The day I caused a Muslim to eat pork

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
In my head, I just heard my first southern accented "Oy vey!" :eek:

Up there with A Southerner doing an English accent. "Cheerio, y'all!"

(And, yes. I know, Breno was a little amused by my "you guys.")

at least you didn't say "youse guys"

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It is not Breno's responsibility to inform people what they are eating. It is the responsibility of the person with dietary restrictions to verify beforehand what they are eating. Also, Breno's team leader may be a non-practicing Muslim, in which case, eating pork may not even be an issue.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I have to admit that is pretty lol worthy, I once had a Vegitarian friend come over and I make a mean home made salad but I also drenched it in her favorite vegitarian ranch so you could hardly see much. and as a joke I put some small bacon bits in there and when she had done eating the salad she asked me what i did this time to make it so amazing, she said there was a delicious flavor in it she has never tasted before and I told her about my prank.

Sadly her suddenly pale face told me I am not good at jokes

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
It is not Breno's responsibility to inform people what they are eating. It is the responsibility of the person with dietary restrictions to verify beforehand what they are eating. Also, Breno's team leader may be a non-practicing Muslim, in which case, eating pork may not even be an issue.
True, but if I had thought of it I would've told him. Another guy in the team who is a hindu who doesn't eat pork or beef didn't eat it, I can't remember the interaction between him and I think I told him...
As for my team leader, he's not really practicing, he is but isn't. I think it's like those people who say they're catholic but go to church at Easter and Christmas.

I'm not going to tell him, as I said for his conscience sake. We are a small tight team and I don't think anyone else will tell him.
But if they were too, him and I have good repore, If I were to explain what happened and my reasons for not saying he would listen and understand if he really cared too much at all.

But from what I've gathered, he's never eaten pork until now lol... Actually he probably has without realising it.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I think it's like those people who say they're catholic but go to church at Easter and Christmas.
We call those folks the "holly and lily crowd".... :)

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
That is not funny. Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.(Rom 14:13 KJV)

1. Yeah... it's funny.

2. This verse you quote has nothing to do with the context of the OP

This verse is about causing other "CHRISTIANS" to stumble through imposition of STUPID LAWS... just has nothing to do with the OP.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
What is a non-practicing muslim?

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart
from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God
hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Timothy 4:

Downunder we have the 7th Day Adventists who actually own their
own multi-million dollar food and cereals company called
Sanitarium to rival your Kellogs cereals.
They have an extensive range of vegetarian products.

and they have vege burgers Yuk!!

Frontios1996

Mar 30, 2017
OK, I get that it was an accident on your part, but I wouldn't go waving it in your coworkers face. If you're ever going to win him for the kingdom, ridiculing his current beliefs is not what to do.

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
From this, it seems as if you are saying that Muslims are our brothers in Christ? Did I misunderstand you?
This is a fairly good example of a scripture being taken completely out of context to try to prove a point.

I would not willingly try to trick someone into violating his or her conscience, and the OP obviously did not, either. But that scripture is talking about how we, as Christians, should not use our understanding of our freedom in Christ to put a stumbling block in the way of a new believer in Christ.
...or anybody else.
Any stumbling block that causes one to stumble causes one to be deceived (the opposite to truth and love).

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
OK, I get that it was an accident on your part, but I wouldn't go waving it in your coworkers face. If you're ever going to win him for the kingdom, ridiculing his current beliefs is not what to do.
I don't believe saying one single comment is 'waving it in their face' considering It was brought to my attention hours later, nor is it ridiculing his belief, a situation said the funny part that I / we found is that he went for seconds, not the fact that he ate pork initially. And out of respect for his belief, I have chosen not to say anything for his own conscience.

Thought I might just clear it up again...

Feb 28, 2016
after hub's and my 'conversion', we were just personally 'convicted' to NOT eat PORK, from
the scriptures that we had read about how the pagans desecrated God's Holy /Temple/Altar by
offering their pagan sacrifices upon it, which happened to be 'pork', hog, swine'...

it's just a personal thing... although we have noticed over the years, that many take
offence of this, and 'some' have even tried to 'trick us' into eating pork, which they all ready
knew that we didn't eat, into some of the dishes that they served/gave to us...this broke our hearts...
but, we never held this against them...

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
after hub's and my 'conversion', we were just personally 'convicted' to NOT eat PORK, from
the scriptures that we had read about how the pagans desecrated God's Holy /Temple/Altar by
offering their pagan sacrifices upon it, which happened to be 'pork', hog, swine'...

it's just a personal thing... although we have noticed over the years, that many take
offence of this, and 'some' have even tried to 'trick us' into eating pork, which they all ready
knew that we didn't eat, into some of the dishes that they served/gave to us...this broke our hearts...
And that's perfectly acceptable :)

Those who worship the Lord on a special day do it to honor him. Those who eat any kind of food do so to honor the Lord, since they give thanks to God before eating. And those who refuse to eat certain foods also want to please the Lord and give thanks to God.
Romans 14:6 NLT

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
...or anybody else.
Any stumbling block that causes one to stumble causes one to be deceived (the opposite to truth and love).
While that is a good, Christ-like way to live, it still is NOT what that scripture was talking about.

That is called "taking scripture out of context".....

When scripture says to greet one another with a holy kiss, we shouldn't pull it out of context to say that we need to go around kissing everyone. We need to read, and keep, scripture in context.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016

and, we, as followers of Jesus, should have it as a part of our "Christian DNA" to not ever knowingly try to convince anyone to violate their conscience. Whether it be eating a specific meat, or ANY meat, or drinking alcohol, or smoking cigarettes, or celebrating Halloween, or observing Sabbath beliefs.....

Dec 12, 2013
So today at work I brought in some Thai spring rolls for some of my work mates to enjoy while we were working. They were left overs from the night before.
I cut them in half and offered for people to eat as they wish.

Everyone enjoyed them and towards the end of the day one of the guys asked me, "Was it beef in the rolls?"
I replied, "No, pork and prawn."

And he looked at me with wide eyes and said, "You know..." pointing towards our team leader who is a muslim.

I gasped and realised I didn't think anything of it until he mentioned it, feeling a bit bad but then I laughed out loud and said, "HE WENT BACK FOR SECONDS!" hahaha :D
Haahahahaha now that is hilarious.....when he realizes he is doomed to hell for it.....witness about Jesus.....very sly bro hahahahahahahaahaah

Dec 12, 2013
From this, it seems as if you are saying that Muslims are our brothers in Christ? Did I misunderstand you?
This is a fairly good example of a scripture being taken completely out of context to try to prove a point.

I would not willingly try to trick someone into violating his or her conscience, and the OP obviously did not, either. But that scripture is talking about how we, as Christians, should not use our understanding of our freedom in Christ to put a stumbling block in the way of a new believer in Christ.
Exactly what I thought.......how many just yank a verse and hang it on an incident so far out of context that it is not even on the same page.......one of the reasons Christianity is losing it's affect and power.....

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart
from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God
hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Timothy 4:

Downunder we have the 7th Day Adventists who actually own their
own multi-million dollar food and cereals company called
Sanitarium to rival your Kellogs cereals.
They have an extensive range of vegetarian products.

and they have vege burgers Yuk!!
That is an odd name for food products, considering the fact that using the term "sanitarium" is a polite way of saying looney bin :D