The Dangers of Being Unreasonable

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
Yeshua is not only shadowed in the OT, He is mentioned by name in 77 verses of the OT. Oh the beauty of Hebrew words.

Strong's H3444 = "Yeshua" and means God's salvation and deliverance and health.

A few examples of the 77 verses in the OT:

(Genesis 49:18) I have waitedH6960 for thy salvation,H3444 O LORD.H3068

(Exodus 15:2) The LORDH3050 is my strengthH5797 and song,H2176 and he is becomeH1961 my salvation:H3444 heH2088 is my God,H410 and I will prepare him an habitation;H5115 my father'sH1 God,H430 and I will exaltH7311 him.

(1 Samuel 2:1) And HannahH2584 prayed,H6419 and said,H559 My heartH3820 rejoicethH5970 in the LORD,H3068 mine hornH7161 is exaltedH7311 in the LORD:H3068 my mouthH6310 is enlargedH7337 overH5921 mine enemies;H341 becauseH3588 I rejoiceH8055 in thy salvation.H3444

(Psalms 3:8) SalvationH3444 belongeth unto the LORD:H3068 thy blessingH1293 is uponH5921 thy people.H5971 Selah.H5542

(Psalms 9:14) ThatH4616 I may shew forthH5608 allH3605 thy praiseH8416 in the gatesH8179 of the daughterH1323 of Zion:H6726 I will rejoiceH1523 in thy salvation.H3444

(Psalms 13:5) But IH589 have trustedH982 in thy mercy;H2617 my heartH3820 shall rejoiceH1523 in thy salvation.H3444

(Psalms 20:5) We will rejoiceH7442 in thy salvation,H3444 and in the nameH8034 of our GodH430 we will set up our banners:H1713 the LORDH3068 fulfilH4390 allH3605 thy petitions.H4862

(Psalms 42:11) WhyH4100 art thou cast down,H7817 O my soul?H5315 and whyH4100 art thou disquietedH1993 withinH5921 me? hopeH3176 thou in God:H430 forH3588 I shall yetH5750 praiseH3034 him, who is the healthH3444 of my countenance,H6440 and my God.H430

(Psalms 43:5) WhyH4100 art thou cast down,H7817 O my soul?H5315 and whyH4100 art thou disquietedH1993 withinH5921 me? hopeH3176 in God:H430 forH3588 I shall yetH5750 praiseH3034 him, who is the healthH3444 of my countenance,H6440 and my God.H430

(Psalms 44:4) ThouH859 art my King,H4428 O God:H430 commandH6680 deliverancesH3444 for Jacob.H3290

(Psalms 53:6) Oh thatH4310 H5414 the salvationH3444 of IsraelH3478 were come out of Zion!H4480 H6726 When GodH430 bringeth backH7725 the captivityH7622 of his people,H5971 JacobH3290 shall rejoice,H1523 and IsraelH3478 shall be glad.H8055

(Psalms 62:1) To the chief Musician,H5329 toH5921 Jeduthun,H3038 A PsalmH4210 of David.H1732 TrulyH389 my soulH5315 waitethH1747 uponH413 God:H430 fromH4480 him cometh my salvation.H3444

(Psalms 62:2) HeH1931 onlyH389 is my rockH6697 and my salvation;H3444 he is my defence;H4869 I shall notH3808 be greatlyH7227 moved.H4131

(Psalms 67:2) That thy wayH1870 may be knownH3045 upon earth,H776 thy saving healthH3444 among allH3605 nations.H1471

(Psalms 91:16) With longH753 lifeH3117 will I satisfyH7646 him, and shewH7200 him my salvation.H3444

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I have studied the name for my own benefit since 1969. In 1971-72, I was blessed to be able to afford to go to Israel to learn more on the subject.

Since then in the ensuing decades I have always looked up Hebrew words in various sources to learn more. Today, to my satisfaction I know both Yahweh and Yeshua are about as good as it gets in pronouncing the names. Originally there were NO vowel markings in the Hebrew/Aramaic tongue. Yet people knew how to pronounce words by usage.

Also, there are so many cross references in the language of words and word roots that it is easy to ascertain the pronuciation, and there accents within Hebrew such as Ashkenaz and Sephardic, not to mention the accents developed in the newly spoken version of Israel.

I will not say trust me, but I am satisfied with my own research. I do not trust anyone before Yahweh, not even myself, but with this I do trust the assurance afforded me by the Holy Spirit.

Please, do not trust me, but please do not argue simply because of what you have heard voted upon by spiritless intelectualism.

Again, my consultations and study have led me, myself, to determine the pronunciations, and they are not in any manner far-fetched. What is far-fetched is that the Gerund Name of the Father cannot be pronounced. This name, which some think is too holy to be uttered, is not going to be eternal. We will all know our God with One name come the Kingdom, and we will all have one tongue, (language).

