The day I caused a Muslim to eat pork

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
So today at work I brought in some Thai spring rolls for some of my work mates to enjoy while we were working. They were left overs from the night before.
I cut them in half and offered for people to eat as they wish.

Everyone enjoyed them and towards the end of the day one of the guys asked me, "Was it beef in the rolls?"
I replied, "No, pork and prawn."

And he looked at me with wide eyes and said, "You know..." pointing towards our team leader who is a muslim.

I gasped and realised I didn't think anything of it until he mentioned it, feeling a bit bad but then I laughed out loud and said, "HE WENT BACK FOR SECONDS!" hahaha :D

P

pckts

5f14a5ac43cb07b38a302d1b897d7ff5.jpg

_

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Bring some bacon to work next time.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
That is not funny. Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.(Rom 14:13 KJV)

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
That is not funny. Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.(Rom 14:13 KJV)
Actually, uhh...did you read the part where I didn't realise until it was mentioned at the end of the day?
And also, I decided not to say anything for his conscious sake. Though I am fully convinced all meats are to be eaten with thanksgiving, I still respect the beliefs of others.

P

pckts

It's not funny like a clown. It's that nervous ironic funny, like when you see someone trying to do a skateboard trick and they land on their crotch.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
It's not funny like a clown. It's that nervous ironic funny, like when you see someone trying to do a skateboard trick and they land on their crotch.
I actually felt bad, the funny part for me was that he went back for seconds lol (but there weren't any)

P

pckts

I actually felt bad, the funny part for me was that he went back for seconds lol (but there weren't any)
I feel bad too about it when people get hurt doing dangerous activities. The guy you worked with has a strict diet and lives in the modern society where all food is processed and not what it appears, yet he walks over to your tray and goes to town on some ambiguous spring rolls. Very similar to someone falling on their crotch, not enough caution expressed trying to make a youtube video for attention or satisfy their hunger.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I feel bad too about it when people get hurt doing dangerous activities. The guy you worked with has a strict diet and lives in the modern society where all food is processed and not what it appears, yet he walks over to your tray and goes to town on some ambiguous spring rolls. Very similar to someone falling on their crotch, not enough caution expressed trying to make a youtube video for attention or satisfy their hunger.

hahaha perfect!

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
From this, it seems as if you are saying that Muslims are our brothers in Christ? Did I misunderstand you?
This is a fairly good example of a scripture being taken completely out of context to try to prove a point.

I would not willingly try to trick someone into violating his or her conscience, and the OP obviously did not, either. But that scripture is talking about how we, as Christians, should not use our understanding of our freedom in Christ to put a stumbling block in the way of a new believer in Christ.

Last edited:

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I would have loved to see all that i would have cried tears in laughter.this is hilarious

SovereignGrace

Dec 28, 2016
Oy vey! Muslims are NOT our Brothers and Sisters. They worship Allah & Mohammed. They worship idols, treat their wives like garbage, so he didn’t violate Romans 14:13.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Please stop yanking Scripture out of context in order to slam another person with it.

Thank you.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
To the OP. Man, I'd be watching my back if I were you bro. If he gets word of this, it could get ugly, fast, even though you are not at fault.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
Perhaps you should go to him and mention that there was pork in those spring rolls, and you didn't realize he had a dietary restriction for pork until after the fact. Tell him you'll be more careful about labeling such things in the future.

I only mention this because other people know about it, so it's likely to get back to your team leader eventually.

=============

btw, Some denominations of Christianity do not eat pork either. So there's that. (Not me. I enjoy a good pork cutlet!)

D

Depleted

So today at work I brought in some Thai spring rolls for some of my work mates to enjoy while we were working. They were left overs from the night before.
I cut them in half and offered for people to eat as they wish.

Everyone enjoyed them and towards the end of the day one of the guys asked me, "Was it beef in the rolls?"
I replied, "No, pork and prawn."

And he looked at me with wide eyes and said, "You know..." pointing towards our team leader who is a muslim.

I gasped and realised I didn't think anything of it until he mentioned it, feeling a bit bad but then I laughed out loud and said, "HE WENT BACK FOR SECONDS!" hahaha :D
I have a very sensitive digestive system. (Medical phrase is IBS.) I can eat pork and beef, but if I do I will be sick for the next three days. Because of that, I'm pretty up on what not to eat, including spring rolls in general. (I'm now drooling over spring rolls. lol) So was your team leader.

He is counting on you guys not telling his mosque. lol

D

Depleted

Actually, uhh...did you read the part where I didn't realise until it was mentioned at the end of the day?
And also, I decided not to say anything for his conscious sake. Though I am fully convinced all meats are to be eaten with thanksgiving, I still respect the beliefs of others.
Have you ever tried fishhead stew? ("The eyeballs are the thickener." How my Dad enticed us into eating it, although, honestly, we only ate it, because we had to. One of two meals he did not make us finish. It is as bad as it sounds.) Have you ever tried fried eel that was fried too long? (Guess what was the second thing we didn't have to eat more than one bite of. :rolleyes:)

No. Really. Some meats should not be eaten with or without thanksgiving. lol

D

Depleted

Oy vey! Muslims are NOT our Brothers and Sisters. They worship Allah & Mohammed. They worship idols, treat their wives like garbage, so he didn’t violate Romans 14:13.
In my head, I just heard my first southern accented "Oy vey!" :eek:

Up there with A Southerner doing an English accent. "Cheerio, y'all!"

(And, yes. I know, Breno was a little amused by my "you guys.")

SovereignGrace

Dec 28, 2016
In my head, I just heard my first southern accented "Oy vey!" :eek:

Up there with A Southerner doing an English accent. "Cheerio, y'all!"

(And, yes. I know, Breno was a little amused by my "you guys.")
Actually, it’s “Oy vey you’uns!”