The Dating Age Range.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kenoragirl

i wouldn't go out with someone who was any more than a year younger than me..... guys tend to be immature ;) jk!! and i think... 5 or 6 years older than me would be good. My fiance (ex-finace) was 10 years older than me & I'd never ever ever ever do that again.

S

SamIam

i wouldn't go out with someone who was any more than a year younger than me..... guys tend to be immature ;) jk!! and i think... 5 or 6 years older than me would be good. My fiance (ex-finace) was 10 years older than me & I'd never ever ever ever do that again.

agree with you on the guys tend to be immature at a certain age lol

C

christiancollegegirl

lol! yeah, they're so cute at 100!

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I've met women older (I had a sinful involvement with someone in 2016 who was 2 years my senior at 54, but who could've posed for Sports Illustrated's swimsuit edition), and younger (I've met a few in their 20s, but they felt like peers and we got along very well -- though, none of these I dated).

Sooo... what am I saying? I'm sort of open, I guess, but if you're just entering college or remind me of my mother, not happening :D

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
you are asking people to do maths on here

lol

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
I agree (just for the sake of my own opinion) that the maturity level (throughout various factors in life) is most important to me (along with sense of humor! That's really important to me too--I need someone willing to laugh at my corny jokes.) Although, as I've stated in other threads... I get a little leary of older guys because it's always been older (a lot older) ones who tried to talk to me. (Sorry if you've read my other posts and I'm sounding repetitive) but when I was around 17 (or even younger), guys in their 40's and 60's would try to talk to me. (YUCK, I already have a daddy and a grandpa, sorry.)

But now if someone 40 tries to talk to me, I literally have to smack myself in the forehead and say, "HOLY CRAP!! That's my age range now!!"

What can I say? I guess I'm forever young at heart :)
😄 Oh Seuol, I saw the part that said "Humor" and this guy was the first one that came to mind. 😁

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
My catalogue of mistakes teach me tha ten years is ok after 35. But 5 years is enough gap when u want to start a family.
Flexibility is more important than age. Stubbornness is the most common reason for failure in relationships. Imho

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

aww... what a shame
They are trying to indicate that you have dug up a very, very old thread. Last comment in this thread was from 2009... More than TWO DECADES ago.

However...

This thread's topic is a perennial. It comes up all the time, whether in a new thread every now and then or in an old thread someone dug up. If you had not disinterred this thread, someone would have started a new one on the topic any day now.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
They are trying to indicate that you have dug up a very, very old thread. Last comment in this thread was from 2009... More than TWO DECADES ago.
Yeah, and I was saying 'so what?'

Like you said, the relevance of the topic has not changed.

And by the way, 2009 is not more than two decades (20 years) ago. It's 12 years ago ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, and I was saying 'so what?'

Like you said, the relevance of the topic has not changed.

And by the way, 2009 is not more than two decades (20 years) ago. It's 12 years ago ;)
Whoops.

More than A DECADE ago!

Dig up all the old threads you want, but you're going to get negative reactions. It doesn't profit anything to fire back at them for their negative reactions. You ARE digging up old threads. "So what?" is pointless. If you must dig up old threads, just ignore the responses to your grave digging. It saves a lot of racket and bother.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Whoops.

More than A DECADE ago!

Dig up all the old threads you want, but you're going to get negative reactions. It doesn't profit anything to fire back at them for their negative reactions. You ARE digging up old threads. "So what?" is pointless. If you must dig up old threads, just ignore the responses to your grave digging. It saves a lot of racket and bother.
Blech. They express their opinions, I'll express mine. If they don't like it, they don't have to enter this thread and make their unhelpful "racket".

If the topic seems relevant, I'm addressing it. If that bothers you, no one's forcing you to endure the "bother".

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Blech. They express their opinions, I'll express mine. If they don't like it, they don't have to enter this thread and make their unhelpful "racket".

If the topic seems relevant, I'm addressing it. If that bothers you, no one's forcing you to endure the "bother".
Oh you're one of those.

*Lynx goes goes off to make some popcorn.

This oughta be good for a little entertainment. While it lasts...

Aug 28, 2020
Really all depends, I guess. Right now, I'm not looking for anyone, although, there is a woman (42) in my ballroom dance class that is older than I (35) that might be interested in me. Good looking, too, and very nice.

Anyway, it depends on their maturity along with other factors. I've met women in their 20s who were more mature than ones in their 30s. However, for the average man, it's hard to find someone close in age. Even trying to find someone younger is tough. A lot of women, especially younger women, are taught that they're entitled to the guys that are 9/10 or 10/10, not even giving a normal guy any sort of a chance. And so many of them are extremely immature. I thought this 23 year old woman, but changed my mind when she was giving more attention to the guys closer in age or simply better looking than me.

That's why it's tempting for me to ask out this older woman. Most of what's holding me back IS age, and not just because of her either. She has two kids in their early 20s, one of them already has kids. So not only she's a single mother, but also a young grandmother. I just don't know if it would be right if I did. The maturity is there, at least from what I'm seeing, but the things I just laid out is giving me all sorts of pause. Her kids and the rest of her family, her friends, MY family and friends, and most importantly, which I'm worried about the most, is even if everyone was okay if we became a couple, would it be a godly relationship? So just keep in mind, yes, maturity is very important, but it needs to be right by God's standards above all else.