Just because you pronounce it doesn't mean means it can be pronounced. They put in the vowels of the word 'Adonai' (Lord) to form the word 'Yawheh' but as such that word cannot be pronounced, trust me. How can His name be declared? Well, by calling Him 'Lord,' (Adonai) like the jews themselves do. I don't see the extra value of either calling the Lord 'Yawheh' a/o Jesus 'Yeshua.' Frankly I believe it's just a way to overcomplicate things. It's not productive. But again, you go right ahead.

D

didymos

(...)
Please, do not trust me, but please do not argue simply because of what you have heard voted upon by spiritless intelectualism. (...)
Judge not indeed...
True, it's something I 'heard'.... from some professor at a faculty of theology (and verified myself later on). You may call years of study 'spiritless intelectualism' (sic)... and I'm not offended by that. You cant always be 'full of the Spirit' you know, not as a scientist. A good response to my comments could have been: 'where do you base your statements on?' Not this. So yeah, I'm kinda done with this thread

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
There is grave danger circulating in the various representations of the Body of Yeshua, Jesus. That danger is the condemnation emanating from varied sources of the people frequenting our Forum. These are folks who are too busy finding fault with various denominations to discuss the Bible; you know, the subject of this particular forum.
The Bible says we are to correct each other. Too often correction is taken as condemnation. If we are to correct one another in love, then the correction should be received with love as well.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Please forgive that if you believe it is directed to you directly, my reference is to myself. I try not to learn word by word, line by line, but I do read, reread, and wait on the Lord. It is my faith, and the way given me. No, I did not even begin to think this of you. Again, forgive that, and may God hold you near always, amen.

Judge not indeed...
True, it's something I 'heard'.... from some professor at a faculty of theology (and verified myself later on). You may call years of study 'spiritless intelectualism' (sic)... and I'm not offended by that. You cant always be 'full of the Spirit' you know, not as a scientist. A good response to my comments could have been: 'where do you base your statements on?' Not this. So yeah, I'm kinda done with this thread

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The word, representations, is mention of denominations, not those saved within each. I seem to be begging pardon a lot lately. Words are not adequate it seems. May Yahweh bless you always, amen.

The Bible says we are to correct each other. Too often correction is taken as condemnation. If we are to correct one another in love, then the correction should be received with love as well.

D

didymos

Please forgive that if you believe it is directed to you directly, my reference is to myself. I try not to learn word by word, line by line, but I do read, reread, and wait on the Lord. It is my faith, and the way given me. No, I did not even begin to think this of you. Again, forgive that, and may God hold you near always, amen.

Thank you.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
The tetragrammaton cannot be pronounced, and since biblical times the jews themselves have refused to pronounce it. But you go right ahead. My comments are technical in nature, it's not that I don't like you, in fact I love you in CHRIST JESUS. Amen.
Just because you pronounce it doesn't mean means it can be pronounced. They put in the vowels of the word 'Adonai' (Lord) to form the word 'Yawheh' but as such that word cannot be pronounced, trust me. How can His name be declared? Well, by calling Him 'Lord,' (Adonai) like the jews themselves do. I don't see the extra value of either calling the Lord 'Yawheh' a/o Jesus 'Yeshua.' Frankly I believe it's just a way to overcomplicate things. It's not productive. But again, you go right ahead.
Not pronouncing Yahweh's Name was a pharisee Law that transgressed what Yahweh Commanded. Unless you believe the pharisees over Yahweh that is. THe Masorites forged vowels into the text and commanded YHWH be pronounced Adonai (Lord) or Elohim (God(s). I myself use Yahweh because we are told to and Acts 5:29, "...We must obey Yahweh rather than men."

Origin of the ban on the Name of the Most High: Yahweh

Talmud - Mas. Sotah 38a
Another [Baraitha] taught: ‘On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel’ — with the use of
the Shem Hameforash.15 You say that it means with the Tetragrammaton; but perhaps that is not so and a substituted name was used!16 There is a text to say: So shall they put My name17 — My name which is unique to Me. It is possible to think that [the Shem Hameforash was also used] in places outside the Temple; but it is stated here, ‘So shall they put My name’ and elsewhere it is stated: To put His name there18 — as in this latter passage it denotes in the Temple so also in the former passage it denotes in the Temple. R. Joshiah says: [This deduction] is unnecessary; behold it states: In every place where I cause My name to be remembered I will come unto thee.19 Can it enter your mind that every place is intended?20 But the text must be transposed thus: In every place where I will come unto thee and bless thee will I cause My name to be remembered; and where will I come unto thee and bless thee? In the Temple; there, in the Temple, will I cause My name to be remembered. Another [Baraitha] teaches: ‘On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel’ — I have here only the children of Israel; whence is it that proselytes, women and enfranchised slaves [are included]? There is a text to state, Ye shall say unto them21 — i.e., to all of them.

"but perhaps that is not so and a substituted name was used,"
No Scripture says anything like this at all, a Rabbi comes along and says, " "but perhaps that is not so," and after that Yahweh's Name is hidden. However it is not that FOOLISH and innocent, as it was on purpose that this was contrived:

Yeremyah 23:26-27, "How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Yes, they are prophets of the deceit of their own minds; Who devise; plan and scheme, to cause My people to forget My Name through their dreams, which they tell every man to his neighbor, just as their fathers have forgotten My Name for Baal; (Lord.)"

