in particular. I wanted clarification about your understanding of when "The Day of Atonement [Tishri 10]" would be on our calendar (coz it's not always on our "Oct 10" as you stated it is).

This discussion concerns Daniel's prophesies, and the question, 'when was the daily sacrifice taken away.'
Right, I get that.

I just like to know what facts you are presenting, to make your case... and I desired clarification on that ONE point.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Question: What was the Daily Sacrifice Daniel spoke of
That is found in Exodus and Numbers.
Now this is that which thou shalt offer upon the altar; two lambs of the first year day by day continually. The one lamb thou shalt offer in the morning; and the other lamb thou shalt offer at even: (Exod 29:38,39)

And thou shalt say unto them, This is the offering made by fire which ye shall offer unto the LORD; two lambs of the first year without spot day by day, for a continual burnt offering. The one lamb shalt thou offer in the morning, and the other lamb shalt thou offer at even; And a tenth part of an ephah of flour for a meat offering, mingled with the fourth part of an hin of beaten oil. It is a continual burnt offering, which was ordained in mount Sinai for a sweet savour, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD. (Num 28:3-6)

These lambs represented Christ -- the Lamb of God who is without spot or blemish. While He was om earth, He was in fact a daily sacrifice.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The Temple began its destruction when the Head and Chief Cornerstone was taken away and went on to Heaven. The living stones of the Temple follow since thenn. When Jesus Yeshua returns, the Temple, the true Temple shall be rebuilt.

There should come an imitation of this prophecy in the earthly Jerusalem before the Tribulation culminating in His Glorious return.

10-22-27

Dec 17, 2023
Since I understand You are not talking about the Temple being destroyed in 70 AD. And You are still inferring that Daily Sacrifice has ended. But You are not mentioning the abomination at all. The Cross? Or, is this the future event still to come You speak about?
I would love to, but nobody asked. The abomination of desolation Daniel speaks of ties in directly to "when was the daily sacrifice taken away." Using the K.J.B. put Daniel 12:11 and Matthew 24:15, side by side, let me know if you can spot the difference between the two. Then there's Daniel 8:13, to consider, it speaks of a "transgression of desolation" tied into "the daily sacrifice. Consider this, from Daniel 1 to chapter 12, the book covers centuries, not days, that has to be a top consideration when studying the book.

I have family members coming to Alabama from New York today. I won't have time to come back to you, but I'll be back tomorrow.