Now, you may be wondering why I have the word "Lord" after "Baal."

BAAL (DEITY) [Heb ba˓al (בַּעַל )]. Canaanite storm and fertility god. The name, which means “lord, ” is an epithet of the god Hadad (lit. “thunderer” ). Well-known from the OT, he is now extremely well-attested in the Ugaritic texts, in addition to being mentioned in other ancient texts.
Freedman, David Noel: The Anchor Bible Dictionary. New York : Doubleday, 1996, c1992, S. 1:546

BA´AL (bāʹal; Heb. ba˓al, “lord, possessor”).
1. A common name for god among the Phoenicians; also the name of their chief male god. See Gods, False.
Unger, Merrill Frederick ; Harrison, R. K. ; Vos, Howard Frederic ; Barber, Cyril J. ; Unger, Merrill Frederick: The New Unger's Bible Dictionary. Rev. and updated ed. Chicago : Moody Press, 1988

Baal (Heb. ba˓al) DEITY
The Canaanite storm- and fertility-god. As an epithet for various West Semitic deities, especially Hadad, the name means “lord,” designating a legal state of ownership or social superiority. With the obvious exception of Yahweh, Baal is the most significant deity in the OT.
Freedman, David Noel ; Myers, Allen C. ; Beck, Astrid B.: Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible. Grand Rapids, Mich. : W.B. Eerdmans, 2000

BAAL [BAY uhl] (lord, master) — the name of one or more false gods, a place, and two people in the Old Testament:
1. A fertility and nature god of the Canaanites and Phoenicians. Also see Gods, Pagan.
Youngblood, Ronald F. ; Bruce, F. F. ; Harrison, R. K. ; Thomas Nelson Publishers: Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Dictionary. Nashville : T. Nelson, 1995

The Name YHWH was removed at least 6,828 times and replaced with LORD or GOD. You can tell where it was because ALL the letters are capital where YHWH was. The Masorites added vowel points to the Hebrew manuscripts (not in the "J" writings," (Called J (Y) for it's use of YHWH), but in the next oldest, the "E" writings (for it's use of Elohim). The vowel points replaced Yahweh's Name with Adonal = Lord and Elohim = God(s).It is forbidden by Yahweh to hide His Name by the way. However as we seen in the Talmud, to the Rabbis this is of no effect: "we pay no attention to a Heavenly Voice." Then we come to modern times when this false practice is still used, I have a Bible that says, quote: "this tradition is still used".

Mattithyah 15:2-3, "Why do Your disciples transgress the traditions of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat. But He answered, and said to them:
And why do you transgress the Laws of Yahweh by your traditions?"

Talmud - Mas. Yoma 39b
His brethren [that year] the priests forbore to mention the Ineffable Name in pronouncing the [priestly] blessing.4 Our Rabbis taught: During the last forty years before the destruction of the Temple the lot [‘For the Lord’] did not come up in the right hand; nor did the crimson-coloured strap become white;

Numbers 6:23-27, "Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying; This is how you are to bless the children of Israyl. Say to them; YAHWEH BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU. YAHWEH MAKE HIS FACE SHINE UPON YOU AND BE MERCIFUL TO YOU. YAHWEH LIFT UP HIS COUNTENANCE UPON YOU, AND GIVE YOU PEACE. So they will put MY NAME on the children of Israyl, and I will bless them."

This is the Command that the "priests forbore", all supposedly because that "Rabbi" said, "but perhaps that is not so." Note "nor did the crimson-coloured strap become white," this was the sign that thier sins were forgiven. Also the Talmud RECORDS that after they killed Yahshua, from that time until the destruction of the House of Yahweh (Solomon's Temple) the crimson colored strap NEVER turned white again.

Yeremyah 12:14-17, "This is what Yahweh says against all My evil neighbors who touch the inheritance which I have caused My people Israyl to inherit: Behold, I will pluck them up from off their land, and I will pluck up the house of Yahdah from among them. And it will come to pass, after I have plucked them out, that I will return and have compassion on them, and bring them back; everyone to his aheritage and everyone to his land. And it will come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of My people, to vow by My Name, saying; As surely as Yahweh lives--as they once taught My people to vow by Baal; Lord--then they will be established in the midst of My people. But if they do not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation, says Yahweh."

Acts 2:21, "And it will come to pass that whoever calls on the Name of Yahweh will be delivered."

Yahyl (Joel) 2:32, "And whoever will call with the Name of Yahweh will be delivered; for in Mount Zion in Yerusalem there will
be deliverance, as Yahweh has said, among the remnant who has escaped of those whom Yahweh calls."

I think we should all call upon Yahwhe's Name personally.

Zephanyah 3:9, "For then I will purify the lips of the peoples, that they may all call on the name of Yahweh, to serve him shoulder to shoulder.
"